EA sports has Tennessee as a 2nd tier program

Any game that has Iowa, Utah and Oklahoma State in any top group shouldn’t be took seriously. Enough said!!

They’re not wrong if you look back over the last 20 years. But if we look forward 5 years (and taking into account the CJH years to this point) I believe we could jump up into Tier 1.

EA Sports is paying colleges for CFB25 based on a tier system using AP Poll finishes from the past 10 years
1f440.svg
Tier 1: $99,875.16 Tier 2: $59,925.09 Tier 3: $39,950.06 Tier 4: $9,987.52.​

GOXZxb2XEAEacTo
Ok St is a freaking joke

Lol at Clemson? They were winning titles while we were losing to Georgia State and Candy.
Yeah, that was a head scratching comment. In the last 10 years (again, that being the metric used), Clemson has won 2 national championships, been runner-up 2 other times, made the 4 team playoff 6 times and amassed a 119-20 record. That's like saying "lol" that we were Tier 1 between 1992 and 2001 (we were 100-23 in that span).

The games have never been that good anyway. I remember a lot of solid objects passing through a lot of other solid objects. :rolleyes:

EA Sports is paying colleges for CFB25 based on a tier system using AP Poll finishes from the past 10 years
1f440.svg
Tier 1: $99,875.16 Tier 2: $59,925.09 Tier 3: $39,950.06 Tier 4: $9,987.52.​

GOXZxb2XEAEacTo
I mean looking at the last 15 years as a Vol, that isn't that far fetched

EA is kinda living in the past going back 10 years. But frankly I could care less.GBO

Last edited:
EA is kinda living in the past going back 10 years. But frankly I could care less.GBO

It still doesn't even make that much sense. How is Iowa ahead of Wisconsin? Oklahoma State a tier 1?

USC, FSU, Texas, Washington, and Tennessee tier 2s?

Also Purdue is a tier 4 on it. I know Purdue isn't great but Tier 4 is way too low for them.

It still doesn't even make that much sense. How is Iowa ahead of Wisconsin? Oklahoma State a tier 1?

USC, FSU, Texas, Washington, and Tennessee tier 2s?

Also Purdue is a tier 4 on it. I know Purdue isn't great but Tier 4 is way too low for them.
Iowa has 6 Top 25 finishes, Wisconsin has 5

USC, FSU, and Washington have 5 Top 25 finishes; Texas and Tennessee have 4

Purdue never finished in the top 25.

Looks like Tier 1 is 6+ Top 25 finishes, Tier 2 is 4-5 finishes. (Maybe 2-5 finishes, didn't look at all of them, but UNC only has 2).

EA said it was based on Top 25 finishes, and that holds true just looking at the teams you are complaining about.

Reactions: LouderVol
Iowa has 6 Top 25 finishes, Wisconsin has 5

USC, FSU, and Washington have 5 Top 25 finishes; Texas and Tennessee have 4

Purdue never finished in the top 25.

Looks like Tier 1 is 6+ Top 25 finishes, Tier 2 is 4-5 finishes.

EA said it was based on Top 25 finishes, and that holds true just looking at the teams you are complaining about.

Wisconsin has more division titles.

I just don't think of Iowa as being a major football power. They are typically the product of a patty cake schedule. The teams that I listed are far more relevant towards getting into the Playoff and competing at a high level.

I just don't think of Iowa as being a major football power. They are typically the product of a patty cake schedule. The teams that I listed are far more relevant towards getting into the Playoff and competing at a high level.
Then make your own game and tier them the way you want. EA said what they did, and it makes perfect sense. Does Appalachian State deserve to be a Tier 2 because they have 4 conference championships in that same timeframe? The simplest thing to do is base it on Top 25 finishes, and that's what they did.

Then make your own game and tier them the way you want. EA said what they did, and it makes perfect sense. Does Appalachian State deserve to be a Tier 2 because they have 4 conference championships in that same timeframe? The simplest thing to do is base it on Top 25 finishes, and that's what they did.

Appalachian State isn't in the same division as Iowa like Wisconsin is. Wisconsin got shat on.

Texas and USC are literally TOP TEN all-time CFB programs. No one in their right mind would consider Oklahoma State to be a stronger program than either of them.

why are you talking smack about Iowa's division when its the same Division as Wisconsin? wisconsin has the same patty cake schedule. being the division title winner there is like being the tallest midget, completely pointless. Vandy would have been competitive in that division.

they gave a criteria, its based on a third party ranking, and they stuck with it instead of playing too much politics.

going off division titles the Vols would be tier 4 with zero. lots of decent/good teams would be. and you would have the winner of the Sun Belt West (or whatever it is) at a higher tier than the Vols. all because they won a meaningless division.

why are you talking smack about Iowa's division when its the same Division as Wisconsin? wisconsin has the same patty cake schedule. being the division title winner there is like being the tallest midget, completely pointless. Vandy would have been competitive in that division.

they gave a criteria, its based on a third party ranking, and they stuck with it instead of playing too much politics.

going off division titles the Vols would be tier 4 with zero. lots of decent/good teams would be. and you would have the winner of the Sun Belt West (or whatever it is) at a higher tier than the Vols. all because they won a meaningless division.

There is a HUGE difference between winning a Big X Division or SEC Divisional Title vs. Sunbelt and you know it. It is laughable that you are making that argument. Under that logic, Mount Union should be top tier.

Vandy (outside of James Franklin era) is not competitive anywhere in the Power 5.

VN Store

Back