Deadpool

How you dealing with the "shock"? :)

It's on pace to be the best performing X-Men movie to date.

I'm sure some of that is due to the time of year it was released. Studios are realizing us dorks will go to the movies all year and not just May through July.

It's on pace to be the best performing X-Men movie to date.

I'm sure some of that is due to the time of year it was released. Studios are realizing us dorks will go to the movies all year and not just May through July.

That's a good thing... Getting tired of waiting for my fix. :pinch:

Saw it on Saturday and enjoyed it greatly.

Laughed the entire time. Hell, probably my biggest laugh was at the final word in the post credits scene.

Reactions: 1 person
He makes fun of it, but I think timeline wise Days of Future Past rebooted everything, so technically the events in Origins never happened.

That movie cleaned up a lot of the mess that Fox did with the X-Men franchise. Clean slate was needed.

I admit I was wrong I knew that comic fans who knew the character would go but I just never expected the general movie going public would flock to it with it being rated R and the gratuitous language. It shows that the perceived comic book fatigue is bunk!

My projections however were sound based on the past several years when it comes to (R rated) films especially those that fall toward the comedy genre. if you go back and look no one was projecting Deadpool to do what it has done!

The highest grossing R-rated film of 2015 was The Revenant a Best Picture nominee at only $179 Million and currently ranked 14th of 2015.

In 2014 of course another Best Picture nominee American Sniper (rated R) was the highest grossing film ($350 mil.) of the year but a completely different film than Deadpool. The next (rated R) film was 22 Jump Street coming in ironically again at #14 with $191 mil.

In 2013 it was the Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy comedy The Heat coming in at #15 and $159 mil.

It will be interesting to see where Deadpool stacks up at the end of the year beginning this week the big titles begin to hit with the Divergent: Allegiant next week Batman v. Superman. Over the next several months you have Disney's Live Action Jungle Book (April 15th), May Captain America: Civil War, Johnny Depp's Alice Through the Looking Glass (The first Alice film in 2010 grossed over $334 mil.) the week after that sees X-Men: Apocalypse drop. Those are all before June.

I admit I was wrong I knew that comic fans who knew the character would go but I just never expected the general movie going public would flock to it with it being rated R and the gratuitous language. It shows that the perceived comic book fatigue is bunk!

My projections however were sound based on the past several years when it comes to (R rated) films especially those that fall toward the comedy genre. if you go back and look no one was projecting Deadpool to do what it has done!

The highest grossing R-rated film of 2015 was The Revenant a Best Picture nominee at only $179 Million and currently ranked 14th of 2015.

In 2014 of course another Best Picture nominee American Sniper (rated R) was the highest grossing film ($350 mil.) of the year but a completely different film than Deadpool. The next (rated R) film was 22 Jump Street coming in ironically again at #14 with $191 mil.

In 2013 it was the Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy comedy The Heat coming in at #15 and $159 mil.

It will be interesting to see where Deadpool stacks up at the end of the year beginning this week the big titles begin to hit with the Divergent: Allegiant next week Batman v. Superman. Over the next several months you have Disney's Live Action Jungle Book (April 15th), May Captain America: Civil War, Johnny Depp's Alice Through the Looking Glass (The first Alice film in 2010 grossed over $334 mil.) the week after that sees X-Men: Apocalypse drop. Those are all before June.

I would think likely of that group Batman v Superman and CA: Civil War are the only ones that will challenge or beat what Deadpool has done worldwide, and maybe XMen:A.

Divergent? Please.

lol the Divergent movie and the Alice in Wonderland movie won't come remotely close to Deadpool.

I'm not talking world wide I'm talking US domestic total.

Your probably right about the Divergent film however as I mentioned the first "Alice" film in 2010 did $334 mil. domestically & over a Billion Worldwide and was the 2nd highest grossing film of the year behind Toy Story 3 and ahead of Iron Man 2!

If Deadpool ended its run today it would have finished 7th based on 2015 Domestic totals behind Minions and ahead of The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2.

Its probably only got about 3 to 4 weeks before it is mostly gone from theaters as its scheduled for Blu-ray release on May 10th.

Last edited:
I'm not talking world wide I'm talking US domestic total.

Your probably right about the Divergent film however as I mentioned the first "Alice" film in 2010 did $334 mil. domestically & over a Billion Worldwide and was the 2nd highest grossing film of the year behind Toy Story 3 and ahead of Iron Man 2!

If Deadpool ended its run today it would have finished 7th based on 2015 Domestic totals behind Minions and ahead of The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2.

Its probably only got about 3 to 4 weeks before it is mostly gone from theaters as its scheduled for Blu-ray release on May 10th.

I don't think the Alice sequel will do quite as well as the first one did.

Finally saw it. Greatly enjoyed it and the constant references. Only slightly disappointed that Death was never brought in while he was being experimented on, but she could totally be a love interest in the sequel after his girl gets killed or leaves him or however they choose to do that.

I have never read the comics … Is deadpool a nickname or code? where did it come from? what does it mean?

I have never read the comics … Is deadpool a nickname or code? where did it come from? what does it mean?

He's a superhero who looks like a cross between spiderman and a ninja. I'm not geeky enough to answer the question further.

I wouldn't have known of his existence if not for my two boys.

It's explained I the movie

Haven't seen it yet...
Planning to. May wait for Release at this point.

Finding time for a movie that my kids can't see is nigh impossible. They are 10 & 13...not Deadpool age at all.

Haven't seen it yet...

Finding time for a movie that my kids can't see is nigh impossible. They are 10 & 13...not Deadpool age at all.

10 is what I am dealing with and is tough....I agree.

They just dont make family comedies anymore it seems.

You are either watching disney cartoons or listening to f bombs through the whole movie.

Haven't seen it yet...

I finally got around to seeing this Friday night. I understand what you are saying. My kids are 8, 11, and 15.

This movie is definitely a hard R. It is driving my 11 year old son, who is way into super hero movies, a little crazy that he can't see this.

Haven't seen it yet...

Cool, that's why I didn't explain it for you. I enjoyed the film and I'm not a huge superhero guy.

VN Store

Back