EA College Football, 2024 (PS5/XSX)

Yeah, I’m surprised with the amount of dislike on recruiting. Feels good for me. I had a rough first year with the Vols 7-5 but pulled in the 10th ranked class. 1 5 star, 13 4 stars and 7 3 stars. That feels pretty accurate to a real class. My only complaints are the higher occasional rated players not getting offers and I wish there was a way to see something like “scheme fit”
I saw some higher rated players with no offers around week 4. Went after I think 6 of them. Only ended up signing 2 because around week 7-8 the big dogs started coming in and jumped me quickly. Kinda like that late UGA offer some kids get in real life after being ignored. It's not perfect, but it's solid so far.

Please tell me if you don’t have time for this, but I’d like to learn some more about what’s important in getting recruits to sign, vs keeping them interested until I run out of time to give.

What is your approach to obtaining a top 10 class?

Where do you start in the first few weeks?

Do you worry about the team’s needs or focus primarily on the class ranking?
I focus towards team needs, unless I have a position that might not be listed as “need” but is weak. Also keep in mind I did my first dynasty with TN and the generic coach. Starting at a small school with less recruiting points changes things.

I focus on quantity not just quality, I signed 29 total by the end of my first class. With that said you can’t simply focus on only 5 and 4 stars to recruit a full size class. There aren’t enough points to bring in that many top recruits imo. I also utilize the recommended tab heavily. Pipelines are huge.

Once I fill out my board, I try to find my top 3 targets. They get a minimum “send the house” right off the bat. If you wanna land a few highly ranked guys you have to be aggressive early with them. On my second season and I’m in a good spot for 2 5 stars right now, only got 1 my first season. The rest of the targets get spread kind of evenly until I use my points.

After the first week or two I remove anyone I’m way behind on especially like 4 star guys who I may have contributed more points to, to free up points. Once schedule a visit becomes available for my targets I may have to move points around to make room for that but I make sure to get a visit scheduled. Try to leave room or make room later on to at least do a soft pitch. I leap frogged teams 2 or 3 times when was in second or third for a recruit using a soft pitch. Especially late in the season.

Reactions: adam.vol
I focus towards team needs, unless I have a position that might not be listed as “need” but is weak. Also keep in mind I did my first dynasty with TN and the generic coach. Starting at a small school with less recruiting points changes things.

I focus on quantity not just quality, I signed 29 total by the end of my first class. With that said you can’t simply focus on only 5 and 4 stars to recruit a full size class. There aren’t enough points to bring in that many top recruits imo. I also utilize the recommended tab heavily. Pipelines are huge.

Once I fill out my board, I try to find my top 3 targets. They get a minimum “send the house” right off the bat. If you wanna land a few highly ranked guys you have to be aggressive early with them. On my second season and I’m in a good spot for 2 5 stars right now, only got 1 my first season. The rest of the targets get spread kind of evenly until I use my points.

After the first week or two I remove anyone I’m way behind on especially like 4 star guys who I may have contributed more points to, to free up points. Once schedule a visit becomes available for my targets I may have to move points around to make room for that but I make sure to get a visit scheduled. Try to leave room or make room later on to at least do a soft pitch. I leap frogged teams 2 or 3 times when was in second or third for a recruit using a soft pitch. Especially late in the season.

I am sure that I believed the points were a one off and not reoccurring. That’s a huge part of what I was doing wrong. That makes so much more sense to remove guys who are losing interest, now that you have explained it.

I was wondering why I didn’t have enough points to sell or flip prospects when I appeared to have some available. Thank you. I feel like I can try to get somewhere with it now by not shooting for the moon each class. I will recommend to anyone to avoid using the CPU until we have a better understanding of how it works.

Reactions: Creeker
I am sure that I believed the points were a one off and not reoccurring. That’s a huge part of what I was doing wrong. That makes so much more sense to remove guys who are losing interest, now that you have explained it.

I was wondering why I didn’t have enough points to sell or flip prospects when I appeared to have some available. Thank you. I feel like I can try to get somewhere with it now by not shooting for the moon each class. I will recommend to anyone to avoid using the CPU until we have a better understanding of how it works.
You can also change the points you have allocated to a recruit. Just go over whatever it is you have allocated to and hold (triangle on ps5) and it will remove that individual allocation.

Reactions: adam.vol
Started a dynasty with Charlotte a 1 star program. Year 1 we went 7-6, signed like the 77th ranked recruiting class. Actually signed the #1 QB and he’s awesome but 18 of my 25 signees were 1 stars. Just filling out depth truthfully. 2nd season I had a top 25 class, third a top 10 class but 2 of my 3 5 stars in that class are like 72 overall as freshman and I expected higher tbh

Started a dynasty with Charlotte a 1 star program. Year 1 we went 7-6, signed like the 77th ranked recruiting class. Actually signed the #1 QB and he’s awesome but 18 of my 25 signees were 1 stars. Just filling out depth truthfully. 2nd season I had a top 25 class, third a top 10 class but 2 of my 3 5 stars in that class are like 72 overall as freshman and I expected higher tbh
I started one with liberty on all american difficulty played my first game beat penn state 41-37

FB_IMG_1721246253602.jpg

I'm in my first year coaching App St. in offline Dynasty. I'm off to a slow start. Only 3-0 so far. With App St. being a solid program,recruiting is a little easier,and you're not competing with major programs. I've been tinkering with it more than playing the actual games. I'm on All-American as Head Coach and finding it a little challenging as I usually went with the offensive coordinator route in the older games.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Cant get it until Friday but i watched a buddy of mine play it some. There are some baffling omissions regarding some of the stadium intros. Like for USC, why doesn't it show "Traveler" ride in on the white horse before he plants the sword at midfield? Also for Oklahoma, no Boomer Sooner wagon? Really? Also no Enter Sandman for Virginia Tech.
I doubt Metallica wanted to give up the rights to use it on the cheap

Can’t even get in my online dynasty

I'd say that it will be a while before you can get on. The fresh car smell of the game will wear off in a week or so and the servers won't be so overwhelmed. I've dealt with it in other games. It's just a waiting game.

Cant get it until Friday but i watched a buddy of mine play it some. There are some baffling omissions regarding some of the stadium intros. Like for USC, why doesn't it show "Traveler" ride in on the white horse before he plants the sword at midfield? Also for Oklahoma, no Boomer Sooner wagon? Really? Also no Enter Sandman for Virginia Tech.

It's bizarre given the emphasis on pregame theatrics. EA solicited feedback from schools regarding traditions/details that should be included, so there's always the scapegoat to say "well, the reason team X isn't doing this in the third quarter is because the school didn't care enough to include it" (though I disagree), but some things (Tennessee's Give My All sign, Traveler, et cetera) seem like very obvious inclusions even if some media staffer at UT or USC forgot to write it down (which I don't believe would even be the case).

Did you really expect EA Sports to kick royalty payments to Metallica?

It's bizarre given the emphasis on pregame theatrics. EA solicited feedback from schools regarding traditions/details that should be included, so there's always the scapegoat to say "well, the reason team X isn't doing this in the third quarter is because the school didn't care enough to include it" (though I disagree), but some things (Tennessee's Give My All sign, Traveler, et cetera) seem like very obvious inclusions even if some media staffer at UT or USC forgot to write it down (which I don't believe would even be the case).
Yeah I forgot to mention them omitting Tennessee slapping the "I will Give My All..." sign while exiting the locker room. Hell if I had my way it would also show the team recipting the Maxims before they take the field! But even still, that's nowhere near as glaring an omission as Boomer Sooner! How, EA?? Just...how?!?!?

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Small cosmetic things that I wish were a little different. The ability to control the temperature outside during exhibition games.Im a big weather nerd, so I’ve always liked stuff like that. Dynamic lighting. I’d like to see the lighting change during a 3:30 or 6 pm kickoff. I also don’t need “Sandstorm” playing in Neyland Stadium. Ever. Those are just some very small, inconsequential things that I noticed .

Started my Dynasty as OC with MTSU. Barely beat an FSC at home in game one, then beat #5 Ole Miss on the road in game 2. lol

Reactions: ATC_VOL
It's not, its fantastic

Do you feel like you’re trying to make a sale to a person? I don’t. It’s just a puzzle that needs to be solved to break the game.

Last night, I tried replicating Creeker’s recipe (post #1,277) and I had immediate success, getting five 4-star players and a couple gem 3-stars to verbally commit just upon scholarship offer in week 1. Getting 7 of the 35 recruit spots filled freed up a ton of points to win other recruiting battles. I’m still having trouble getting a 5 star to keep me at number one as it narrows down.

I have not figured out when the sales pitches become available. I feel like I’m clicking around so much between menus is why I miss some things. It would be nice if a split screen option was available to compare recruiting needs vs recruiting board. I’ll quit before I start typing a spread sheet over a video game again.

Last edited:
Reactions: DooleyOrangePants

VN Store

Back