Death penalty

Not real sure where you were going with that....Just because it's legal doesn't make it right. At least it's safe now vs when it was illegal and women were using clothes hangers and having it done with unsterileized equipment. You can say all you want. My point is valid. I really don't care if you get it or not.

Depending on what party you are in the situation. Oh yea, and there is also the aspect of psychological or long term reproductive damage. But you're right, at least it is safe now.

Yea...I am against abortion. But I have kind of gotten past the whole legality of the situation. People can do what they want for all I care.

Yea...I am against abortion. But I have kind of gotten past the whole legality of the situation. People can do what they want for all I care.

Jimmy crack embryos . . . and allvol123 don't care.

Heck yea! Nothing screams justice for killing a relative of mine like a litter free highway!

Actually, I was thinking something like manual labor for the benefit of the society he betrayed wouldn't scream anything and won't make amends for what happened (b/c I don't think anything will). But perhaps it might convey a sense of humanity and compassion and perhaps, eventually, even repentance and forgiveness.

But what "screams" justice to you? The scream of a man as he's being shocked to death? The scream of the victim's family watching that man die by being poisoned? The scream of that man's own family members knowing he's getting zapped to death? Does that make you feel better knowing they're "getting it"?

Actually, I was thinking something like manual labor for the benefit of the society he betrayed wouldn't scream anything and won't make amends for what happened (b/c I don't think anything will). But perhaps it might convey a sense of humanity and compassion and perhaps, eventually, even repentance and forgiveness.

But what "screams" justice to you? The scream of a man as he's being shocked to death? The scream of the victim's family watching that man die by being poisoned? The scream of that man's own family members knowing he's getting zapped to death? Does that make you feel better knowing they're "getting it"?

I feel no need for a murderer to be forced into helping society.

Actually, it would not make me feel better for him to die. Losing a loved one to some piece of garbage probably leaves a whole in you that never is filled. But I would find justice in seeing the convicted pay an equal price.

How about this method? Let the family members be responsible for the sentencing of anyone convicted of such an act. Sounds good to me.

We could always go the Charlie Daniels route and tie them to a stump and let the swamp eat them alive.

I feel no need for a murderer to be forced into helping society.

Actually, it would not make me feel better for him to die. Losing a loved one to some piece of garbage probably leaves a whole in you that never is filled. But I would find justice in seeing the convicted pay an equal price.

How about this method? Let the family members be responsible for the sentencing of anyone convicted of such an act. Sounds good to me.

The two bolded sentences seem at odds to me. I agree that losing a loved one does leave a hole that isn't filled, but the idea of justice exists at least partly for us to feel that everyone is being treated fairly (both law-abiding and law-breaking people). So I don't see how you could find justice in capital punishment but at the same time say it won't make you feel any better.

I don't think this is an easy, cut and dried issue. And as angry as I think I'd be if someone harmed a loved one of mine, I believe that killing them in turn is not the healthy thing to do - for me or them or anyone. I would want to give them a chance to turn their life around (not necessarily become free again, for I think they forfeit that right by choosing to commit a heinous act), but at least by contributing to society - I don't feel it's necessary, but I feel perhaps it makes the best of an absolutely horrible situation.

I see what you're saying about letting the family decide, but I don't think we should ever let that happen. We have an objective (supposedly) judicial system in place to determine people's punishment based on the crime. If we left it to family members, Darryl Hunt, an innocent man, would've been given the death penalty many years ago.

Darryl Hunt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It would make me feel justice was served.

Really, do you not have the guts to tell me what this means?
I need to know if I should be insulted or not. (please, no one else answer, I want it from him)

No reason to be offended. He was quoting me when he said that. It means fixed your post. He changed my original post to get a chuckle. It's no big deal.

No reason to be offended. He was quoting me when he said that. It means fixed your post. He changed my original post to get a chuckle. It's no big deal.

I had asked him what it meant before the "offended" comment. He did not reply to the first request so I kicked it up a little. If that is all it means, then he shuld have responded, but i guess he does not think that I am worthy of a reply. It's all good.
Any thing you post in text, you should be ready to tell what it means, especially if the letter "f" is in it. just my opinion

Last edited:
I had asked him what it meant before the "offended" comment. He did not reply to the first request so I kicked it up a little. If that is all it means, then he shuld have responded, but i guess he does not think that I am worthy of a reply. It's all good.
Any thing you post in text, you should be ready to tell what it means, especially if the letter "f" is in it. just my opinion

I saw you had asked before. He was quoting me when he said it, so it was pointed in my direction. That's why I responded. No worries...

Sorry bro. I didn't see your follow-up post directed at me specifically.

Kev20 translated it for you on page 5 of this thread, but if you want to hear it from me, fyp means "fixed your post" - a lot of posters on message boards use it in an attempt at humor (poor attempts most of the time) to show that they have another perspective on the issue at hand - of course they're not really "fixing" the post but more suggesting that their opinion is better. I was responding to rptvol's post, not yours, and IMO (in my opinion) you should not be offended. It's just banter, that's all.

Cool?

Sorry bro. I didn't see your follow-up post directed at me specifically.

Kev20 translated it for you on page 5 of this thread, but if you want to hear it from me, fyp means "fixed your post" - a lot of posters on message boards use it in an attempt at humor (poor attempts most of the time) to show that they have another perspective on the issue at hand - of course they're not really "fixing" the post but more suggesting that their opinion is better. I was responding to rptvol's post, not yours, and IMO (in my opinion) you should not be offended. It's just banter, that's all.

Cool?

Cool!...thanks, I am just textually challenged.

The two bolded sentences seem at odds to me. I agree that losing a loved one does leave a hole that isn't filled, but the idea of justice exists at least partly for us to feel that everyone is being treated fairly (both law-abiding and law-breaking people). So I don't see how you could find justice in capital punishment but at the same time say it won't make you feel any better.

It would not make me feel any better in regards to losing my loved one. It would make me feel justice had been served. I am not sure of what other way to put it.

VN Store

Back