Don't Sleep on Worley

I Really like Dobbs and was more than thrilled we got him, guy is an amazing talent and I truly feel he'll be something special in Orange....but I don't see how some of you people have him over starting over Worley or Peterman this season...

That being said I'm pulling for Worley this offseason, but may the best man win!

I didn't see it either. I am probably terrible at evaluating talent, but I don't know about Worley. I think he could be a poor man's Dilfer? Decent Arm, Decent accuracy, he's a potential leader, and has meh poise. I don't know about his decision making. He has 1 TD and 5 picks so far. It's not looking good.
You're basing your eye off of last year and a spring practice. So much for development lets just judge last yearand be done with it.

From my perspective, touch is an area where Worley is severely lacking. In short playing time, and in the O&W game, I've seen him throwing balls in the dirt and throwing short, difficult-to-catch lasers. He stares down receivers and hangs on to the ball too long. JMO people, but I'll say it again, I think this is Matt Simms 2.0.
Lets see he was in a new scheme in under a month and stared down a receiver and threw a couple ducks. That's not supposed to happen dammit.

I disagree completely. Everyone who hates on Worley base their opinions on being thrown into hostile games against top 10 teams and defenses as a true freshman....a true freshman who thought he wouldn't see the field that year no less. Those same people will not give him credit for his game against MTSU as a freshman, or the fact that he looked better than Bray last year against Vandy. Let's talk about the South Carolina game, again top 10, Worley's freshman year. We had a chance to win that game, with Worley at QB. But because we couldn't run the ball AT ALL, they had Worley in shotgun from the 2. The 2! Whats the toughest area on the field to pass in? The red zone. Why? Because all those players are smashed into a much smaller area. So lets have our true freshman go shotgun against a great defense from the TWO. He throws an int, which people like to point out how many he has but they dont want to think about the poor boy's situations. And anybody that bases opinions on spring games just hasn't been payin attention for very many years. The spring game argument isn't even worth addressing. Particularly with new coaches and completely different system.

Sure, he's had his bad moments. Any freshman would being thrown into the fire. But I have seen glimpses of a really good QB. Not the other way around.
Dude why are trying to talk common sense to people who have their minds made up. You're wasting key strokes. They don't see the detail of your argument they see W-L. That's it, anything else makes too much sense. Their brains explode.

You're basing your eye off of last year and a spring practice. So much for development lets just judge last yearand be done with it.

As of right now, that's all I can base my objective judgement on. I don't have a crystal ball, and I have no business in predicting his development. I'm not saying he isn't or can't develop. I don't have the crystal ball, so were looking at retrospective college experience. After 2 years, high school doesn't matter. Peterman, Dobbs, and Ferguson are all going to develop while Worley is so its irrelevant.

Last edited:
Dude why are trying to talk common sense to people who have their minds made up. You're wasting key strokes. They don't see the detail of your argument they see W-L. That's it, anything else makes too much sense. Their brains explode.

All I see 1 TD, 5 picks, and Worley had less than 300 yards against MTSU with only one touchdown. Mediocre can do that. I understand why people like Worley. I just hope Peterman will overtake Worley, or we will see press coverage all year.

Wow, let's give him a chance before giving up on him. So, if we use your logic, all Sophomores and above will NOT be worth a damn because they were recruited and coached by Dooley. Unbelievable. :loco:

The guy you're responding to is actually being sarcastic as he's a Dooley fanatic beyond reasonable comprehension.

Reactions: 1 person
All I see 1 TD, 5 picks, and Worley had less than 300 yards against MTSU with only one touchdown. Mediocre can do that. I understand why people like Worley. I just hope Peterman will overtake Worley, or we will see press coverage all year.

I got news for you - we are going to see press coverage all year regardless. Until our WR's show they can shed a defender they will continue to press us at the line.

I got news for you - we are going to see press coverage all year regardless. Until our WR's show they can shed a defender they will continue to press us at the line.

If Worley can't throw a deep ball that won't be underthrown, it'll be a scary season. I compare Worley to Christian Ponder without some of the intangibles and the injuries. Talent hid his crappy arm.

If Worley can't throw a deep ball that won't be underthrown, it'll be a scary season. I compare Worley to Christian Ponder without some of the intangibles and the injuries. Talent hid his crappy arm.

I'm not ready to write Worley off just yet. he deserves the chance to take the job. I am of the mind set that we haven't seen enough of him to make a fair judgement and in the games he played in we were not a balanced enough team to support him.

Whoever it ends up being better hope that Croom and North become impact players from Austin Peay forward. If those guys can contribute aka Meachem/Swain 2006 - them we have a strong chance to compete. With out them and no matter how good our oline is it will be tough. sledding.

Let me see if I understand you. You are downing Worley because he didn't throw for 300 yards against MTSU as a true freshman. He only completed 69.7% of his passes for 291 yards. Have you looked at MTSU's stats for 2011? Worley was one of only 3 QB's out of 12 that passed for over 230 yards against MTSU that year.

MTSU gave up an average of 211.6 yards a game passing. The only 2 teams that threw for more yards against MTSU were Troy and Ark. State( coached by Hugh Freeze). Perhaps you saw what Troy did to the Tn defense . Mediocre wasn't able to throw for over 230 yards against MTSU in 9 of their other 11 games that year.

Reactions: 3 people

Just because somebody doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean they lack common sense. My mind is not "made up" either. My opinion is simply an educated guess based on what I've seen from Worley. Your opinion that he will be a good QB is no more valid than mine, it's just different. At the end of the day we are all just offering opinions. I can't definitively say Worley WON'T be a decent QB, but MY common sense leads me to believe that's probably the case.

Just got through watching the Sr. highlights of Worley, Dobbs, and Ferguson.

Couple of points...

Both Worley and Dobbs have wheels to get away from defenders despite being pocket passers.

Both Worley and Ferguson look good throwing on the run.

Ferguson has AMAZING hands. I saw him take more than one awful snap (I mean snaps worse than we saw when Stone switched from being a left handed to right handed). Most NFL QB's would've missed these snaps yet he recovered and made throws as though nothing ever happened.

Dobbs seems only slightly quicker than Worley but it's hard to judge.

Worley seems to have a better arm all around -- both in power and mechanics.

Ferguson is the most raw but there's a lot of potential.

I saw Dobbs actually step into the pocket -- he's fearless.

Dobbs is an outstanding passer much like Worley.

All around we have a good crew and I think Jones and Co. will develop them.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not ready to write Worley off just yet. he deserves the chance to take the job. I am of the mind set that we haven't seen enough of him to make a fair judgement and in the games he played in we were not a balanced enough team to support him.

Whoever it ends up being better hope that Croom and North become impact players from Austin Peay forward. If those guys can contribute aka Meachem/Swain 2006 - them we have a strong chance to compete. With out them and no matter how good our oline is it will be tough. sledding.

I want him to earn the job. I'll back who ever wins the job. I want Butch to see the development before he picks. My opinion really doesn't matter at all to anyone.

Let me see if I understand you. You are downing Worley because he didn't throw for 300 yards against MTSU as a true freshman. He only completed 69.7% of his passes for 291 yards. Have you looked at MTSU's stats for 2011? Worley was one of only 3 QB's out of 12 that passed for over 230 yards against MTSU that year.

MTSU gave up an average of 211.6 yards a game passing. The only 2 teams that threw for more yards against MTSU were Troy and Ark. State( coached by Hugh Freeze). Perhaps you saw what Troy did to the Tn defense . Mediocre wasn't able to throw for over 230 yards against MTSU in 9 of their other 11 games that year.

Were an SEC team, and I bet many of those other teams aren't. Remember what Bray did to Cincy? That was good quarterbacking.

Were an SEC team, and I bet many of those other teams aren't. Remember what Bray did to Cincy? That was good quarterbacking.
Absolutely, it was. Unfortunately, I also remember what Bray did against Kentucky in 2011 and Vandy in 2012. That was pathetic quarterbacking.

Reactions: 1 person
Absolutely, it was. Unfortunately, I also remember what Bray did against Kentucky in 2011 and Vandy in 2012. That was pathetic quarterbacking.

It was absolutely terrible. Imagine if you played for an idiot. I know how Tyler feels about that. If I'm wrong about Worley. I'll be glad to eat my crow.

One game that he won and he's written off.

It was absolutely terrible. Imagine if you played for an idiot. I know how Tyler feels about that. If I'm wrong about Worley. I'll be glad to eat my crow.
Bray played for the same guy in the games that he played well. I don't know if Worley is the guy or not. Just give him, or anyone else, a legitimate chance, before you criticize them.

Just because somebody doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean they lack common sense. My mind is not "made up" either. My opinion is simply an educated guess based on what I've seen from Worley. Your opinion that he will be a good QB is no more valid than mine, it's just different. At the end of the day we are all just offering opinions. I can't definitively say Worley WON'T be a decent QB, but MY common sense leads me to believe that's probably the case.
I don't care if you disagree. Its your right. My opinion is,some of you making the case against Worley due to a spring game and him being thrown to the wolves lacks common sense. Its my opinion and I stand by that. I probably wont get two likes for that but oh well I'll be ok.

One game that he won and he's written off.

It's not only one game. It was watching vandy this year and the spring game. He might improve, but I'm sticking by my evaluation. I don't see it yet. If I'm wrong, ill eat my crow in peace.

It's not only one game. It was watching vandy this year and the spring game. He might improve, but I'm sticking by my evaluation. I don't see it yet. If I'm wrong, ill eat my crow in peace.
Against Vandy, he was 8 of 11 with one interception, which was Patterson's fault. He had a perfect strike for a TD hit Hunter in the face mask when he didn't raise his hands. For gosh sake, Bray was 11 of 29 with 2 int's in the same game. What more do you want out of Worley? With a little help from his receivers on 2 plays, he would have been almost perfect. You must fixate on the one bad play, which was the int. that wasn't his fault.

Bray played for the same guy in the games that he played well. I don't know if Worley is the guy or not. Just give him, or anyone else, a legitimate chance, before you criticize them.

Very true on Bray. I doubt Worley because of the spring game this year. I don't see the arm strength. He was throwing balls short. don't see much accuracy as he will need. None of the starting QB's earned a chance yet. Were in an all out QB battle. It's possible that we can see Riley! I doubt it will though. I'm not giving him a chance until Butch puts him in against AP. The winner will earn that chance. That means he won the battle, but must fight the war.
All I'm saying is if I had money, I'd bet Peterman will win the battle.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back