DC Prediction and Sources Thread

With Steele largely responsible for giving up 30+ points in 6 games and 340 total this season with really good athletes in a mediocre conference - I would hope that Hart could get Shannon done. I am not surprised Dooley would settle for less since he would feel less threatened at the expense of the success of the program and fan base.

Good call! Dooley is trying to ruin our program so that he can p off people like you. Clemson is trying to keep Steele because they love to pay terrible coaches alot of money. Keep the great insight coming.

I am putting my faith into 2 reliable sources, SpringBokVol and DocVol, and predicting it will be Shannon.

Now everyone will know who my inside sources are... :cool:

Probably a safe bet...SBV and DocVol seem solid. But I am not claiming any inside knowledge or sources.

Kudos to SBV for adding his name. Awesome.

Hopefully things progress further after Clemson's game. Still hoping for Shannon, but would consider it a good get if we end up with Steele.

There's another site that I don't believe we're allowed to mention here that's gone on record saying Shannon was a done deal.

Basilio also called Shannon, but somebody equally unreliable called Steele--forgot who.

Regardless of whether it's Steele or Shannon (have heard both although Steele is Dooley's top option), either candidate will be bringing at least one coach with him.

I would like to see a thread listing all of the people that predicted Wilcox and Sirmon weren't leaving this year. Also a list of the people that claimed Sirmon would stick around to be DC if Wilcox left.

Put the Baldfan down for Charlie Harbison - not my pick, but I think he is the most realistic pick.

That is all.

Just a thought. Not sure if this would even make sense. But, there are two posters saying lawyers are working up contracts for both Steele and for Shannon.

Obviously both are not gonna be hired, but could they both still be right? Could they be negotiating/talking to both guys and have the early stages of the contracts in place and just have to complete the final details of the contract for the one they hire? Probably not, just a thought.

Last edited:
Regardless of whether it's Steele or Shannon (have heard both although Steele is Dooley's top option), either candidate will be bringing at least one coach with him.

You were hearing Steele + Brooks yesterday.

Backing off that now or sticking with it?

Put the Baldfan down for Charlie Harbison - not my pick, but I think he is the most realistic pick.

That is all.

Some info on this guy - Harbison turned down the Gator DC job last year. He was CO-DCordinator this season with Steele. Funny they both are cadidates?

Charlie Harbison turns down Florida, will stay at Clemson.
Harbison has been contacted by Florida, which is interested in him as a candidate to fill its vacant defensive coordinator position. Football Rumor Mill can confirm that Charlie Harbison has removed his name from consideration and is no longer a candidate for the DC job at Florida.

Charlie Harbison turns down Florida, will stay at Clemson « Football Rumor Mill

Just a thought. Not sure if this would even make sense. But, there are two posters saying lawyers are working up contracts for both Steele and for Shannon.

Obviously both are not gonna be hired, but could they both still be right? Could they be negotiating/talking to both guys and have the early stages of the contracts in place and just have to complete the final details of the contract for the one they hire? Probably not, just a thought.

Sure, I mean, I don't know the ins and outs of full collegiate coach contracts and all, but we ALL know that even after coaches' contracts are finalized, they may take MONTHS to actually sign them. So, I guess in theory, both RS and KS could both be negotiating contracts and we'll take the best fitting one, and wish the other one the best.

what's the word out of bucksnort?

I called our man over at Bucksnort and he is reporting that our new DC will be....

Vic Koenning

Per Bucksnort, Vic had the # 7 defense in the country this year. Beats me?

Again, not posting predictions unless they are based on "sources" or info outside of this site.

I called our man over at Bucksnort and he is reporting that our new DC will be....

Vic Koenning

Per Bucksnort, Vic had the # 7 defense in the country this year. Beats me?

Didn't UNC just hire this guy yesterday? May be the best guy that was out there too

You were hearing Steele + Brooks yesterday.

Backing off that now or sticking with it?

That is correct. I have heard both but believe that Steele and Brooks/Hobby/Harbison will be who we get.

There's another site that I don't believe we're allowed to mention here that's gone on record saying Shannon was a done deal.

Basilio also called Shannon, but somebody equally unreliable called Steele--forgot who.

If Basilio called Shannon, it's not Shannon.

Last edited:
Again, not posting predictions unless they are based on "sources" or info outside of this site.

Didn't that other site that I'm not sure what to make of say that a team had already been told it would be Shannon?

VN Store

Back