DC Prediction and Sources Thread

Dude wants a 5 year deal supposedly and is sought after or rumored for many jobs. I could see that taking more time than your average contract. Although I understand the principles mentioned about your average contract deal.
If this is the case, the UTAD and Shannon's agent will be huddled up working over the details for a few days. No doubt that Shannon wants another head coaching gig.

if the Vols were to throw so much money at him, they would want to make sure that they are protected in this deal and would likely include a buyout for Shannon in this case. An agreement may take time.

He also posted that Randy Shannon was a done deal 2 days ago. He may be connected, but I don't think there are a lot of people who really know except for Hart and Dooley.

For future reference, you should know that TIFWIW means take it for what it's worth. It will help when responding. :hi:

I know, I was just reminding you that he was completely wrong 2 days ago so there is no reason for me to believe he wont be now.

Well thank you then for the reminder. I honestly am enjoying the ride and waiting for DD to announce it himself. I will believe it then. I prefer Shannon but will not be disappointed in Steele either.

Well thank you then for the reminder. I honestly am enjoying the ride and waiting for DD to announce it himself. I will believe it then. I prefer Shannon but will not be disappointed in Steele either.

I agree. Ill be ecstatic if we get both. Tomorrow we should know how much interest steele has.

Stopit28 prediction is now officially wrong.

Going through the thread again, I can't say I am surprised.

Shannon may very well be the guy, but stopit28 said it would be within 48 hours.

JMO, but if we don't hear anything this weekend, and given the performance of Steele's work tonight, I don't think it would be a good sign. It could mean Steele was the guy and now they are scrambling and trying to get the checkbook opened wider for Shannon. If it doesn't work, we could be looking at other options.

SBV, Doc....here's hoping you guys are right. I'm not ready to rail on Steele over one game given his resume, but a Shannon hire would feel a whole lot better.

Last year he coach the best defense in the ACC and 13th best in the country.

Who knows whats going on tonight. Not defending him tonight, this game is ugly and given how lost and unprepared the players look it falls squarely on him. But, he coached a national championship defense at Bama. It isn't like he doesn't know what he is doing and isn't capable of fielding a solid defense.

Who knows whats going on tonight. Not defending him tonight, this game is ugly and given how lost and unprepared the players look it falls squarely on him. But, he coached a national championship defense at Bama. It isn't like he doesn't know what he is doing and isn't capable of fielding a solid defense.

So we should do him a solid and let him mend his resume under Shannon as an assistant.

Steele was DC at Bama until 2007 before being demoted to linebackers coach in 2008, and they won the championship in 2009.

Last edited:
From the recruiting forum

skeeter33418 (1,205) 01:48 AM Today (#P)

Im hearing we could have the new dc announcement friday. Im leaning towards it not being Steele.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back