DC Prediction and Sources Thread

Just a thought. Not sure if this would even make sense. But, there are two posters saying lawyers are working up contracts for both Steele and for Shannon.

Obviously both are not gonna be hired, but could they both still be right? Could they be negotiating/talking to both guys and have the early stages of the contracts in place and just have to complete the final details of the contract for the one they hire? Probably not, just a thought.

A word of caution on "working up contracts" the announcement for the new coaches will be made long before details of a worked up contract are finalized. once they have an understanding of some of the details, salary, length, buyouts, etc, the announcement will be made.

A memo of understanding is all that is needed and it won't take a lot of work. that is how they can make announcements so quickly. If it was Shannon (and it could end up being him), I think an announcment would have happened by now. CDD knew about Wilcox Saturday evening so he has had since then to "work out particulars" (memo of understanding) with Shannon.

Sirmon was hired right after signing day but he didn't sign a contract until September...

I could see both sides being right. They want a quick hire. They are negotiating and going ahead and having lawyers draw up papers and then decide which one the University is going to sign. So neo is right about his lawyer and the papers and the Shannon people too.

Ding ding ding....I mentioned that on here somewhere this morning and they laughed at me. If Shannon turned down advances by Arky, UCLA, Texas....I kinda doubt that he is a Knoxville kind of guy. Don't mean to splash water on the party. Hope I am wrong.

Well... That's disappointing. In my defense, It DID have updated and recent stories surrounding it. My apologies!

Update...

As of 20 minutes ago, LWS says he is hearing there has been no contact with RS.

29 Hours ago skeeter says he is 99% sure Dooley is talking with RS.

Go to OP for reference and links.

AiPqUMmCMAAAf0i.jpg

I just wish somebody would let us know what is going on. It's not that big of a deal for the fans to know who Dooley is interested in.

Update...

As of 20 minutes ago, LWS says he is hearing there has been no contact with RS.

29 Hours ago skeeter says he is 99% sure Dooley is talking with RS.

Go to OP for reference and links.

:birgits_giggle:

I'll take LWS over any "insider" on this site.

Stopit28 will be proven right or wrong in about 7 hours on his Shannon prediction.

VN Store

Back