Dobbs didn't make it

I hope Dobbs doesn't get hungry this weekend, what with being left behind and the cafeteria limitations and all. Maybe Foster can Western Union him some burger $$$.

Reactions: 1 person
Every media person that I've heard who has watched both at length says Ferguson is ahead of Dobbs. That doesn't mean Dobbs isn't a talented quarterback who has a bright future here, it just means Ferguson is ahead... right now.

Reactions: 1 person
You didn't see the several " Dobbs is not the answer" and " You only like Dobbs because he is Black " threads? They were full of bad spelling and thinly veiled racism. I saw no anti RF threads. Only anti Dobbs. Like three or four long ones when it was announced BJ opened up the qb competition.

Don't make fun of bad spelling, when you have bad grammar.

You sure is a Dobbs fanatic

Uh huh. Being impressed with that tape (it's impressive) and liking Dobbs and admitting I like BOTH of them sure does make me a fanatic. Yup busted me dead to rights: I admit it, officer, I like both our freshmen QBs.

His race may play a role. Butch Jones replaced an athletic black QB with a white pocket passer at Cincinnati. Butch Jones has pointed this out several times during interviews. He didn't mention race of course. I think Josh reminds him of that QB at Cincinnati and doesn't want to go down that road again. If Dobbs were white he might remind him of Johnny Manziel instead of the Cincinnati QB. His chances might have been better.

Regardless, Josh Dobbs knows he's the odd man out. Josh really wanted to make the trip to Gainesville for the great experience alone. When Butch Jones told him he wasn't going on this trip, that erased all doubt that he would transfer. That broke his heart and you could imagine the look on his face. He's smart and knows he's 4th string. He will transfer and want prove Butch wrong. He may even leave the team during the season and focus on academics for the time being.

Last edited:
His race may play a role. Butch Jones replaced an athletic black QB with a white pocket passer at Cincinnati. Butch Jones has pointed this out several times during interviews. He didn't mention race of course. I think Josh reminds him of that QB at Cincinnati and doesn't want to go down that road again. If Dobbs were white he might remind him of Johnny Manziel instead of the Cincinnati QB. His chances might have been better.

Regardless, Josh Dobbs knows he's the odd man out. Josh really wanted to make the trip to Gainesville for the great experience alone. When Butch Jones told him he wasn't going on this trip, that erased all doubt that he would transfer. That broke his heart and you could imagine the look on his face. He's smart and knows he's 4th string. He will transfer and want prove Butch wrong. He may even leave the team during the season and focus on academics for the time being.
This is ridiculous on so many levels.

lol. Of the two, Dobbs is the most logical redshirt because of his degree program which is typically a 5 year degree rather than the standard 4. There's also Fergy's anciness to consider. He's not been happy on the sideline whereas Dobbs has been involved with the other QBs. Fergy, OTOH, is off to himself. If I had to go with my instincts Fergy is the one most likely to transfer if Dobbs were to play over him. It has nothing to do with their skill at this moment as we just don't know how either will perform in a game but Fergy's restlessness is pretty clear. The fact that his dad gave a radio interview also makes it clear. He wants a shot right now.

I don't think he'll get it this game unless Worley and Peterman fall to pieces again. But if he does, I seriously doubt Dobbs will transfer.

maybe Ferguson doesn't want to be around losers ? :eek:lol:

VN Store

Back