Devrin Young Injury

The sky isnt falling but there's no way around it...this sux.

This sux for Devrin and our football team.

Deverin Young is a pretty darn good football player and he will be missed, however, if he is to be out for 6 weeks, it may indeed be wise to RS him. We will need Young next year and beyond. Fielding punts can be very difficult, especially in the wind, sun, and night games. The old football can have a mind of it's own when comming down, spinning, tumbling, knuckle type float and ect. so it takes a good centerfielder to cleanly field punts, not to mention returning the punt.

We will have Vic Wharton back there next year....

Reactions: 1 person
Word on twitter is rumbling that D. Young may have a broken wrist that requires surgery. May be out 4-6 weeks. I'm not sure the legitimacy of the rumor, just figured I'd toss it out there and see if anyone else had heard anything.

tumblr_lxo498PACr1qcv2z3o1_250.gif

We'll be just fine y'all. The sky is not falling because of one player that's hurt. CBJ gets it & he will have the answer for this. He knows the players & that's why they pay him the big bucks to solve problems like this. There's a stable of players that can do the job.

Butch getting paid the big bucks doesn't mean UT has a stable of able bodies when we have injuries. Dooley got paid the big bucks and figured nothing out.

It's a big loss, not a crisis, but a loss. However, as much as I believe in Butch, I don't blindly assume he has this covered. Injuries hurt the team.

What's one of those slogans now....oh yeah.....Rise to the TOP. Coach Jones will have this team rising to the top even with a punt returner from those recruits that practice everyday. Seriously, we are not in panic mold to find a person to catch a football.

What's one of those slogans now....oh yeah.....Rise to the TOP. Coach Jones will have this team rising to the top even with a punt returner from those recruits that practice everyday. Seriously, we are not in panic mold to find a person to catch a football.

Not panic mode, I agree. However, finding guys who can field punts is not an easy task. We haven't had dependable returners lately before Young. Catching a football with a number of large men running full steam at you isn't as easy as one may think.

Sutton and Jacob Carter are the next two up to handle punts; Pig will handle KO returns; not sure who is up after him.

UT wouldn't have needed to worry about this last year...Sal's defensive philosophy greatly minimized the punt return.

Reactions: 3 people
Sutton will not be handling returns. Probably because lack of depth at CB.

Tough break for Young. Seemed like things were coming together pretty nice for him this year.

Is Foreman an option? Some have said he is good with the ball in his hands.

It really bothers me that you all are so positive the entire preseason and now you have one slightly negative story to think about and all you can do is harp on how this is the decline of our team. This team will be champions.

I will say that I hope no one being counted on to play at CB gets anywhere near a punt return.

Tough break for Young. Seemed like things were coming together pretty nice for him this year.

My son played at DB....graduated the year before Malik. Malik is good with the ball in his hands but I think Young has a step on him.

Foreman is the first person I thought of, after what little I have seen of him so far.

Yeah. I guess I should have thought that out a little more. Foreman is one of the first guys up after Sutton and Coleman at CB. I just don't know how you can risk getting any of those guys hurt.

Maybe just put the guy out there with the best hands then fair catch every punt?

If they were smart they wouldn't use Sutton at any return spots unless he is just absolutely amazing because why risk the injury of a starter at a very very thin position.

VN Store

Back