Don't Mix Business and Politics

Private business owner turns over private security footage of politician/customer to news outlet, that's mixing politics with business. Yeah, Pelosi's a hypocrite, but the owner sent that video to the media to embarass a politician.
Or to follow the rules.

Calling out hypocrisy doesnt require, or even imply, political reasoning.

The left wants it to be a political attack because it lessens the matter. The right want it to be political because it shows grass routes fight back against their political enemy. Shows the flaws in the politics of their enemy.

Now it could be political in nature. But nothing presented says it was or even shifts all reasonable thought to think its political. Has she said it's a political matter vs just being tired of hypocrisy?

I doubt she had a bunch of republican politicians, who supported lock downs, coming into her shut down business to get their hair did. That would similarly show a political slant if she wasnt calling them out.

She attacked a politician who was using her business (against the rules) but still using her business. She tried to hurt her politically. Never a good look to take sides let alone trash somebody who was a paying customer.
Take sides? She, hair dresser, was following the standard of no hair cuts. Pelosi inserted herself into the matter, dont bring that bait bs back. This a hypocrisy matter not a political matter.

As I said in the post above you want it to be political because it lessens the loss. The Rs want it to be political because it strengthens the win. But the facts support none of those arguments.

Political attack should have included some follow up, where was the black mail, or some pressure to change the politics. The lady presented the truth. Pelosi is a hypocrite, something widely accepted beyond this specific event. Yet, for some reason this one case of hypocrisy is political?

And really, no private business should ever uphold the standards set upon them in order to avoid hurting a politician? That's some grade a authoritarian bs, rules for thee not for me.

Reactions: AM64
...And the owner found out what happens when you send video of your customers to cable news channels.
She was being held hostage. Business shut down, except to serve the ones who shut her down. Anyone would have pushed back.

What should she have done? On the greater societal good front she was breaking Covid protocol and dooming grandmas everywhere. On a business side she was shut down, desperate. On a political side she should have just eaten the hypocrisy to not avoid someone elses scandal?

No wonder our politicians are a different class. The plebs fight for different standards for our overlords.

Take sides? She, hair dresser, was following the standard of no hair cuts. Pelosi inserted herself into the matter, dont bring that bait bs back. This a hypocrisy matter not a political matter.

As I said in the post above you want it to be political because it lessens the loss. The Rs want it to be political because it strengthens the win. But the facts support none of those arguments.

Political attack should have included some follow up, where was the black mail, or some pressure to change the politics. The lady presented the truth. Pelosi is a hypocrite, something widely accepted beyond this specific event. Yet, for some reason this one case of hypocrisy is political?

And really, no private business should ever uphold the standards set upon them in order to avoid hurting a politician? That's some grade a authoritarian bs, rules for thee not for me.

She accepted her business. She allowed her to not follow the rules. She cashed the check and then f#cked her. I don't care what side of the political spectrum you are on... not a good look. I would never spend my money with that business. It could have been Donald Trump and I would feel the same.

She was being held hostage. Business shut down, except to serve the ones who shut her down. Anyone would have pushed back.

What should she have done? On the greater societal good front she was breaking Covid protocol and dooming grandmas everywhere. On a business side she was shut down, desperate. On a political side she should have just eaten the hypocrisy to not avoid someone elses scandal?

No wonder our politicians are a different class. The plebs fight for different standards for our overlords.

Don't accept the business.

She accepted her business. She allowed her to not follow the rules. She cashed the check and then f#cked her. I don't care what side of the political spectrum you are on... not a good look. I would never spend my money with that business. It could have been Donald Trump and I would feel the same.
Lol. Bs. You have constantly called on people to spit on Trumps money. All his contractors, lawyers. Take the money and run. Talk about what Guilianni and others "should" do.

It's her business, her video, why shouldnt she show it to the press? If there had been a robbery would it have been a personal attack on the robber to show video? Again, unless you can show she put up the camera to record this one specific event the facts dont support this being political. Or at least the facts presented. It's not like Pelosi was in the process of getting a bikini wax or going over her tax forms or talking with a lawyer where there is an expectation of privacy.

Heck in normal times you can darn well bet she would be business smart to play up that she worked for Pelosi. Marketing in that area takes care of itself. Have a picture on the wall, run a web advertisement with some canned quote from Pelosi "this is my favorite hair salon on the Citadel". Shown pictures on her phone to her friends as she says "you'll never guess who I worked on today". Gossiped with other customers about how her shop is good enough to work on Pelosi so of course they should give her a try. None of that would have violated some business pledge, and all would have made the matter public.

Don't accept the business.
Why not accept the business? The lady was in a forced recession. Any work mattered.

Pelosi was the one inserting politics into the matter thinking she was different. And now both are paying the price for pelosis arrogance and hypocrisy. If the lady had kept quiet and lost her business anyway, then went public would that have been political or just calling out hypocrisy?

Lol. Bs. You have constantly called on people to spit on Trumps money. All his contractors, lawyers. Take the money and run. Talk about what Guilianni and others "should" do.

It's her business, her video, why shouldnt she show it to the press? If there had been a robbery would it have been a personal attack on the robber to show video? Again, unless you can show she put up the camera to record this one specific event the facts dont support this being political. Or at least the facts presented. It's not like Pelosi was in the process of getting a bikini wax or going over her tax forms or talking with a lawyer where there is an expectation of privacy.

Heck in normal times you can darn well bet she would be business smart to play up that she worked for Pelosi. Marketing in that area takes care of itself. Have a picture on the wall, run a web advertisement with some canned quote from Pelosi "this is my favorite hair salon on the Citadel". Shown pictures on her phone to her friends as she says "you'll never guess who I worked on today". Gossiped with other customers about how her shop is good enough to work on Pelosi so of course they should give her a try. None of that would have violated some business pledge, and all would have made the matter public.

When have I "constantly called on people to spit on Trumps money. All his contractors, lawyers. Take the money and run." I have no idea what you are talking about.

I have said that Guilianni ruined his reputation, which was sterling until this stuff with Trump, but he's defended Trump right into his professional grave.

As for showing the video... she allowed pelosi to come into her shop. Against the rules. Allowed her not to wear a mask. Against the rules. Accepted her money. Against the rules. And then takes video to the press with the sole intention of harming her paying customer. She's just as much to blame as Pelosi and I would never give that business owner my money because she's untrustworthy.

BTW, this is way beyond my original point which was bringing politics into business is a bad idea.

Why not accept the business? The lady was in a forced recession. Any work mattered.

Pelosi was the one inserting politics into the matter thinking she was different. And now both are paying the price for pelosis arrogance and hypocrisy. If the lady had kept quiet and lost her business anyway, then went public would that have been political or just calling out hypocrisy?

She is calling out pelosi for breaking the rules when she was breaking them too. Unclean hands.

Just to be clear, the woman who released the video owns the salon, and rents a chair out to the stylist who served Nancy. She only looked at the video because the salon was supposed to be shuttered and there was activity from the camera. Had the client been anyone other than Nancy, the SFPD or BOH could have been knocking on her door for violating the lockdown.

Just to be clear, the woman who released the video owns the salon, and rents a chair out to the stylist who served Nancy. She only looked at the video because the salon was supposed to be shuttered and there was activity from the camera. Had the client been anyone other than Nancy, the SFPD or BOH could have been knocking on her door for violating the lockdown.
Correct, "The former owner said Pelosi was serviced by an independent stylist who rents chairs in her salon".

When have I "constantly called on people to spit on Trumps money. All his contractors, lawyers. Take the money and run." I have no idea what you are talking about.

I have said that Guilianni ruined his reputation, which was sterling until this stuff with Trump, but he's defended Trump right into his professional grave.

As for showing the video... she allowed pelosi to come into her shop. Against the rules. Allowed her not to wear a mask. Against the rules. Accepted her money. Against the rules. And then takes video to the press with the sole intention of harming her paying customer. She's just as much to blame as Pelosi and I would never give that business owner my money because she's untrustworthy.

BTW, this is way beyond my original point which was bringing politics into business is a bad idea.
To the last I agree with the principle, I just dont see it in application here.

Dont take her money? She is supposed to work for free? When she hasnt had a paying job in months? Why, to defend Pelosi?

Force her to wear a mask? How? She's a member of Congress in her home district, clearly playing by different rules. If pelosi refused to wear a mask, mask or no pelosi was breaking the rules, would the hair dresser been right to go to the media? This argument smacks of politics in and of itself.

Refused business? Why? Pelosi insisted contact. Pelosi was a hypocrite. Nothing political about that. Pelosi initiated the hypocrisy. Pelosi knew the rules on masking and being indoors, and chose to break them.

The job was a small little carrot after months of the stick. Anyone, regardless of politics, would have taken it. At least if they wanted to stay in business.

I love how you argue the hairdresser held all the power and should face the blame of this. Pelosi had destroyed the hairdressers business. Pelosi faced a little media backlash. It's clear who the victim is, and it's not the one that frequents DC.

Correct, "The former owner said Pelosi was serviced by an independent stylist who rents chairs in her salon".

So, just to be clear. The business owner decided to screw over a customer for political reasons.

So, she turned in the tenant for breaking the law? Or did she simply send the video to FOX in order to screw a customer? She is a snake and I would not give her any business.

BTW, I am not in any way defending Pelosi. This was simply a really stupid business decision.

Dont take her money? She is supposed to work for free? When she hasnt had a paying job in months? Why, to defend Pelosi?

Force her to wear a mask? How? She's a member of Congress in her home district, clearly playing by different rules. If pelosi refused to wear a mask, mask or no pelosi was breaking the rules, would the hair dresser been right to go to the media? This argument smacks of politics in and of itself.

Refused business? Why? Pelosi insisted contact. Pelosi was a hypocrite. Nothing political about that. Pelosi initiated the hypocrisy. Pelosi knew the rules on masking and being indoors, and chose to break them.

The job was a small little carrot after months of the stick. Anyone, regardless of politics, would have taken it. At least if they wanted to stay in business.

I love how you argue the hairdresser held all the power and should face the blame of this. Pelosi had destroyed the hairdressers business. Pelosi faced a little media backlash. It's clear who the victim is, and it's not the one that frequents DC.

I think from a business person's perspective I want my customers to trust me and not feel like I'm going to air their business publicly. Politics or not, I don't trust her and would not patronize a business run by her.

Hairdresser destroyed her own business.

So, just to be clear. The business owner decided to screw over a customer for political reasons.

So, she turned in the tenant for breaking the law? Or did she simply send the video to FOX in order to screw a customer? She is a snake and I would not give her any business.

BTW, I am not in any way defending Pelosi. This was simply a really stupid business decision.
To be honest, the owner seems to be a Karen, and had no original intention to specifically screw Nancy, she was probably pissed that she was losing revenue from the lockdown, sees someone whos responsible for the lockdown violating it and did the Karen thing. She probably voted for Nancy and was stated, under different circumstances would have advertised that Nancy was a client. Once Fox got the video, the owners gets some notoriety and once again, does the Karen thing to do, doubles down to get more screen time.

I think from a business person's perspective I want my customers to trust me and not feel like I'm going to air their business publicly. Politics or not, I don't trust her and would not patronize a business run by her.
Keep a hair cut and or coloring private? A hair cut is going to be public, unless Pelosi refused any interviews or tv exposure for like a month.

What it's some shock that a woman gets her hair done? Is that scandalous these days? Was there a happy ending that never should have happened?

I don't know the entire story, did the owner let Pelosi in for the appointment or did the owner find out afterwards that it was the stylist that rented space? It would make a big difference.

To be honest, the owner seems to be a Karen, and had no original intention to specifically screw Nancy, she was probably pissed that she was losing revenue from the lockdown, sees someone whos responsible for the lockdown violating it and did the Karen thing. She probably voted for Nancy and was stated, under different circumstances would have advertised that Nancy was a client. Once Fox got the video, the owners gets some notoriety and once again, does the Karen thing to do, doubles down to get more screen time.

She definitely had the intention to screw Pelosi. Maybe for all the reasons you stated, but she still set out to screw a customer for political reasons.

I don't know the entire story, did the owner let Pelosi in for the appointment or did the owner find out afterwards that it was the stylist that rented space? It would make a big difference.
Nancy's stylist who rents a chair from the owner opened the shop. Owner was alerted that there was activity in the shop from a camera, then she looked, or that's what shes stated and the Stylist hasn't refuted.

Why? She was still making money off pelosi and then screwed her.

Keep a hair cut and or coloring private? A hair cut is going to be public, unless Pelosi refused any interviews or tv exposure for like a month.

What it's some shock that a woman gets her hair done? Is that scandalous these days? Was there a happy ending that never should have happened?

This never would have been public had the business owner not decided to send the video to Fox. From a business perspective it was an incredibly stupid decision.

LOL, Pelosi was exposed for what she is, a POS and Hypocrite.

Reactions: AM64 and Wireless1

VN Store

Back