Democrats OK with calling Black folk “Boy”

And 90% of the people here would be writing multiple paragraphs explaining why describing him as "a boy" is different from addressing somebody directly as "boy".

This is the circle of volnation. It’s like watching an encapsulated version of Twitter or just politics in general as people rotate opinions.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
You sure I have to go back that far? I came to this realization reading The State Against Blacks which was written in 1982 and the book (and the academic papers it cited) used it throughout.
I know it wasn't used in school by studentsor teachers. Occassionally I'd hear an older person use it.

You sure I have to go back that far? I came to this realization reading The State Against Blacks which was written in 1982 and the book (and the academic papers it cited) used it throughout.
Plus, when I think of 30-40 years ago my mind thinks of 60s and 70s.:confused::confused::confused:

My grandmother was pretty deep into her senility and just started throwing the hard R around. Hell, she started to just call me the N word in her final months.
Why would she call you a neophyte???

Like it or not, the speaker and the speaker's history matter.

Just Saying......

In August 2020, Biden told a gathering of black and Hispanic journalists that “unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.”

In May 2020, Biden infamously asserted to the largely black audience that if they were unsure of whether to vote for him or Trump, then “you ain’t black!

In 2010, he warmly eulogized Sen. Robert Byrd, a former Exalted Cyclops in the Ku Klux Klan, saying he was “one of my mentors” and that “the Senate is a lesser place for his going.

In 2007, he referred to Barack Obama as “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean.”

In 1977, he said that forced busing to desegregate schools would cause his children to “grow up in a racial jungle.”

Who else remembers the media collectively loosing their minds when Perot used "you people" during a speech to a group of black folks?

maxresdefault.jpg

VN Store

Back