Don't Mix Business and Politics

Why? She was still making money off pelosi and then screwed her.

Not exactly. If the stylist that rents the chair opened up for Nancy in violation of the closure order without the owners knowledge I can understand why shy released the footage. She didn't set Nancy up.

Her mistake (and it still goes back to mixing business with politics) was miscalculating the blow-back. If she had no prior knowledge of the appointment I can see why she was angry enough to release it.

She definitely had the intention to screw Pelosi. Maybe for all the reasons you stated, but she still set out to screw a customer for political reasons.
I seriously doubt politics had anything to do with it, no where in any article I've seen has the owner been referenced with any political party or individual affiliation that would put her at odds with Nancy. Spiteful women are spiteful women. She was just pissed at Nancy.

Reactions: AM64
I think from a business person's perspective I want my customers to trust me and not feel like I'm going to air their business publicly. Politics or not, I don't trust her and would not patronize a business run by her.
But do you trust Pelosi?

Reactions: AM64

I'm with Larry on this one. If you're great at your job, I can overlook almost anything.

If you are bad at what you do, then there is no amount of agreement that can make me eat your food/hire you as a contractor/watch your movie etc.

If you are mediocre to begin with then go do your damn job, stay quiet, and find a way to get better today or do something else.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt politics had anything to do with it, no where in any article I've seen has the owner been referenced with any political party or individual affiliation that would put her at odds with Nancy. Spiteful women are spiteful women. She was just pissed at Nancy.

Even if it weren't her intention, what she did still had political ramifications because it related to the political world. The salon owner got involved in politics, with or without a political motive.

It's the same thing with a business mandating customers be vaxxed. They might only be doing it for the sake of public health, but some potential customers are going to treat it like politics. They need to be prepared to see a political reaction.

The owner knew Pelosi was coming the day before the event according her interview with Fox News. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pe...co-hair-salon-owner-calls-it-slap-in-the-face The business owner could have stopped it before she even got into the shop. Sounds like it was an intentional attempt to catch her and show her as a hypocrite. She didn't accidentally find out about it due to some alert, she was told. Business owner got what she wanted, fame and it came back to bite her.

Per the article:

Salon owner Erica Kious, in a phone interview with Fox News on Tuesday, shared details of Pelosi’s visit. Kious explained she has independent stylists working for her who rent chairs in her salon.

“One of the stylists who rents a chair from me contacted me Sunday night,” Kious said.

A screengrab of the text message she received from one of her stylists, and obtained by Fox News, said: “I’ll be there at 2:45 tomorrow. Pelosi assistant just messaged me to do her hair.”

Kious replied: “Pelosi?”

“I was like, are you kidding me right now? Do I let this happen? What do I do?” Kious told Fox News, while noting that she "can’t control” what her stylists do if they rent chairs from her, as “they’re not paying” at this time.

Reactions: Wireless1
The owner knew Pelosi was coming the day before the event according her interview with Fox News. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pe...co-hair-salon-owner-calls-it-slap-in-the-face The business owner could have stopped it before she even got into the shop. Sounds like it was an intentional attempt to catch her and show her as a hypocrite. She didn't accidentally find out about it due to some alert, she was told. Business owner got what she wanted, fame and it came back to bite her.

Per the article:

Salon owner Erica Kious, in a phone interview with Fox News on Tuesday, shared details of Pelosi’s visit. Kious explained she has independent stylists working for her who rent chairs in her salon.

“One of the stylists who rents a chair from me contacted me Sunday night,” Kious said.

A screengrab of the text message she received from one of her stylists, and obtained by Fox News, said: “I’ll be there at 2:45 tomorrow. Pelosi assistant just messaged me to do her hair.”

“I was like, are you kidding me right now? Do I let this happen? What do I do?” Kious told Fox News, while noting that she "can’t control” what her stylists do if they rent chairs from her, as “they’re not paying” at this time.

Then she seriously ****ed up.

I don't care about Pelosi at all, just find it amusing people are defending the owner when this is clearly self-inflicted to me.

Per the article:

I stand corrected, both articles I read stated owner got an alert on her security app.

Reactions: volkyries
Keep a hair cut and or coloring private? A hair cut is going to be public, unless Pelosi refused any interviews or tv exposure for like a month.

What it's some shock that a woman gets her hair done? Is that scandalous these days? Was there a happy ending that never should have happened?

I dont care if its a hairdresser, a pest control guy, a veterinarian, or an architect, i don't think its a good business practice.

Reactions: ClearwaterVol
Why? She was still making money off pelosi and then screwed her.

This never would have been public had the business owner not decided to send the video to Fox. From a business perspective it was an incredibly stupid decision.
Never would have been public that suddenly Pelosis hair was different?

You are kidding right?

Anyone that wanted to see the difference would have. This was calling out her hypocrisy.

You keep bringing up the video but it's common practice for businesses to record who enters their shop. It's good security. Nothing their to suggest its political.

Not exactly. If the stylist that rents the chair opened up for Nancy in violation of the closure order without the owners knowledge I can understand why shy released the footage. She didn't set Nancy up.

Her mistake (and it still goes back to mixing business with politics) was miscalculating the blow-back. If she had no prior knowledge of the appointment I can see why she was angry enough to release it.

Angry decisions are stupid decisions. I often get irked and draft a very snarky piece of correspondence. I usually put it in a saved folder and look at the next day. By the next day, I typically revise the tone and send the letter.

Per the article:

So the owner didnt set this up as some hit job. Pelosi reached out and set things up herself. Owner even noted there was nothing she could reasonably do to stop it.

It's relative to consistency on your part. Do you hold Nancy to the same standards as you do the business owner?
Its not really relevant to business practices, youre just grasping at straws trying to defend this lady. No, I don't trust Pelosi.

Its not really relevant to business practices, youre just grasping at straws trying to defend this lady. No, I don't trust Pelosi.
LOL, You are constantly pointing out that I make assumptions about others, show me where I defended the lady?

VN Store

Back