EA College Football, 2024 (PS5/XSX)

Anyone playing ultimate team? Trying to get the coin up for Pearce. Nico is only like a 68 as of now. Squirrel is the only active UT player on my roster right now.

They have a good bit of UT players so far, but the only ones I'm seeing at 80 or above is Ross, Seldon, Lampley, Omari Thomas, Mays, Brazzell, McCoy, White, and Pearce.

Can't believe they chit on Nico so bad this early, but I'm sure he'll get a bump eventually.
When you start ultimate team all starter players are 68-69 you upgrade your team threw packs and new cards

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Was looking to create a custom defensive playbook using 4-2-5 base D but there are no 4-2-5 defensive plays in that base D playbook.

Recruiting is busted in online dynasty, the points don’t reset each week smh
If you're talking about the hours each week they aren't supposed to.

The amount of time you allocate on each prospect stays allocated to them week over week unless you go in and edit the hours spent on them , you take the prospect off the board, or they commit to you / elsewhere.

If you're talking about the hours each week they aren't supposed to.

The amount of time you allocate on each prospect stays allocated to them week over week unless you go in and edit the hours spent on them , you take the prospect off the board, or they commit to you / elsewhere.
ok I thought they refreshed each week thanks for the info

I much prefer the old recruiting to this one, but maybe I’m just old and have a harder time learning new things

The CPU purposely tanks your recruiting. I won the national title, set up my recruiting list with top prospects who were all choosing me top 3, if not 1st. I even spend some points to force the issue.

After I skip to preseason (because I have a job and need to sleep), I find out that the CPU has removed most of the targets and has replaced them with mostly 3 stars who aren’t interested.

I don’t have time for this ****. You don’t even get the generic feedback from recruits. It all comes across as completely random.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
The CPU purposely tanks your recruiting. I won the national title, set up my recruiting list with top prospects who were all choosing me top 3, if not 1st. I even spend some points to force the issue.

After I skip to preseason (because I have a job and need to sleep), I find out that the CPU has removed most of the targets and has replaced them with mostly 3 stars who aren’t interested.

I don’t have time for this ****. You don’t even get the generic feedback from recruits. It all comes across as completely random.

That's my biggest knock so far. Recruiting is just a random dice roll by all appearances. There's no feedback, no adjustments to your pitch, just checking random boxes to see if they line up as you "recruit" the player. By the time you can see all of the things important to a recruit, you've either gotten lucky and they like you or you are so far behind the other teams it's not worth messing with any further.

Stats are wonky too. Sorting by "National" to see the entire NCAA stats for defensive players showed no UT players even though I had two players at the top of a couple defensive categories.

I was having a great season rolling 8-2 into the final game against Vanderbilt and Vandy proceeded to hit every single pass, their RB went off, and the final score was 38-27 Commodores no matter what I did to counter. My other two losses were to Oklahoma and Alabama. Nail biter to Oklahoma and a thrashing by the Tide - and then get to the Vandy game and watch them dismantle the Vols. I almost quit lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: adam.vol
I saw that too. Played Oklahoma early this morning on my offline dynasty and got absolutely destroyed. Threw 6 interceptions! I will say I think interceptions are too common, may have to play with sliders. Granted, most of the ones I throw are my fault, but I’m getting too many myself. Boo Carter being controlled by the cpu made one of the craziest interceptions I’ve ever seen during a game. Sim Gaming Network will have realism sliders out in a few weeks though too I’m sure, I’ll give those a shot.

All-American is what I'm playing with some slight adjustments to INT and Pass Accuracy by the QB. I've found small increments work best in tuning sliders. I am of the opinion that INT % is set far too high for both the CPU and the player, so I started playing around with the sliders until I found a good sweet spot.

When messing with sliders, if you are going for realism or something a little better than what the default settings are offering, move them around in increments of 2 or 3 until you get what you are looking for. I started moving in 5's and 10's and things went haywire - either everything was a pick or nothing was. Nico was nailing every 80 yard pass on the nose or completely over/under throwing, etc. The other sliders seem pretty good at that difficulty, but that's just my take on it.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Haven’t played yet but very disappointed to hear the recruiting is bad. Is that online dynasty or offline? Or is it the same for both.

I probably won’t play in an online dynasty.

Cant get it until Friday but i watched a buddy of mine play it some. There are some baffling omissions regarding some of the stadium intros. Like for USC, why doesn't it show "Traveler" ride in on the white horse before he plants the sword at midfield? Also for Oklahoma, no Boomer Sooner wagon? Really? Also no Enter Sandman for Virginia Tech.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
All-American is what I'm playing with some slight adjustments to INT and Pass Accuracy by the QB. I've found small increments work best in tuning sliders. I am of the opinion that INT % is set far too high for both the CPU and the player, so I started playing around with the sliders until I found a good sweet spot.

When messing with sliders, if you are going for realism or something a little better than what the default settings are offering, move them around in increments of 2 or 3 until you get what you are looking for. I started moving in 5's and 10's and things went haywire - either everything was a pick or nothing was. Nico was nailing every 80 yard pass on the nose or completely over/under throwing, etc. The other sliders seem pretty good at that difficulty, but that's just my take on it.
What did you change your INT sliders too if you don’t mind me asking? That’s the one area that seems to be way off for me still.

I pulled the #19 class after going 9-4 in year 1 with SMU. I found the recruiting to be fine tbh. Transfer portal was kinda weak though.

I pulled the #19 class after going 9-4 in year 1 with SMU. I found the recruiting to be fine tbh. Transfer portal was kinda weak though.
Yeah, I’m surprised with the amount of dislike on recruiting. Feels good for me. I had a rough first year with the Vols 7-5 but pulled in the 10th ranked class. 1 5 star, 13 4 stars and 7 3 stars. That feels pretty accurate to a real class. My only complaints are the higher occasional rated players not getting offers and I wish there was a way to see something like “scheme fit”

What did you change your INT sliders too if you don’t mind me asking? That’s the one area that seems to be way off for me still.

I'll check when I get home today, I took the default settings at All-American and moved up and down, so not exactly sure what those values are without being in front of them. The only two I ultimately messed with was INT and Passer Accuracy, fwiw. INT was down, Passer Accuracy was slightly up (maybe 3-6 total movement).

Yeah, I’m surprised with the amount of dislike on recruiting. Feels good for me. I had a rough first year with the Vols 7-5 but pulled in the 10th ranked class. 1 5 star, 13 4 stars and 7 3 stars. That feels pretty accurate to a real class. My only complaints are the higher occasional rated players not getting offers and I wish there was a way to see something like “scheme fit”

Please tell me if you don’t have time for this, but I’d like to learn some more about what’s important in getting recruits to sign, vs keeping them interested until I run out of time to give.

What is your approach to obtaining a top 10 class?

Where do you start in the first few weeks?

Do you worry about the team’s needs or focus primarily on the class ranking?

VN Store

Back