Did Joe Biden Win the 2020 Presidential Election?

Did Joe Biden Win the 2020 Presidential Election?

• Yes. I'm a Democrat.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Yes. I'm a Republican.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Yes. I'm an Independent.

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • No. I'm a Democrat.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • No. I'm a Republican.

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • No. I'm an Independent.

Votes: 12 15.8%

• Total voters
There were several posters who agreed with the concept that that there should not be vast differences in the ease of voting from one precinct to the next.
Actually, anyone who doesn't agree with that concept is just plain dumb. But sometimes we have to take baby steps.
What would have been better would have asked for faster times. But you went out of your way to say that your wouldn't mind having long wait times if everybody else was having to deal with long wait times. That is redistribution of misery and inefficiency, not working towards improvement.

There were several posters who agreed with the concept that that there should not be vast differences in the ease of voting from one precinct to the next.
Actually, anyone who doesn't agree with that concept is just plain dumb. But sometimes we have to take baby steps.

Your words...
I would gladly wait 2 hours if that was the norm everywhere.

What would have been better would have asked for faster times. But you went out of your way to say that your wouldn't mind having long wait times if everybody else was having to deal with long wait times. That is redistribution of misery and inefficiency, not working towards improvement.
please.
I was responding to morons who were saying if I wasn't willing to wait two hours I didn't need to vote, and other such nonsense.
I was trying to move the discussion back to the actual point.....difference in the ease of voting between precincts.
The point wasn't about the length of the wait but the differences between precincts.
Sometimes even baby steps are excruciatingly difficult.

Still not the point. The point of the discussion was the discrepancies in ease of voting between precincts.
You said you went 3 times. Technology provided you/anyone to plan accordingly to not be troubled with a wait time that isn’t time consuming over a 3 week period. You had 10+ more times to go but chose not to.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
You said you went 3 times. Technology provided you/anyone to plan accordingly to not be troubled with a wait time that isn’t time consuming over a 3 week period. You had 10+ more times to go but chose not to.
????
If there was a 2 hour wait during every lunch time and afternoon at one precinct and no wait time during lunch times and afternoons at others, that's a difference in ease of voting....which was the point of the discussion.

10 more chances close to his job...

????
If there was a 2 hour wait during every lunch time and afternoon at one precinct and no wait time during lunch times and afternoons at others, that's a difference in ease of voting....which was the point of the discussion.
I knew it. You were going at lunch when everybody else was going. But I will cut you some slack on the lunch time wait. But now you say the same thing occurred in the afternoon? You couldn't wait in line after work? What was the excuse there?

Reactions: Majors
????
Easy, find another time. Mid morning, later afternoon, heading home …the beauty of early voting is you get plenty of options. If your place of employment only lets you vote during lunch then there’s your issue. Seems you’re making a lot of excuses. I’ve waited in line 10 mins, I’ve waited in line 1 hour to 2 hours days of elections.

I knew it. You were going at lunch when everybody else was going. But I will cut you some slack on the lunch time wait. But now you say the same thing occurred in the afternoon? You couldn't wait in line after work? What was the excuse there?
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Easy, find another time. Mid morning, later afternoon, heading home …the beauty of early voting is you get plenty of options. If your place of employment only lets you vote during lunch then there’s your issue. Seems you’re making a lot of excuses. I’ve waited in line 10 mins, I’ve waited in line 1 hour to 2 hours days of elections.
Good grief guys......THE DICUSSION WAS ABOUT THE DESCREPANCIES BETWEEN PRECINCTS.
All caps is my last gasp effort to try and get you to understand.
Nothing you are saying has ANYTHING to do with the point of the discussion.

Good grief guys......THE DICUSSION WAS ABOUT THE DESCREPANCIES BETWEEN PRECINCTS.
Why is the discrepancies an issue? Again, you have early voting where you have the most flexible schedule and times to vote. There is no way you are going to convince me that there were two hour lines everyday and at every hour at that precinct.

Why is the discrepancies an issue? Again, you have early voting where you have the most flexible schedule and times to vote. There is no way you are going to convince me that there were two hour lines everyday and at every hour at that precinct.
Because it was agreed that the ease of voting should not be vastly different from one precinct to the next.

All caps is my last gasp effort to try and get you to understand.
Nothing you are saying has ANYTHING to do with the point of the discussion.
It has to do with you saying YOU (all caps too) went 3 times but the line was 2 hours each time in early voting. Said earlier, the discrepancy is how voters in the article you provided choose to typically vote. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting change.

It has to do with you saying YOU (all caps too) went 3 times but the line was 2 hours each time in early voting. Said earlier, the discrepancy is how voters in the article you provided choose to typically vote. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting change.
Which I guess means that expecting you to get the point is insane.
Nothing you have said, not one single thing, has refuted the fact that there are large discrepancies in ease of voting from one precinct to another.

Which I guess means that expecting you to get the point is insane.
Nothing you have said, not one single thing, has refuted the fact that there are large discrepancies in ease of voting from one precinct to another.
And I guess we are glossing over these discrepancies because that is a minor inconvenience... esp. when you consider that you have plenty of opportunities to early vote and the fact that most of you people have no problem waiting 2 hours for COVID test kits or for a Black Friday computer or television at 4:00 am.

Its like you all can find the time to wait in line for anything else but this.

And I guess we are glossing over these discrepancies because that is a minor inconvenience... esp. when you consider that you have plenty of opportunities to early vote and the fact that most of you people have no problem waiting 2 hours for COVID test kits or for a Black Friday computer or television at 4:00 am.

Its like you all can find the time to wait in line for anything else but this.
I feared it would only be a matter of time before YOU PEOPLE reached the ridiculous and turned to silly insults.
I'll restate my original position. There should be similar ratios of registered voters per precinct and voting machines per precinct.
It should never be significantly easier to cast a vote in precinct A than it is in precinct B. That is currently not the case and it is almost always a heavily democratic precinct that is disadvantaged.

To the degree that remains true, mail in voting will remain a legitimate option.
If you want to strengthen your argument against mail in voting, advocate for more equality between precincts.

That's what we were talking about. I went on 3 different occasions for early voting and the wait was over 2 hours each time.
And my wife waited an hour and a half in Knoxville, as did I when I went on a separate occasion.

I feared it would only be a matter of time before YOU PEOPLE reached the ridiculous and turned to silly insults.
I'll restate my original position. There should be similar ratios of registered voters per precinct and voting machines per precinct.
It should never be significantly easier to cast a vote in precinct A than it is in precinct B. That is currently not the case and it is almost always a heavily democratic precinct that is disadvantaged.

To the degree that remains true, mail in voting will remain a legitimate option.
If you want to strengthen your argument against mail in voting, advocate for more equality between precincts.
But see this is where your argument fails. In GA you have basically 48% of voters with access to 38% of polling locations and 52% of voters with access to 62% of polling locations. Those aren’t huge spreads and then you consider that 38% is concentrated in a handful of counties all together (we’ll call it 10% of the state) vs the other 90% of the state having the the majority, as it should because it’s 90% of the state, then there’s no real problem.

But see this is where your argument fails. In GA you have basically 48% of voters with access to 38% of polling locations and 52% of voters with access to 62% of polling locations. Those aren’t huge spreads and then you consider that 38% is concentrated in a handful of counties all together (we’ll call it 10% of the state) vs the other 90% of the state having the the majority, as it should because it’s 90% of the state, then there’s no real problem.
Sure it is a problem.
Let's say 4800 represents the 48% and 38 precincts represent the 38%. That's 126 people per precinct.
Now let 5200 represent the 52% and 62 precincts represent the 62%. That's 84 people per precinct.
126 is 50% more than 84. Precincts around metro Atlanta are 50% more crowded. That is significant.
It's easy to compare average wait times.

Sure it is a problem.
Let's say 4800 represents the 48% and 38 precincts represent the 38%. That's 126 people per precinct.
Now let 5200 represent the 52% and 62 precincts represent the 62%. That's 84 people per precinct.
126 is 50% more than 84. Precincts around metro Atlanta are 50% more crowded. That is significant.
Doesn't the county determine where polling places are or how many are available?

Doesn't the county determine where polling places are or how many are available?
They have guidelines with which to operate, but they are not enforced.
What you are left with is discrepancies between counties largely dictated by $$$.
Which circles us back to my original point.
It should not be significantly easier to cast a vote in precinct A than in precinct B; or in county A than in county B.
And really, it shouldn't be significantly easier to vote in state A than in state B.

Sure it is a problem.
I get that but when you live in an urban area you are choosing longer wait times for everything. Commutes, restaurant dining, DMV, everything.

VN Store

Back