Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?…..yoga?…..lift weights? What’s your workout plan?

Big work today. My second of three 20 mile runs this cycle.

The program was 3 miles easy, 14 miles at goal marathon pace, and 3 miles easy. I tried to simulate everything I could to mimic the race. That included my outfit, shoes, hydration, temperature and elevation profile.

Went really damn well. Pace was spot on, actually about 10 seconds per mile faster than goal pace for the 14 mile portion.

I’m ready to bust my butt the next two weeks, get even stronger and faster, then start the taper.

IMG_3129.jpeg

Stats from the 14 mile marathon pace period:
IMG_3125.jpegIMG_3128.jpeg

Big work today. My second of three 20 mile runs this cycle.

The program was 3 miles easy, 14 miles at goal marathon pace, and 3 miles easy. I tried to simulate everything I could to mimic the race. That included my outfit, shoes, hydration, temperature and elevation profile.

Went really damn well. Pace was spot on, actually about 10 seconds per mile faster than goal pace for the 14 mile portion.

I’m ready to bust my butt the next two weeks, get even stronger and faster, then start the taper.

View attachment 685956

Stats from the 14 mile marathon pace period:
View attachment 685957View attachment 685958
Let’s go!!

Reactions: Nerd-Vol
I’m running the Chicago marathon in the morning as a St Jude fundraiser. It should be an awesome experience, but it’s ultimately to raise money for a very worthy cause that’s near to so many. If you have any interest in learning about St Jude, sharing or donating please email me at tbrownvolnation @ gmail dot com

I’m running the Chicago marathon in the morning as a St Jude fundraiser. It should be an awesome experience, but it’s ultimately to raise money for a very worthy cause that’s near to so many. If you have any interest in learning about St Jude, sharing or donating please email me at tbrownvolnation @ gmail dot com
Have a great race! Enjoy yourself and gorge yourself on pizza after.

Question for you more experienced runners. How do you control your breathing? I know basically nothing but for a while now I've tried to breath in over two steps and out over two steps. Is that a decent control or am I doing it wrong?

Reactions: Orangeslice13

VN Store

Back