EA College Football, 2024 (PS5/XSX)

The option is still there and has been on by intention.

What I want is for the CPU to leave the points I have allocated alone and spend any extra points as players commit and more points become available. There should be a lock function on the recruiting to keep the CPU from meddling.
Yeah, it's never worked that way.

So it has never worked in conjunction with the user. It’s always CPU vs user, but EA doesn’t have the foresight to lock the user out from making moves while CPU is active.. Great.

Sounds like a very well made game.
Nope. Even back on 14 when it was a thing it was either or. The CPU would change the board, order recruits how they wanted, put random amount on guys you never wanted.
I mean honestly recruiting takes 10 minutes(or at least used to). Is it really that big of a deal to change points yourself?

Nope. Even back on 14 when it was a thing it was either or. The CPU would change the board, order recruits how they wanted, put random amount on guys you never wanted.
I mean honestly recruiting takes 10 minutes(or at least used to). Is it really that big of a deal to change points yourself?

10 minutes 😂

It’s a lot more involved than it was in the 2010’s. They punish you terribly if you make a poor sales pitch. No redemption or correction - you just can’t contact that recruit anymore.

It takes maximum influence to sign the 5 stars. I have found that scouting is a waste of points (on top talent), but you want to use as many points finding out what they’re interested in, week 1. Once you have all of that figured out, scroll through overview each week to see who has narrowed it to top 5 schools so that you can schedule visits and pick sales pitches. Removed the exploratory points that you spend each week so that you can hard sale the 3 things that the recruit cares about. Add sway or soft sales to that as points allow and you might have a chance at beating out Oregon or Clemson in a couple weeks.

Monitor the “Open”, “Top 8”, “Top 5”, “Top 3”, and “Committed” for 35 recruits, each week, so that you can time the recruit’s commitment date, because there isn’t enough recruiting time to balance between more than 10 (ballpark estimate) signings at once. That’s what I have found to be the requirement to sign a top 10 class. You will not get all of these recruits and some will flip without notice so you have to go back to square 1 of finding new guys.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
I'm on Dynasty for App St. and just finished playing. Despite throwing 5 picks,I was somehow able to beat South Alabama 38-34. I've learned to run the ball a little more in this game. It's fun,but a learning process.
I’ve been having pretty good success w/ the Speed option. If time up the pitch well your Rb Can go for some chunk plays.

10 minutes 😂

It’s a lot more involved than it was in the 2010’s. They punish you terribly if you make a poor sales pitch. No redemption or correction - you just can’t contact that recruit anymore.

It takes maximum influence to sign the 5 stars. I have found that scouting is a waste of points (on top talent), but you want to use as many points finding out what they’re interested in, week 1. Once you have all of that figured out, scroll through overview each week to see who has narrowed it to top 5 schools so that you can schedule visits and pick sales pitches. Removed the exploratory points that you spend each week so that you can hard sale the 3 things that the recruit cares about. Add sway or soft sales to that as points allow and you might have a chance at beating out Oregon or Clemson in a couple weeks.

Monitor the “Open”, “Top 8”, “Top 5”, “Top 3”, and “Committed” for 35 recruits, each week, so that you can time the recruit’s commitment date, because there isn’t enough recruiting time to balance between more than 10 (ballpark estimate) signings at once. That’s what I have found to be the requirement to sign a top 10 class. You will not get all of these recruits and some will flip without notice so you have to go back to square 1 of finding new guys.
I mean, I'm all for it if it's more in depth.

I mean, I'm all for it if it's more in depth.

I enjoy it a lot. Just wish the CPU was a little more reliable for times when I have a stacked program. It should take more than 3 years for the CPU to run it into the ground.

If you find my observation to be terribly inefficient when you get into the weeds of this game, please help me out. I’m still learning, but at least I found a method that works.

I enjoy it a lot. Just wish the CPU was a little more reliable for times when I have a stacked program. It should take more than 3 years for the CPU to run it into the ground.

If you find my observation to be terribly inefficient when you get into the weeds of this game, please help me out. I’m still learning, but at least I found a method that works.
It might be awhile before I touched dynasty..... I just hadn't realized how much they added to recruiting.

Dynasty servers have been off and on since early release. Basically unplayable during peak times. Ultimate Team (pay to win) has never failed to load. Coincidence?

Reactions: LouderVol
Am I the only noob playing on Varsity difficulty?

I'd like to have fun while I get my bearings, lol. I'm really rusty.

Did the same thing. I’ve played four games on varsity and won them all by 40+. Granted, I’ve not played an elite team on varsity, but nonetheless, the next game I play will be on All American difficulty.

Im Kent state and the Vols thrashed me 49-10 lol. I now keep getting a bug where the game locks up after super siming unfortunately. I’m only playing offense as an OC atm but super sim is breaking the game. They also need to put more realistic siming in the game. Too many upsets I’m talking like multiple FCS teams beating ranked SEC teams throughout a season crazy.

Last edited:
So the first thing I did was exact vengeance on Georgia State and it was a bloodbath. But I've noticed there is no regular season you can play to get to the NC? I havent messed with the game too much though so maybe I missed it.

Is it harder to play than you remembered or have I just fell off and need to step my game up?
It’s harder . I started at Heisman and couldn’t do anything, I moved to All American figured out a couple of things and moved back to Heisman. It’s still very hard . The throwing windows are much smaller on Heisman. I have zero confidence throwing a curl vs Heisman, and that’s w/ Nico w/ an elite arm

The ea dynasty servers are the worst servers I have played on in my life, constantly down especially online dynasty and team builder dynasty

Really praying they fix the mess of sim stat logic, poll logic and CFP logic. It's an absolute immersion killer in Dynasty right now. Way too many upsets and the polls are too heavily favored either certain teams. Alabama was 0-3 to start the year and was still ranked. Also seen another occasion where Alabama was 6-6 and in the CFP. There's absolutely no way either of those happen IRL. I know it's a game but come on!

I'm absolutely digging the on field gameplay though. It's the best we've seen in a college football game IMO. I have almost dialed in a set of sliders on Heisman that is giving me outstanding results.

Anyone else have problems at first with the hot stick? I always hit down on madden when I did a big hit, and on here if you hit down your player dives straight to the ground.took me a good few games to get use to not doing although I still do it time to time I feel like that needs to be fixed…

I have to get used to this. I haven’t played a football game since Xbox 360 days. They offer too much in this game, IMO. I get trying to do what basically ends up being a football sim as realistic as you can get this game, but it is too much for me. Sliders and play styles, a billion audible options, the list goes on. So much goes on pre play I can’t counter it before the play clock runs out. I would have almost preferred arcade style play with better graphics.

Reactions: Pennheel

VN Store

Back