DucksflyinPAC Answer[ed] Questions And/Or Refute[d] Ridiculous Claims

no recruit says they go to Oregon because of their tradition

are we counting hardware or not?
That was partly a joke. But actually it is very much true. To us older guys, sure, I agree. But to kids,,,,,,,,16, 17, 18 year olds? Dude, they have never not been alive when Oregon has not been great. Put yourself in these kids shoes: when they were in junior high or all of highschool, all they ever knew and saw was Oregon going to BCS Bowl year after year. (4 straight). So we actually get recruits on field trips to Eugene and they actually do say that. And us older guys(or coaches) kind of chuckle when they say "I love Oregon's long tradition" LOL,,,,,,remember, kids think differently then we do. Plus, that's all they really know:)

That was partly a joke. But actually it is very much true. To us older guys, sure, I agree. But to kids,,,,,,,,16, 17, 18 year olds? Dude, they have never not been alive when Oregon has not been great. Put yourself in these kids shoes: when they were in junior high or all of highschool, all they ever knew and saw was Oregon going to BCS Bowl year after year. (4 straight). So we actually get recruits on field trips to Eugene and they actually do say that. And us older guys(or coaches) kind of chuckle when they say "I love Oregon's long tradition" LOL,,,,,,remember, kids think differently then we do. Plus, that's all they really know:)

Your an "older guy". For "realz"?

Reactions: 5 people
I actually really liked Coach Butch's mini press speech at the end.... Esp, "It takes discipline to go on the road, playing a tremendous opponent, a great opponent in a hostile environment..." Yes it does coach. And we will see this Saturday if you have that discipline. For not only do we come at you with great misdirection and that takes mighty discipline to not be fooled. But our fans are literally a few feet away from your players. They will hear it from our fans taunting them and it will seem like the whole Stadium too is right on top of your guys driving them crazy. And your players ears will ring for many hours after the game. But the fans right behind your sidelines are so close to talk to you- you hearing every such word when we are on Offense, whisper quiet in the stadium. Basically, it will be hell for your players. Our fans will drive them crazy, the noise. And our super tiny, super crappy visitors locker-room, and the painful long plane-ride back home. Your fans flying in will have fun, for at least they get to tailgate with cool Ducks. However, it will be hell on earth for your players. Their ears will still be hurting badly when they arrive back in Knoxville. Autzen Stadium a visiting players single worse nightmare! Down in the pit of hell...I feel bad for what your players are going to go through...If you only knew...

We are used to playing in extremely loud places...Gainesville and Athens and Baton rouge now and then and our own place get pretty loud...We are used to hostile environments...That part won't play into how the game plays out in autzen I assure you.

I think most Ducks(if you went to ours various sites) would probably say total blowout, something like 55-7 or something. However I actually think it's going to be a lot closer and you will score more points. Myself- 42-24. I think your running game gets going, esp up the middle on us and you score quite a few. However you will not be able to stop our O. But, at least you do not allow 50 or 60 or 70 on ya like most of the other teams...

That's a very fair score prediction actually. I have it going 45-20 myself. Oregon winning of course.

no recruit says they go to Oregon because of their tradition

are we counting hardware or not?
One more thing: Actually we get recruits saying they want to come to Oregon because of our long winning tradition(in their eyes and said by their voice). But ya, also the uni's. They love them. I started following UO when I was a small boy in the early 1980's. I remember when we sucked, had no O, and were only known for our D. And we would not fraze it that way. But truly, kids(like Cali kids) think that we have had this long winning tradition forever. If we have been really good since 1994, (super good since Chip Kelly) and they are only 16 or 17. That is all they have ever know, to their knowledge, that Oregon smokes everyone, Oregon is hot, and to them, we are the bling bling. And granted, you are on the East Coast, but out on the West Coast, we are by far the IT program. Heck, it's gone global. For a friend said that in half of Hungry everyone is Duck fans there. I guess they get our games there or something...Thus, you have to admit. When you have a flashy Offense, and have won more games then any other CFB program in the last 3 years. The flash and the bling bling tends to draw peoples attention, esp kids...

Autzen is not Death Valley aka tiger stadium. Ever been to a game there? The crowds get so loud it registers on the Richter scale. Most of the guys on this team have played there, Tuscaloosa and Ben hill griffin all of which are more hostile. Worleys first start was on the road against Alabama.

Reactions: 1 person
Autzen is not Death Valley aka tiger stadium. Ever been to a game there? The crowds get so loud it registers on the Richter scale. Most of the guys on this team have played there, Tuscaloosa and Ben hill griffin all of which are more hostile. Worleys first start was on the road against Alabama.
I have never been to LSU @ TS. That is at the top of my bucket list along with your stadium(i love singing rocky top along with your games when you play cause I love the song). But i have to correct you on something. I have many southern friends, and yes, LSU likes to boast about that earthquake game, ie causing a earthquake. But the fact is, the fan noise did not cause it at all. Nope, it was the bouncing up and down in the seats/moving of the stadium. For earthquakes scientifically are caused by vibrations or movement, not by pure sound. But I know LSU fans like to spin it that way... And btw, Udub(washington) has had many of those too, many. And also true their stadium was known to move and sway much too. The problem with why UO probably will never have one is because our stadium is newer-will not move and also because we do not have a science building right near the stadium to measure it, like LSU and Udub have...

Very classy.
Hey CALLMEADUCK guy: Could you do one alteration to your profile for me so they do not think you are me. Cause when they see your future posts they will think you are me. Perhaps go into your profile and add the blazers or such , or seahawks also as one of your teams, just to break up the difference between us for those not paying attention to our user names on the left- and our profiles look the same ect....

-Thanks

btw, i actually thought you were me, cause I made all those posts in a row, and yours was in the middle. And then I thought, wait, I never commented that here. I did several pages ago already.... and it ended up being a new guy. See my point?

hearing that fight song of oregon so many times would make me rip mariota's head off.i would take his helmet and display it in my trophy case.

Hey CALLMEADUCK guy: Could you do one alteration to your profile for me so they do not think you are me. Cause when they see your future posts they will think you are me. Perhaps go into your profile and add the blazers or such , or seahawks also as one of your teams, just to break up the difference between us for those not paying attention to our user names on the left- and our profiles look the same ect....

-Thanks

you may be under the impression us Southern boys are a bit slow but I can assure you we's got smarts enough to tell the difference between posters.

Reactions: 5 people
Well, I have never ever seen another band play our fight song, not ever, not in a video of their practice, nothing. First time and it was awesome. I was grinning the whole time thinking how awefull lucky those vol players were to hear such a wonderful song! :)

Thats because you play in the Pac 12

Didn't know Oregon had a fight song....just thought they played clips from Cheech and Chong movies after every score.

Tennessee football practice on Sept. 10, 2013 - YouTube
Actual Knoxnews video of Tennessee practicing getting ready to play Oregon. Skip to :25 where the exciting part begins...And then also at 1:08 where Coach Butch yells to his team over and over, "It's Coming my fellows, It's C-o-m-i-n-g!" And then at 1:27 where the beat really picks up-back to the good stuff- the best part of this video.

Man. What a nice guy. In our Stadium we play our fight song after every time we score. And we usually score in less then 2 mins each time. So for Coach Butch to keep his players from having a heart attack from the great shock of what is about to come upon them, and what sound they will hear every 2 mins, I am really impressed. What a nice guy preventing heart attacks of his team and tipping them off so his players do not go into shock this Saturday. That my friends is a VERY wise coach! Good coaches prevent heart attacks!

"It's Coming, It's Coming"- 9-9-13 Butch Jones. Yes Sir, yes it will! :)

(Just playing with you guys. Actually this is the very first time I have EVER seen a video of another team playing our fight song for a practice before. Yes I know all teams do it. I just have never seen it before. Really cool! :dance2:)

So what did y'all do last year against Stanford?

One more thing: Actually we get recruits saying they want to come to Oregon because of our long winning tradition(in their eyes and said by their voice). But ya, also the uni's. They love them. I started following UO when I was a small boy in the early 1980's. I remember when we sucked, had no O, and were only known for our D. And we would not fraze it that way. But truly, kids(like Cali kids) think that we have had this long winning tradition forever. If we have been really good since 1994, (super good since Chip Kelly) and they are only 16 or 17. That is all they have ever know, to their knowledge, that Oregon smokes everyone, Oregon is hot, and to them, we are the bling bling. And granted, you are on the East Coast, but out on the West Coast, we are by far the IT program. Heck, it's gone global. For a friend said that in half of Hungry everyone is Duck fans there. I guess they get our games there or something...Thus, you have to admit. When you have a flashy Offense, and have won more games then any other CFB program in the last 3 years. The flash and the bling bling tends to draw peoples attention, esp kids...
Sorry to disagree with you but USC is and always has been the "IT" program on the west coast...11 national titles and a storied history and after they get rid of that parasite of a head coach they will most likely return to the football factory they have always been...But hey look at it this way, You got some wild uniforms :thumbsup:

hearing that fight song of oregon so many times would make me rip mariota's head off.i would take his helmet and display it in my trophy case.
You know what? I actually agree with you. I have watched both of those practice vids several times, but in the second one(wednesdays one) those freaking Duck Quacks Jones played over the speakers. Man, I am the biggest Duck fan in the world, but for some reason, even to me they bug me greatly. if I was a Tenn player(the fight songs would not bother me personally) I would tell Butch to either turn that crap off, or I am going to brake a window there at the compound, his choice. For hearing those Quack sounds, thousands of them just makes a guy want to shoot something or break something. lol

you may be under the impression us Southern boys are a bit slow but I can assure you we's got smarts enough to tell the difference between posters.
Buddy, while not a southerner, I am Southern Baptist. I know all about your people quite well my whole life. I also have been to the deep south more times then I can count, was even stationed at Fort Knox while in the Army(even though not really the south- deep south per say, but still).

One thing I do know that Southern people are common at doing is assuming things, trying to read into anothers mind and just guessing on their intent or motive, ie presuming things. If you read the very bottom of that post that you quoted from- but did not quote- you will see my words and intent. And if you go back a page on this thread and then look all those posts created by me, one will just see the simple Green "O" and perhaps think they were all of me, while that other new Duck has the same exact simple profile image. As I wrote, when I read that other Ducks post, I myself thought it was mine, for I myself did not clearly looked at the name to the left. It had even me fooled for a sec, until I realized I never made that comment then.

I have TONS of friends from the south, all over. But one thing that gets on me is Southern people just assuming things, all things, like because I am on liberal West coast that I am a hippie, liberal, and all other West Coast Stereotypes when I actually am the exact opposite. You can relate, cause many West Coast people wrongly assume all Southern People are inbred. lol Thus, i guess both of us can relate to being sensitive about people assuming things, which in my case and your assumption, was never the case.

Buddy, while not a southerner, I am Southern Baptist. I know all about your people quite well my whole life. I also have been to the deep south more times then I can count, was even stationed at Fort Knox while in the Army(even though not really the south- deep south per say, but still).

One thing I do know that Southern people are common at doing is assuming things, trying to read into anothers mind and just guessing on their intent or motive, ie presuming things. If you read the very bottom of that post that you quoted from- but did not quote- you will see my words and intent. And if you go back a page on this thread and then look all those posts created by me, one will just see the simple Green "O" and perhaps think they were all of me, while that other new Duck has the same exact simple profile image. As I wrote, when I read that other Ducks post, I myself thought it was mine, for I myself did not clearly looked at the name to the left. It had even me fooled for a sec, until I realized I never made that comment then.

I have TONS of friends from the south, all over. But one thing that gets on me is Southern people just assuming things, all things, like because I am on liberal West coast that I am a hippie, liberal, and all other West Coast Stereotypes when I actually am the exact opposite. You can relate, cause many West Coast people wrongly assume all Southern People are inbred. lol Thus, i guess both of us can relate to being sensitive about people assuming things, which in my case and your assumption, was never the case.

Seems you're making assumptions also.

Perhaps you should let our mods mod our board. jmo

ducksfly,
Your hubris is cute. Come Saturday I hope I am dining on duck a l'orange and you are dining on crow. :hi:

Dude, it's 20 years, not 10. (1994- to present to be exact). And Nike was founded by our legendary U of Oregon Track Coach(who also coached the U.S. Olympic Team. He was making homemade shoes on his waffle maker. Phil Knight was a track boy. After UO, went to Stanford for MBA, came back, decided to join his old track coach in a business. NIKE- the rest is history. And Phil Knight attended games and always was close with Oregon. He hardly, or any Nike people as they were all Oregonians, did not ever not have a clue about Oregon at any time...

Nike pays factory workers slave wages so their shoes could be a helluva lot cheaper. :yes: :sad:

Seems you're making assumptions also.

Perhaps you should let our mods mod our board. jmo
Not at all trying to mod. Just don't like it when people assume things is all...and it seems the guy didn't as well and incorrectly was unable to read my post correctly and get my meaning. When a guy assumes things about ya, or puts words/meaning in your mouth, that is forum correction 101, not trying to mod.

VN Store

Back