Dobbs didn't make it

Why waste a season when we can red shirt him and then have him for 4 more years, be nice to have a QB for 3 or 4 years, it does not matter who the QB is tomorrow that Defence is one of the best in the country and coming of that give away game MIAMI they will rip our QB head of, like 44 to 6
Dobbs is a double major in aerospace engineering and business too, so his undergrad education will likely take 5 years anyway. He's been outspoken about his commitment to his education, so it seems he's our most likely QB to stick aroun for the full 5 years regardless.

That's one reason why I wouldn't mind seeing them burn Ferguson's redshirt. I oiled see him being ready to go pro after his third season if he's as gifted as we've been hearing.

Dobbs is a double major in aerospace engineering and business too, so his undergrad education will likely take 5 years anyway. He's been outspoken about his commitment to his education, so it seems he's our most likely QB to stick aroun for the full 5 years regardless.

That's one reason why I wouldn't mind seeing them burn Ferguson's redshirt. I oiled see him being ready to go pro after his third season if he's as gifted as we've been hearing.

Oiled? Gettin a little kinky/weird up in here.

Reactions: 4 people
Hate to break it to you, but he is the 4th string at this point in time of the season.

Why else would they take 3 QBs and leave him. I know it's hard, but think logically.

RF may get left the next road trip. They take 3 qbs with them. Only 70 scholarship players are allowed to travel. Its his turn. Nothing more. Sorry to burst your bubble. Most likely we won't see a fr at qb until later in the year. Talk to me then. Worley is starting with Peterman backing up.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe Dobbs also opens Fall baseball practice this weekend...since he didn't travel he can get in a few practices with his baseball guys

You didn't see the several " Dobbs is not the answer" and " You only like Dobbs because he is Black " threads? They were full of bad spelling and thinly veiled racism. I saw no anti RF threads. Only anti Dobbs. Like three or four long ones when it was announced BJ opened up the qb competition.

Dude we have had a series of great black quarterbacks and we have had a series of great white quarterbacks. 99.9 per cent of all Vol fans just want the best option inserted and have the greatest respect for those that aren't starting. Fans naturally have their favorites and have a tendency to root against those competing against their favorites. I think what you are seeing is expected blowback from some who thought it was premature to assign Josh Dobbs the starting quarterback position before he hit town.

Perfect quarterback for this offense - I can think of two former Vols - who would be perfect - one white, one black - both gifted - wish we could see what Condridge or Heath would do running this offense.

Maybe Dobbs will become the next Holloway and maybe Ferguson will become the next Shuler. No one - including the coaches know at this point.

Dude we have had a series of great black quarterbacks and we have had a series of great white quarterbacks. 99.9 per cent of all Vol fans just want the best option inserted and have the greatest respect for those that aren't starting. Fans naturally have their favorites and have a tendency to root against those competing against their favorites. I think what you are seeing is expected blowback from some who thought it was premature to assign Josh Dobbs the starting quarterback position before he hit town.

Perfect quarterback for this offense - I can think of two former Vols - who would be perfect - one white, one black - both gifted - wish we could see what Condridge or Heath would do running this offense.

Maybe Dobbs will become the next Holloway and maybe Ferguson will become the next Shuler. No one - including the coaches know at this point.

I agree with you to an extent. But you have to admit there were only anti Dobbs threads. No one that thought JD is better started a RF thread even though the RF backers are the most zealous group on here. And if its only because they were mad that some appointed him the best before playing, why is it okay to do the same to RF? Its not like the anti Dobbs posters are Worley/Peterman supporters. They are all RF guys. Also when you start a thread and say straight up that people only backed him due to skin color I believe race is a factor. Especially with the comments in the threads.

Reactions: 2 people
wow this has to be killing all the dobbs homo love fest posters.. thats all we heard all summer.. no white qb can run m throw only the genius black running true freshman can....lol

people r crazy n this shows why he is 4th string..

btw jk
:ermm:

Attachments

• 42492-chris-brown-haters-gonna-hate-wykJ.jpg
    42492-chris-brown-haters-gonna-hate-wykJ.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
You are really playing the race card on this?

I didn't start the " You only want Dobbs because he is Black" thread. I didn't write the hundreds of post saying "I know everyone only wants him because he is Black but that is it and RF is better and a gamer and winner". So no I'm not. But when anyone says anything nice about JD someone who doesn't want him to play brings up his race.

Reactions: 2 people
I really don't think its a race thing. I think it has more to do with Dobbs being crowned as the Second Coming when he committed. Everybody was talking about how he should start, how smart he was (which is 100% true) and so on. Now we see he hasnt seperated himself from the RF. Plus, look at the useless thread above this talking about for the millionth time how we missed out on Tahj Boyd. This coupled with probably around 70% of the UT players are black. Why would people care if a black person is at QB but not every other position on the field?

I agree with you to an extent. But you have to admit there were only anti Dobbs threads. No one that thought JD is better started a RF thread even though the RF backers are the most zealous group on here. And if its only because they were mad that some appointed him the best before playing, why is it okay to do the same to RF? Its not like the anti Dobbs posters are Worley/Peterman supporters. They are all RF guys. Also when you start a thread and say straight up that people only backed him due to skin color I believe race is a factor. Especially with the comments in the threads.

This is really a reach imo - you are painting with such a broad brush - there might be one or two that this actually applies to - but you have painted everyone. I heard Cory Flemmings liked Ferguson out of all the quarterbacks - are we going to include Cory in your racist camp ? Step back a little - both are great athletes and both will get their chance down the road.

Let's move on - nothing to see here. Just root for your favorite. I am neutral between the two - because I haven't seen either one play.

fergusons hs film looked better anyway imo. the only reason half the people on here want dobbs to start is because they heard how smart he was.

Black? Son of a *****. I only wanted him to start because I thought he was Puerto Rican. Oh well, does Jim Plunket have a son we can recruit?

Dobbs Haters?

Yeah where is this hate for Dobbs? He has not played a down, not been seen hanging around Western Union...the kid doesn't even eat tacos as far as we know. I have yet to see any hate for the young man.

He didn't make the trip with the team because he is using his genius and aeronautical engineering skills to build a plane, fly it to Gainesville himself, parachute out of it onto the fifty yard line in full uniform, point at Will Muschamp and say, "We gon whup yo butt!" He will then start and break every UT single game record ever set

Perfectly logical explanation

This is actually one of the more rational theories I have read on VN. I buy it!

Dobbs will transfer after he see's Riley In action! Sorry Nothing to do with Race,just Honesty.

Based off of what? Ranking? Dobbs way higher. Film? Dobbs better against way better comp. Fall scrimmage aka the only semi game situation we have seen either in? Dobbs was the best of all four. Size? Dobbs 20 lbs bigger. Speed ? Dobbs is faster. Intelligence? Dobbs wins again. Big play ability? Dobbs again. I don't think everyone who like RF is because of race. But can we please stop getting the Dobbs is only liked because he is Black comments? Some just think he has the skills to lead us. Right now every one is guessing about RF and JD. Neither has played a down of SEC football.

Based off of what? Ranking? Dobbs way higher. Film? Dobbs better against way better comp. Fall scrimmage aka the only semi game situation we have seen either in? Dobbs was the best of all four. Size? Dobbs 20 lbs bigger. Speed ? Dobbs is faster. Intelligence? Dobbs wins again. Big play ability? Dobbs again. I don't think everyone who like RF is because of race. But can we please stop getting the Dobbs is only liked because he is Black comments? Some just think he has the skills to lead us. Right now every one is guessing about RF and JD. Neither has played a down of SEC football.

But one got left behind and one didn't so he must be the worst of the 4.

VN Store

Back