EA College Football, 2024 (PS5/XSX)

Game is extremely underwhelming imo. Still feels dated. Even my wife said it looks old lol. Commentary was awful. Of course they can't pronounce Nico's last name. Our offensive playbook is pretty limited.

Camera view/gameplay is awkward. Kicking is hard. Gonna take some getting used to. Started on Heisman and quickly had to adjust. I know they didn't want it ti feel like a Madden reskin, but some things shouldn't have been messed with.

Barley beat UF 32-31 and they ironically almost beat me on last play Hail Mary.

James Pearce is a best

Not sure I agree on all of your points, but it definitely needs some balancing. The gap between Heisman and the next highest setting is massive. Couldn’t do anything in Heisman, turned it down, and I was scoring at will.

Little bit of jank in the animations, graphics are not all the way there yet. But the gameplay is smooth and the depth of managing plays on both sides of the ball is impressive.

I am enjoying dynasty early, they did put a lot of thought into the entire recruiting landscape and the options are plentiful to build your team.

Just glad to be back playing NCAA football. Overall, I’m pleased.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14 and SDV
Game is extremely underwhelming imo. Still feels dated. Even my wife said it looks old lol. Commentary was awful. Of course they can't pronounce Nico's last name. Our offensive playbook is pretty limited.

Camera view/gameplay is awkward. Kicking is hard. Gonna take some getting used to. Started on Heisman and quickly had to adjust. I know they didn't want it ti feel like a Madden reskin, but some things shouldn't have been messed with.

Barley beat UF 32-31 and they ironically almost beat me on last play Hail Mary.

James Pearce is a best

Played my friend online twice against Miami won 28-14 and 35-28 at Miami Pearce, Sampson, white and Mike Mathew’s are beast

Reactions: RockyTop140
The game is okay. They can’t pronounce Nico’s name and the commentary can hardly be heard. I had to turn everything else down to hear it.

Also I’m not sure if I miss this rule change or something but when you miss a field goal from the 5 yard line it puts the opponent on the 20 instead of the 5 yard line. Is that a new rule? Dumb one if so.

Not sure I agree on all of your points, but it definitely needs some balancing. The gap between Heisman and the next highest setting is massive. Couldn’t do anything in Heisman, turned it down, and I was scoring at will.

Little bit of jank in the animations, graphics are not all the way there yet. But the gameplay is smooth and the depth of managing plays on both sides of the ball is impressive.

I am enjoying dynasty early, they did put a lot of thought into the entire recruiting landscape and the options are plentiful to build your team.

Just glad to be back playing NCAA football. Overall, I’m pleased.
I’ve read where Heisman is really hard. Thats where I’m going to start bc that’s where I’ve always played.

Now If these kids would just go to bed at 6:30 like they’re supposed to I might be able the damn thing . Haha

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
Full disclosure, I am pretty bad at the game.

That being said, am I missing some sort of obvious trick to guarantee that I switch to the defender closest to the ball? Sometimes I have to press the button two or three times, occasionally the first press gets the job done.

Full disclosure, I am pretty bad at the game.

That being said, am I missing some sort of obvious trick to guarantee that I switch to the defender closest to the ball? Sometimes I have to press the button two or three times, occasionally the first press gets the job done.

Try pointing the analog stick toward that player then press ⭕

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Is anyone getting a run around on the Xbox version trying to sign into the EA Servers. It sent me to link to reset my password, I did that but when I try to sign back in it just goes in a loop of saying I need to reset my password

I'm on the career mode where you coach. I'm still figuring out the controls and the ins and outs. I guess after 11 years anyone is going to be a little rusty,and I haven't played Madden in over 10 years. Ah,that's part of the fun is figuring it out. I can tell I'm going to be hooked once I do.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Try pointing the analog stick toward that player then press ⭕

Thanks! This seems to work better, maybe even 100% although I find it difficult to make the split-second determination of who I am now versus who I want to be (skill issue, I know) and can't figure out if it's better to just let the computer handle defense if in question.

The game is fun, though there are a lot of weird quirks that I would have assumed EA would patch out "day one" but maybe they're waiting until Friday.

Reactions: Pennheel

VN Store

Back