Early Vegas Lines for the Big Games

Besides one guy thinking they will win by 17 (which is definitely not dominating) can you point to a post that says we will dominate? It will absolutely be a dog fight where either team can win.

Another example is @LittleVol 's prediction of 21 here: thread

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying, but I think your stats may be a bit off. I’m pretty certain we’ve beaten Kentucky multiple times in Lexington and they’ve had a winning record most times. We beat 9-4 Pitt at Pitt in 2022. That’s off the top of my head. With the exception of the past 3 years of Heupel, the previous 7 years and beyond have been the worst in our history, kind of like you guys prior to Stoops. We’re a very capable football team and your guy Heupel has brought us back to being relevant.

No doubt that Pitt victory was a good win, but I meant away victories of more than 17 points against a P5 team with a winning record. The Pitt and Kentucky victories don't meet those conditions (the conditions that Tennessee will face against Oklahoma).

I don't accept your conditions. We don't talk about the last 10 years, for good reason. Don't go bringing that up. Anything involving Dooley, Jones or Pruitt ... I could get banned just for saying their names.

Seriously, though, you go to an opposing fans' site, see a bunch of reasonable discourse, but there is a homer pick. At their own site. Who could have predicted that?

So ... I assume Iowa by 35-0 won't count because of neutral site, what about 40-13 @ LSU 2022 (10-4 record, SEC runnerup)

Last edited:
Reactions: barrylee
No doubt that Pitt victory was a good win, but I meant away victories of more than 17 points against a P5 team with a winning record. The Pitt and Kentucky victories don't meet those conditions (the conditions that Tennessee will face against Oklahoma).
Only that one person thinks we might go into Norman and win like that. I definitely think we can win, but I don’t expect that large of a margin . I think it comes down to your o line being able to block our front 4. Of we can consistently get pressure I like our chances.

UGA in Athens is a tall order. Not insurmountable but we will likely need some help.

Georgia has gotten VERY lucky in terms of injuries the last few years.

Even when their expected Star QB didn't pan out they were able to pivot to Bennett with no ill effects.

Sooner or later the laws of probability are gonna catch up with the Dawgs and a key player is gonna go down.

I don't accept your conditions. We don't talk about the last 10 years, for good reason. Don't go bringing that up. Anything involving Dooley, Jones or Pruitt ... I could get banned just for saying their names.

Seriously, though, you go to an opposing fans' site, see a bunch of reasonable discourse, but there is a homer pick. At their own site. Who could have predicted that?

So ... I assume Iowa by 35-0 won't count because of neutral site, what about 40-13 @ LSU 2022 (10-4 record, SEC runnerup)

@Concept, these are good points. Maybe my reading of the situation is off and most Vol fans do expect a close game. And even if most Vols expect to dominate Oklahoma in Norman -- what's the harm. We'll play the game anyway. August should be a time of unbridled expectations for all college football fanbases!

Good luck to the Vols in every game except the one in Norman. :)

The line for the UGA game seems pretty high. I know they've manhandled us for the most part lately but I'd expect it to be closer to -13. The question is have we improved enough along the line of scrimmage. I think we have much better depth and star power on the defensive line than previous years for sure and the offensive line is a veteran unit that hopefully won't experience any catastrophic injuries. I'm hopeful that we'll be competitive in that game.
They'd have covered 20 six out of the last seven years.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
Georgia has gotten VERY lucky in terms of injuries the last few years.

Even when their expected Star QB didn't pan out they were able to pivot to Bennett with no ill effects.

Sooner or later the laws of probability are gonna catch up with the Dawgs and a key player is gonna go down.
It's called depth, when they've had injuries you haven't noticed because somebody just as good came in behind them. Their OL is going to be really good this year. I'll be interested to see how their DL is though, they are thinner on interior guys than usual and last year they weren't as good at stopping the run as they were in their title years.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
It's called depth, when they've had injuries you haven't noticed because somebody just as good came in behind them. Their OL is going to be really good this year. I'll be interested to see how their DL is though, they are thinner on interior guys than usual and last year they weren't as good at stopping the run as they were in their title years.

Can't argue with you there, but sooner or later it will catch up with you. No matter how much talent you have on your team.

Even looking at UT we have been impacted by injuries 3 years in a row which have impacted the team and on field results.

Eventually the law of averages tends to even itself out.

Reactions: SpookyAction
If he can zoom focus on some WRs and TEs like he is this sweet eye candy in the article,
We Will be Good.
AA1mmMgS.img

My Prediction 10-2 only loss for sure is GA but finally we play them 4 quarter's. Not sure on Oak or Bama both will be close games 4 points either way but I love our LOS this year and I believe Nico is Bryce Young only 5" taller. Their styles are similar. So 10-2 but 11-1 is on the table. In CHRIST Alone

Those lines for NC St and UK are embarrassing

Kentucky got them a QB and they have some talent at key positions, Dline and Oline projected to be very good. Linebackers among the best and WR's VG. But at Fla, then Home to Aub then @UT will be a tough stretch. If Tennessee is rolling by then that 9 could turn into 15.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The line for the UGA game seems pretty high. I know they've manhandled us for the most part lately but I'd expect it to be closer to -13. The question is have we improved enough along the line of scrimmage. I think we have much better depth and star power on the defensive line than previous years for sure and the offensive line is a veteran unit that hopefully won't experience any catastrophic injuries. I'm hopeful that we'll be competitive in that game.

Going to be at Harrahs Lake Tahoe for the game. Can't wait to watch on the really big screen. Think I would take the +20 right now.

OU's defense has been swiss cheese the last several years, but somehow they seem to play one of their best games against us. If we bring our A game, and they bring theirs I think we're the better team. I give them 3 points for being at home.

OU's defense has been Swiss cheese the last several years, but somehow they seem to play one of their best games against us. If we bring our A game, and they bring theirs I think we're the better team. I give them 3 points for being at home.
Venables is going to fix that, he knows defense, they'll get better on that side of the ball the longer he is there. Trying to convert a Lincoln Riley defense into an adequate unit is like Trying to detox a drunk/drug addicts, it takes a bit of time, because they were pretty far gone. I think it's basically a toss up or slight edge to them like you said, due to it being a home game.

Venables is going to fix that, he knows defense, they'll get better on that side of the ball the longer he is there. Trying to convert a Lincoln Riley defense into an adequate unit is like Trying to detox a drunk/drug addicts, it takes a bit of time, because they were pretty far gone. I think it's basically a toss up or slight edge to them like you said, due to it being a home game.
Isn't OU starting 5 new O lineman? Surely that's a advantage for us.

Our D line should feast on that

Reactions: FBtime

VN Store

Back