Dillon Bates commits to UT

Bates has a LB build already. Hurd is built more like a receiver. He is not built like Jamal Lewis or Eddie George. Those guys were physical specimens. Hurd can run, no doubt, but his highlights do not suggest a power back. Don't take my observations personally. As for my prediction about our recruiting ranking, it is still extremely early, and I still predict a top 15 finish.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The only observation I take personally is your use of possessive....we our us etc...You're not a Vol fan and we both know it...you use little subcutaneous jabs and then call it objectivity. It's an insult to us because you're obviously a troll...who are numerous on this site but generally identify themself. I never question your intelligence because I feel you're highly educated and for all I know the bulk of it was in Knoxville. Somewhere along the way, probably at the beginning, the success of our team became an issue in the negative for you. Most surmise you're a Vandy troll...I always guessed Bama...maybe you never truly followed another program and your little pokes are a psychological experiment at the expense of my fanbase...MY fanbase...OURS...not yours...that I addressed you on this is most likely a victory for you...that I even took the time...just crystallizing our position...Vol fans...we ain't buying what you're pitching!

Last edited:
The only observation I take personally is your use of possessive....we our us etc...You're not a Vol fan and we both know it...you use little subcutaneous jabs and then call it objectivity. It's an insult to us because you're obviously a troll...who are numerous on this site but generally identify themself. I never question your intelligence because I feel you're highly educated and for all I know the bulk of it was in Knoxville. Somewhere along the way, probably at the beginning, the success of our team became an issue in the negative for you. Most surmise you're a Vandy troll...I always guessed Bama...maybe you never truly followed another program and your little pokes are a psychological experiment at the expense of my fanbase...MY fanbase...OURS...not yours...that I addressed you on this is most likely a victory for you...that I even took the time...just crystallizing our position...Vol fans...we ain't buying what you're pitching!

Nope. UT Law grad holmes!! Being objective doesn't disqualify me from being a Vol fan. It's important to maintain some perspective. Nothing I've said can be construed as trashing our players, coaches, etc. I'm elated about our recruiting success so far. My thoughts on Hurd aren't even negative--they are simply my observations. I believe he can be a very good football player for us. But I wouldn't be surprised if he plays different positions. That's all.

Nope. UT Law grad holmes!! Being objective doesn't disqualify me from being a Vol fan. It's important to maintain some perspective. Nothing I've said can be construed as trashing our players, coaches, etc. I'm elated about our recruiting success so far. My thoughts on Hurd aren't even negative--they are simply my observations. I believe he can be a very good football player for us. But I wouldn't be surprised if he plays different positions. That's all.

I covered all your bullet points...you're reissuing

This is probably a more useful video. As you can see, he's playing RB and some WR. 6'4", 222. Sounds about right. As you can see in the video, he has a leaner physique than your prototypical RB. Why are ya'll having a hard time accepting this?

Jalen Hurd preseason clips - YouTube

I can see where you would come to your opinion.

It seems that he doesn't leave very many angles for a would be tackler to square-up in front of him for maximum impact though, a plus in most anyone's book. The young man obviously has great vision and athleticism and the few instances in the highlights where contact could not be avoided, he held his own pretty well.

About 14 months from now,with the training he will receive, I'm thinking DB's in the SEC will already be trying to figure out the best way to tackle him and survive.
That's just my opinion

Reactions: 2 people
I can see where you would come to your opinion.

It seems that he doesn't leave very many angles for a would be tackler to square-up in front of him for maximum impact though, a plus in most anyone's book. The young man obviously has great vision and athleticism and the few instances in the highlights where contact could not be avoided, he held his own pretty well.

About 14 months from now,with the training he will receive, I'm thinking DB's in the SEC will already be trying to figure out the best way to tackle him and survive.
That's just my opinion

Welcome to the board.

I mean he is not muscular. Just look at his highlights. Also, there was a recent spring break picture of him on the beach someone posted on this site. He had no upper body definition. If I recall, Jamal Lewis was built like a Greek god (as was Eddie George). His highlights do not show him running over many people. He usually runs around them or through the hole. He does have excellent quick decision-making ability though. Also has very good acceleration. All I'm saying is don't expect him to be a power back who consistently runs through people. He is more of a sprinter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: 5 people
I mean he is not muscular. Just look at his highlights. Also, there was a recent spring break picture of him on the beach someone posted on this site. He had no upper body definition. If I recall, Jamal Lewis was built like a Greek god (as was Eddie George). His highlights do not show him running over many people. He usually runs around them or through the hole. He does have excellent quick decision-making ability though. Also has very good acceleration. All I'm saying is don't expect him to be a power back who consistently runs through people. He is more of a sprinter.
Wow! Dude no disrespect but that is utterly absurd. The brotha is physical. The linebacker's at his last camp were a testament to his physicality. Hell they couldn't bring him down and he's got speed. You can be both. From a size standpoint he's cut. I don't get get where you say he's not.

Wow! Dude no disrespect but that is utterly absurd. The brotha is physical. The linebacker's at his last camp were a testament to his physicality. Hell they couldn't bring him down and he's got speed. You can be both. From a size standpoint he's cut. I don't get get where you say he's not.

rcvol knows this as well as you...he puts it out there for the reaction...under the guise of a fellow Vol fan

Reactions: 1 person
Hurd is over 220lbs and runs a 4.3 40. Not a physical specimen? Are you insane?

Not trying to argue...but he doesn't run a 4.3 now...

He might of ran that when he weighed 190-200. But if he weighs 230 now, no way he runs a 4.3.

Why can't people just be happy he's a vol. All people wanna do is complain and find something wrong with a recruit, it's stupid.

Wtf am I complaining about?

All I said is he doesn't run a 4.3....most corners and WR don't run that, you're telling me a 16 year old 230 pound rb runs that...

Get out of here with that garbage.

And IDGAF what he runs btw, he could run a 4.8 for all I care. I said 100 times he's a beast and a great rb.

Last edited:

All I said is he doesn't run a 4.3....most corners and WR don't run that, you're telling me a 16 year old 230 pound rb runs that...

And IDGAF what he runs btw, he could run a 4.8 for all I care. I said 100 times he's a beast and a great rb.

rcvol got all this bs started so look at the source & lets just all be happy for DB & the Vol Nation!

Lol yo bro chill. That wasn't a shot at you, it was more of a shot at the nega vols on this site always nit picking on recruits.

I'm sure your love for everything orange is pure...why question his professionally timed 40 without an equally legitimate countertime?...afraid we're going to jump up cliffs in despair when we find out he's not that fast?...as we're wont to do

these group of recruits just make me smile. bates kelly hurd creamer just to name a few. can't wait for the next couple of years.

VN Store

Back