Do we win a natty in football...

Difficult to see if UT can win one in any of those sports, Football does not have Alabama or Georgia talent, Basketball has only been to one elite 8 in its entire existence, but Baseball imho is on track to win a College World Series, Vitello just reloads hitters and pitchers, his talent is as good as any team in the country even the blue bloods.

It won't be football--and trying to outbid rivals for prospect's is a fool's game, by everyone. The bigger the conference gets, the
harder it becomes to win the conference or even get to the conference title game, and I can't even remember when we were last in the SEC
title game. And if not, our best chance would be good enough to get in the playoffs and then win four straight--which would be playing, what, 16 games? Don't hold your breath....It would be damn nice to win a natty in freakin' SOMETHING. My bet is either baseball or men's tennis--we are yearly a top 10 program in men's tennis. Not interested in tennis? I've started an NIL collective for our tennis program and we're going to throw cash money around--at young racket-holders all over the world!--and ain't nobody gonna stop us!

Posted this in the Championship thread and wanted post it here.

Yes he will, and someone who went to high school with JH and knows him well thinks so also!

I‘m currently a snowbird in Cape Coral, Florida for the winter and went to get a haircut this morning with my T cap on. Love to wear it down here just to irritate gator fans.

One of the barbers welcomed me by saying “Go Vols.” He was a high school friend of JH and said still talks to him occasionally. Had nothing but good things to say about JH and the type person that he is, and told me he believes JH will win a national championship in the future.
Also, said JH loves it at TN!!
The woman that cut my hair was actually from Crossville, TN, moved here 7 years ago and still a Vol fan.

I'd say baseball is the first one we could possibly win. Basketball, eh, Barnes is a good coach but his teams always seem to be lacking at least one thing. Football could be our next best chance besides baseball. It's probably baseball, then softball, then football and some other sport before basketball.

Reactions: volfan__18
Not for nothing, but our rugby team won the national championship in 2021.
Can they do it again?

Baseball then football, I don't think Barnes is capable of winning one.
Did you immigrate to the True Orange from Texas? You’re posting like a Steers fan of old… Fire Rick Barnes! He’ll take you to the tournament every year, but he’ll never win it.

Did you immigrate to the True Orange from Texas? You’re posting like a Steers fan of old… Fire Rick Barnes! He’ll take you to the tournament every year, but he’ll never win it.

No, never lived in TX and never been a Steelers fan. Take your meds old man, your senility is showing through.

I think it's toughest to do in baseball, but I'd still go with Vitello's Vols as the most likely. They're getting to Omaha and that gives them a real shot. Football and hoops? Not so much.

Reactions: Samthebam
Basketball on April 8, 2024, baseball in June of 24 and football in January 25. Next question.

Talent-wise, we have the best chance in Basketball but I vote for Baseball. It just seems easier to win it in Baseball. I mean Vandy won 2 Natties in Baseball so that sums it up.

Basketball really comes down to a lot of luck (how well your team is hitting 3 pointers and whether your opponent is hitting them or not).

We still seem to have some work to go in Football. I would probably like our chances in Football more if it wasn't for Georgia and Kirby Smart being in the way.

Basketball on April 8, 2024, baseball in June of 24 and football in January 25. Next question.

I like your optimism. That would be the perfect year.

Has any school won all three in the same year?

VN Store

Back