EA College Football, 2024 (PS5/XSX)

A buddy of mine got it early and showed me a few of the intros. How in hell did they not include Oklahoma's "Boomer Sooner" wagon??? Id be pissed if I was an Oklahoma fan. Also I see EA didn't pay to use Enter Sandman for Virginia Tech, lol. Tennessee's intro is sick!! So is FSU's!

I’m just playing exhibition on Heisman and I am a turnover machine. I’m having a really tough time w/ the passing game so far.

I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling against the AI. I'm on All American mode. Maybe I need to check out the exhibition mode before jumping in to any other modes.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Played a couple online games. Tennessee defense is bad. Tennessee O-line is really bad especially run blocking. In every bio every player is from Alabama.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
All-American setting is my sweet spot so far. Still throwing too many picks, making Nico look bad lol. Started a Vol Dynasty though, switched FCS Southeast out for MTSU, won that but was closer than it should have been. Completely destroyed NC State, Squirrel had like 200 yards receiving and 2 TD. Kent State about got me though lol down 21-20 at half, won 29-21. I like recruiting now, still seeing a few too many 4 stars and a couple 5s not being targeted by anyone right now. Just trying to avoid them for realism sake, they’ve already said a patch will be coming for that. Certainly not getting every one of my targets, which also trying to be realistic there and spread time out for a full class and not just like 17 super highly rated players.

I just finished my first dynasty game won 88-10 and the server crashed when I went back to the menu have to play the game again smh

I’m loving the game I think it’s fantastic. So far I’m on my second season rebuilding Charlotte. Went 7-6 year 1, finished with a recruiting class in the 70s but landed a big time portal QB and I’m starting year 2 4-0 on All American difficulty. Still can’t recruit with the big boys, which I shouldn’t be able to. I’m gonna recruit for depth and recruit over them once my program prestige goes up

I beat Nebraska in Double OT on Heisman after throwing 5 picks . I did have a Squirrel White Punt return for a TD, a pick 6 and 108 yard pick 6 in double OT to win the game. I think had like 35 points. Haha. I can’t do anything very well on offense.

Can somebody give me a simple primer on how to play defense? I don't know if it's play calling, which guy to control, etc, but I am terrible. I only had time for a quick exhibition game last night, but I only got to Candy's QB once and he had a 90% completion rate and 4 TDs.

Played a couple online games. Tennessee defense is bad. Tennessee O-line is really bad especially run blocking. In every bio every player is from Alabama.
Can somebody give me a simple primer on how to play defense? I don't know if it's play calling, which guy to control, etc, but I am terrible. I only had time for a quick exhibition game last night, but I only got to Candy's QB once and he had a 90% completion rate and 4 TDs.
I think defense is just insanely hard in general. It's the way the game is programmed.

All-American setting is my sweet spot so far. Still throwing too many picks, making Nico look bad lol. Started a Vol Dynasty though, switched FCS Southeast out for MTSU, won that but was closer than it should have been. Completely destroyed NC State, Squirrel had like 200 yards receiving and 2 TD. Kent State about got me though lol down 21-20 at half, won 29-21. I like recruiting now, still seeing a few too many 4 stars and a couple 5s not being targeted by anyone right now. Just trying to avoid them for realism sake, they’ve already said a patch will be coming for that. Certainly not getting every one of my targets, which also trying to be realistic there and spread time out for a full class and not just like 17 super highly rated players.
Something I read yesterday...... All American is the same as All Madden. Heisman apparently is some insane god tier level.

If playing as UT, just control Pierce. It's pretty easy to get to the QB. Use the right stick to do swim moves and spins. I usually only play as DL or LB. As LB just play the zones and try to get a pick. Don't think hardly anyone user controls CBs, I'll user control a safety if I'm selling out for the run though.

If playing as UT, just control Pierce. It's pretty easy to get to the QB. Use the right stick to do swim moves and spins. I usually only play as DL or LB. As LB just play the zones and try to get a pick. Don't think hardly anyone user controls CBs, I'll user control a safety if I'm selling out for the run though.
I’ve gotten to the QB w/ Pierce quite a bit. Forced a strip sack one time. There are so are many new options pre-snap it’s taking some time to get used to. I’ve tried playing some man w/ cover 1 or 2 deep safeties, but the most success I’ve had is playing Cover 3 matchup.

Something I read yesterday...... All American is the same as All Madden. Heisman apparently is some insane god tier level.
It’s ridiculously hard. I can barely complete a little hitch route to a tight end sitting down in zone coverage. I need Lance Heard to go ahead and sign on the dotted line so our oline wont get Nico killed.

Last edited:
I played 6 games online. 4/6 were close. I blew it out Florida though 42-14. Pearce is a monster. I disagree about the offensive line. Our offense feels amazing. Nico has 97 arm strength which is delightful. I really need to learn the pre snap audibles on defense. My biggest issue is the pursuit angles

I saw that too. Played Oklahoma early this morning on my offline dynasty and got absolutely destroyed. Threw 6 interceptions! I will say I think interceptions are too common, may have to play with sliders. Granted, most of the ones I throw are my fault, but I’m getting too many myself. Boo Carter being controlled by the cpu made one of the craziest interceptions I’ve ever seen during a game. Sim Gaming Network will have realism sliders out in a few weeks though too I’m sure, I’ll give those a shot.

I’ve gotten to the QB w/ Pierce quite a bit. Forced a strip sack one time. There are so are many new options pre-snap it’s taking some time to get used to. I’ve tried playing some man w/ cover 1 or 2 deep safeties, but the most success I’ve had is playing Cover 3 matchup.
Yea zone works better than man and cover 3 works good, teams that like to throw a lot I use cover 9 because I was getting burnt in cover 3 switched to cover 9 and they didn’t score again

Last edited:
Yea some works better than man and cover 3 works good, teams that like to throw a lot I use cover 9 because I was getting burnt in cover 3 switched to cover 9 and they didn’t score again
For some reason They had our base D as a 3-4. I switched over to 4-2-5 and I’ve always hated playing a 4-2-5 in games before, but I’m giving it a shot.

Reactions: HighRockvol
Anyone playing ultimate team? Trying to get the coin up for Pearce. Nico is only like a 68 as of now. Squirrel is the only active UT player on my roster right now.

They have a good bit of UT players so far, but the only ones I'm seeing at 80 or above is Ross, Seldon, Lampley, Omari Thomas, Mays, Brazzell, McCoy, White, and Pearce.

Can't believe they chit on Nico so bad this early, but I'm sure he'll get a bump eventually.

VN Store

Back