Devrin Young Injury

Dammit to hell...We are cursed..cursed ..btw, what exactly does he give Tennessee besides the ****s every time he fields a punt?

You know, Devrin is an ok player---it sucks for the guy but quite honestly I don't see it hurting anything other than depth. I think his skills and abilities are overinflated because he's local. Period. If he were as great an athlete as people made out he would have been in the running back rotation (and keep in mind we are depth poor at that position). I think Pig would sooner be a more dynamic presence as Devrin IMO. It's not good for depth but you can't say we haven't upgraded.

Reactions: 1 person
Hearing rumors he is out for a month or so. Anyone know anything about this? If so, what happened?

doesnt really concern me as far as offense goes but the return game could be hurt by this. But DY being hurt could open the door for a youngster who could be a better returner. every time DY gets in the open field he seems to trip over his own feet or get ahead of himself i dont kno what it is but he always stumbles

Butch said DY would be out4-6 weeks, also mentioned Cam Sutton as a possible replacement . Heard that on Vol Calls. :yes:

doesnt really concern me as far as offense goes but the return game could be hurt by this. But DY being hurt could open the door for a youngster who could be a better returner. every time DY gets in the open field he seems to trip over his own feet or get ahead of himself i dont kno what it is but he always stumbles

Funny you say that since a stumble is what got him hurt. :sad:

"stumbled as he turned upfield, braced his fall with his left arm and came up grabbing his hand with the pain evident on his face."

Devrin runs like he's straddling an exercise ball.

And, IMHO, he virtually stop drops and rolls if you even come close to laying a finger on him. Serviceable player... hope someone steps up in his absence and becomes a real playmaker.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back