Do People Understand Section 230?

Welp

ErPwPjXWMAEhKLa

I used to frequent Yahoo for no other reason than to read the comment sections. 6 or 7 months ago they did away with the comments "temporarily" with this comment: "Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting"

I don't visit their site anymore. I am sick to death of the cancel culture and the silencing of people's opinions. Screw Facebook and twitter and the rest of these nazi like liberal trash companies.

So, now that Apple and Google Play have nuked Parler from their stores, is this an antitrust issue?

I mean, some of you mouthbreahters keep talking about "free market" and "competition." But it sure as hell seems like the competition is getting knocked out every time they pick up steam.

Bonus coincidence, Trump apparently signed up for Parler today and now it's removed from Apple and Google.

So, now that Apple and Google Play have nuked Parler from their stores, is this an antitrust issue?

I mean, some of you mouthbreahters keep talking about "free market" and "competition." But it sure as hell seems like the competition is getting knocked out every time they pick up steam.

Bonus coincidence, Trump apparently signed up for Parler today and now it's removed from Apple and Google.
In before PJ ignores Apple and Google removing Parler.

As long as there are other sites for them to go to, I'm not shedding any tears. Now, if we were in China, were the government could cut you off of everything, that would be a different matter.
We are there. Google and Apple control 95% of people's information streams now. Most people are using their phones.

Ya, because your typical user will do that...
So I'm to believe they're constitutional scholars, experts in race relations and voting computer data analysts but downloading a file is too tough? If true, what's hard about a browser tab? You can even save the shortcut to your desktop for one click access

I support Apple and Google’s right to take parler off their stores. What needs to be looked at is were they pressured by the government to do so or are they colluding to stifle competition.

Reactions: AM64
I support Apple and Google’s right to take parler off their stores. What needs to be looked at is were they pressured by the government to do so or are they colluding to stifle competition.
Pressured by which government?

China has much more influence than most people understand.

Reactions: Rickyvol77 and AM64
Pressured by which government?

China has much more influence than most people understand.

Is there much a difference between them anymore?

I think its not out of the realm of possibility, actually it’s quite possible that our government would pressure them to drop drop it.

I'm still wondering where all the "if a baker won't bake you a cake, find another baker" conservatives went.
If all the bakers collude against you that becomes a horse of a different color.

If parler was such a meme and no one used it why ban it?

The biggest argument people make is the "well, there's competition" to FB, Twitter, etc.

Now that yet another service is actively smashing the "competition," I feel there are antitrust and collusion issues at stake here. Of course, PJ comes in with his "just just through hoops and get it that way" comments he thinks is an off the top rope argument winner.

giphy.gif

Again, nothing will be done about this and they'll be allowed to continue silencing conservatives and getting away with keeping competition out of the market. And furthermore, you know how the Squad and others talk big about going after Amazon and others, but you never hear one peep about Facebook, Twitter or Google?

Wonder why that is?

The biggest argument people make is the "well, there's competition" to FB, Twitter, etc.

Now that yet another service is actively smashing the "competition," I feel there are antitrust and collusion issues at stake here. Of course, PJ comes in with his "just just through hoops and get it that way" comments he thinks is an off the top rope argument winner.

giphy.gif

Again, nothing will be done about this and they'll be allowed to continue silencing conservatives and getting away with keeping competition out of the market. And furthermore, you know how the Squad and others talk big about going after Amazon and others, but you never hear one peep about Facebook, Twitter or Google?

Wonder why that is?

It deserves a look.

Just ask someone else to buy things from there store for you.

I was referring to the table turning moment with WS on his comments.

The paradigm changes when someone says "use another baker" and then goes and shuts down that other baker for whatever reason. Competition in the market is what we allude to. But when the competition gets removed, that argument no longer stands.

Reactions: AM64
I was referring to the table turning moment with WS on his comments.

The paradigm changes when someone says "use another baker" and then goes and shuts down that other baker for whatever reason. Competition in the market is what we allude to. But when the competition gets removed, that argument no longer stands.
Got it 👍

VN Store

Back