Electric Vehicles

And is .75cents a gallon more.

But if anyone thought the environment was important, here’s a product that doesn’t require infrastructure change. Doesn’t cause climate change by their scientific standard. Doesn’t require raping the planet to mine materials (with slave labor). Materials that there are not enough of. (I laugh every time one of the EV dumbcucks talks about running out of oil) and is renewable.

It’s almost like those pushing this garbage don’t actually want answers

It‘s a way to funnel taxpayer money to special friends and family, that’s all it is.

BMW urges 83 customers in the US and Puerto Rico to stop driving its iX M60 and i4 EVs - costing between $53k and - $105k - because their Samsung-made Batteries Can Catch Fire

BMW is recalling a total of 83 iX M60 and i4s electric vehicles due to irregularities in the Samsung-made batteries that could catch fire. Owners have been asked to stop driving the cars and park them outside.

The iX M60 starts at $105,100 and the i4 just shy of $53,000, and those recalled were manufactured with high voltage battery that 'may have internal damage.'

The issue is impacting BMW iX SAV models built from 2022 to 2023 and i4 M50 vehicles produced between November 22, 2021 and July 30, 2022, according a letter BMW of North America sent to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

60993675-11073831-image-a-30_1659464555139.jpg

The iX M60 (pictured) starts at $105,100 and the i4s just shy of $53,000, and those recalled were manufactured with high voltage battery that 'may have internal damage'

The issue was first brought to light in with a US-based BMW i4 eDrive40 in April, which sparked BMW to look at Samsung SDI and led them to find irregularities in how some of the battery cells were manufactured, The Drive reports.

Samsung has long been plagued with battery failures of its own – specifically the 2017 Galaxy Note 7 fiasco that resulted in 2.5 million devices being recalled because the defective batteries were also catching fire.

BMW plans to replace all affected battery cells, free of charge, but owners must wait until the carmaker has new batteries to swap in place.

The recall was also issued a day after one of BMW's electric vehicles caught fire on a highway in China. The blue sedan was parked in the middle of the right lane with flames shooting out from underneath.

BMW urges 83 customers to stop driving its iX M60 and i4 EVs because batteries can catch fire | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: 508mikey
Included in that were 2,173 F-150 Lightning electric pickups. Over 4,469 F-150 Lightnings have now been sold this year.

Ford also announced that at least one F-150 Lightning has been delivered to a customer in each of the 50 U.S. states, with California and Texas ranked first and second in volume.

Ford sales skyrocketed in July as other automakers crashed

The Ford F-150 Lightning police pickup has joined the force

Perhaps they should call it the F-150 Taser.

Ford has unveiled a Special Service Vehicle version of the electric F-150 Lightning pickup that's intended for use by police forces.

It is based on the F-150 Lightning Pro fleet model and will be offered in both standard range and extended range modes, which are rated for 230 miles and 320 miles of driving between charges.

cop-1.jpg

The F-150 Lightning Pro SSV was designed for law enforcement. (Ford)

cop-5.jpg

The truck features special equipment for law enforcement use. (Ford)

The F-150 Lightning's Mega Power Frunk front trunk carries over and has power outlets that tap into the truck's ProPower onboard system, which uses the battery to provide up to 2.4 kilowatts of power.

The Ford F-150 Lightning police pickup has joined the force

Reactions: StarRaider
Girl, 5, her father's girlfriend and three dogs are Killed in Fire after Battery on e-bike parked inside their sixth-floor East Harlem apartment Explodes

A young girl, an adult woman, and three dogs have been killed in an apartment fire in East Harlem that officials say was sparked by the exploding battery of an electric bike.

Ericka Williams, 5, and Chanise Anderson, 36, were identified as the deceased victims by the Daily News after the fire broke out early on Wednesday in a sixth-floor apartment in the Jackie Robinson Houses on East 129th Street.

The young girl's father Eric Williams, 46, was hospitalized with severe burns, after witnesses said he fled from the apartment, but was unable to re-enter to assist his loved ones when the fire melted the door's locking mechanism.

Battery-powered E-bikes, which are popular with New York's massive fleet of delivery drivers, are a growing source of deadly fires, the FDNY has warned in recent weeks.

Girl, 5, her father's girlfriend and three dogs are killed in East Harlem fire | Daily Mail Online

China First: Automakers Push to Allow EV Tax Credits for China-Sourced Batteries

U.S. automakers and a group of Senate Democrats are working to hobble provisions of the Inflation Reduction Act intended to bolster the domestic critical mineral supply chain, exclude China from benefiting from U.S. taxpayer subsidies, and set the U.S. on a path to renewable energy independence.

Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) told reporters this week that the rules requiring key components to be sourced from the U.S. and allied trading partners should be changed to allow consumers to receive tax credits for cars that do not meet the requirements in the current version of the bill.

Automakers Push to Allow EV Tax Credits for China-Sourced Batteries

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Democrats Advance Plan to Subsidize Electric Cars Made in Mexico, Canada

Senate Democrats’ filibuster-proof reconciliation package, dubbed the “Inflation Reduction Act,” is set to help subsidize electric vehicles manufactured in Mexico and Canada.

Part of the legislation, estimated to eliminate about 30,000 jobs in the United States, serves as a major win for Mexico’s and Canada’s auto industries as well as the multinational corporations that outsource American auto jobs to each of those countries.

That victory for Mexico’s and Canada’s auto industries is slipped into electric vehicle tax credits for consumers. Rather than including “Buy American” rules that require electric vehicles to be fully produced in the United States to be eligible for the tax credits, the legislation allows the credits to be used on electric vehicles made in Mexico and Canada.

Dems Advance Plan to Subsidize Electric Cars Made in Mexico, Canada

Reactions: Orangeslice13
'Deeply disturbing' video appears to show a Tesla in full self-driving mode repeatedly running over a child-sized mannequin in 'controlled test conditions'

A 'deeply disturbing' video claims to show a Tesla in full self-driving mode running over a child-size mannequin during a test by a safety campaign group.

The Dawn Project said the vehicle failed to detect the stationary dummy's presence in the road and hit it over and over again at an average speed of 25mph.

Tesla in full self-driving mode appears to run over a child-sized mannequin in 'test conditions' | Daily Mail Online

I love electric cars but prices do need to keep going down. We also need to bolster our power grid to handle the type of load millions of cars would add.

Nuclear and coal power cars brought to you by KUB and Tesla.

Ford raises price of electric F-150 Lightning by up to $8,500 due to 'significant' battery cost increases
The Detroit automaker said the price increases – between $6,000 and $8,500.
vehicles. Raw material costs for batteries for electric vehicles more than doubled during the coronavirus pandemic, according to a recent report by consulting and research firm AlixPartners.

Ford raises price of electric F-150 Lightning by up to $8,500 due to 'significant' battery cost increases

Called the CCP FU grip. Will be a future on the GI Commie action figure.

'Deeply disturbing' video appears to show a Tesla in full self-driving mode repeatedly running over a child-sized mannequin in 'controlled test conditions'

A 'deeply disturbing' video claims to show a Tesla in full self-driving mode running over a child-size mannequin during a test by a safety campaign group.

The Dawn Project said the vehicle failed to detect the stationary dummy's presence in the road and hit it over and over again at an average speed of 25mph.

Tesla in full self-driving mode appears to run over a child-sized mannequin in 'test conditions' | Daily Mail Online

There is truly nothing more disturbing than a mannequin being run over.

Reactions: volinbham
Copper thieves have an easy new target... electric vehicle charging stations that are filled with copper wiring. Brazen thieves were caught on camera cutting the wires from a charging station in Van Nuys. Thieves are selling the charging cables to scrap metal dealers, and since most public charging stations are unattended... they are easy targets.
The Los Angeles Police Department told Hauss that this kind of theft is becoming a new trend as more charging stations open up.

VIDEO: Brazen thieves steal EV charging cables

Reactions: AM64
Study finds electric vehicle owners struggle to charge at public stations

The Biden administration’s push toward electric vehicles is hitting speed bumps as a new poll shows thousands of EV owners are struggling to charge their cars while away from home.

Consumer research firm J.D. Power released its second annual United States Electric Vehicle Experience Public Charging Study last week, showing that 20% of EV owners reported “operability and maintenance a key issue” at public charging stations.

"The study finds that one out of every five respondents ended up not charging their vehicle during their visit," J.D. Power reported. "Of those who didn’t charge, 72% indicated that it was due to the station malfunctioning or being out of service."

Other issues include charging stations’ availability and people’s lack of satisfaction with things to do while they wait for their vehicles to charge.

The Biden administration’s push toward electric vehicles is hitting speed bumps as a new poll shows thousands of EV owners are struggling to charge their cars while away from home.

Consumer research firm J.D. Power released its second annual United States Electric Vehicle Experience Public Charging Study last week, showing that 20% of EV owners reported “operability and maintenance a key issue” at public charging stations.

"The study finds that one out of every five respondents ended up not charging their vehicle during their visit," J.D. Power reported. "Of those who didn’t charge, 72% indicated that it was due to the station malfunctioning or being out of service."

Other issues include charging stations’ availability and people’s lack of satisfaction with things to do while they wait for their vehicles to charge.

Need to add more windmills at these locations.

Check this out:

GM and Ford have said all electric by 2030 and 2035. Dodge just cancelled the Charger and Challenger. All car makers going electric. These are facts, opinions, and questions apparently nobody is asking:

There are 145,000 gas stations in the US. We will need AT LEAST as many charging stations bc it takes longer to charge a car by far than to fill up with gas...home charging could probably offset to an even number...but where are the 145,000 charging stations? Who is gonna build 10 or 15 000 of them a year???

When are we starting construction on the 10 or 15 Nuclear power stations we will need to make enough juice to power electric cars and 18 wheelers for 330 MILLION Americans to drive and charge daily?

Where are all the sub stations, power lines, power poles, the factories to manufacture the products needed to build all of these things, the raw materials for them, the heavy equipment to construct them, the millions of blue collar young folks to build, dig, drive, assemble, wire, test, etc all of this electric infrastructure gonna come from? I have a 21yo and a 14yo...and i see their peers frequently. They aint manly like some of their Dads are.

Where the F$%k is all this gonna come from? The only nuclear plant i know of under construction in the entire US is Vogel part 3 and 4 in northern GA....and only because it was approved...in the 1980s.

The leftist climate electric bullsheit is complete fantasy...with apparently exactly zero forethought, planning, leadership, infrastructure, or possibility of happening a full generation (20 years minimum) after everyone is supposedly stopping production of vehicles that burn dinosaur juice.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Even 1 of you full of sheit leftist morons who cannot grasp the 20,000 year ice age/ hot as Hell cycle want to try and explain where the electricity is gonna magically come from in the next decade to power all these electric cars rhat are gonna be manufactured?

How about the fact that in many places the grid is already over burdened and generally operates at about what 60% efficiency? Are we finally up to 70% ? Meaning for every single kw of electricity produced, 40% is lost and never used due to the inefficency of power lines, sub stations, and other inefficiencies in the grid? How many MORE nuclear power stations will that necessitate? 10? How many decades...not years...decades does it take on average to get a single reactor approved, constructed, and online? Wanna take a guess?

Why is our country planning for a future of unicorns, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy as the source of energy for every means of transportation in the country with the largest economy in the world?

Why have i never read a single article about this or even heard mention of it? Anyone?

Not big on quoting my own posts..but perhaps should have been posted in this thread initially.

After 30 plus years of driving a work truck/van every day, i drive a Honda Civic Coupe with a manual transmission and a few extra ponies in the top end. I drive it like i stole it...daily. It doesnt sound like a weedeater or look like a 18yo car either lmao

Not big on quoting my own posts..but perhaps should have been posted in this thread initially.

After 30 plus years of driving a work truck/van every day, i drive a Honda Civic Coupe with a manual transmission and a few extra ponies in the top end. I drive it like i stole it...daily. It doesnt sound like a weedeater or look like a 18yo car either lmao
Love the civic. Is yours an Si or Type R by chance?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Love the civic. Is yours an Si or Type R by chance?

No sadly not type R....its an 08 2 door coupe with a 1.8 VTEC manual. They dont make coupes anymore, and both the SI and type R are 4 door sedans now too ... i just turned 100k miles on it so its time to replace the timing belt soon...especially the way i drive it. I had a 95 coupe also with a manual. VTEC making peak HP at redline just begs a man to wind it out at least in 2nd and 3rd lol...ive got a couple pics here. Shes nothing special but i truly enjoy driving my car from place to place because it is fun to drive...5th gear switches cams to VTEC at about 108-110mph right when it seems like drag and small displacement are starting to lose momentum and it pulls nicely from that 4500rpms on out to 7250 like the other gears. I really want to super/turbo charge it...but I have 1 kid in college and another in Christian school so theres no way i can spend a couple three thousand bucks on something selfish like that. Maybe someday.

Attachments

• 20220502_103848.jpg
    20220502_103848.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4846.jpg
    IMG_4846.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: AM64
No sadly not type R....its an 08 2 door coupe with a 1.8 VTEC manual. They dont make coupes anymore, and both the SI and type R are 4 door sedans now too ... i just turned 100k miles on it so its time to replace the timing belt soon...especially the way i drive it. I had a 95 coupe also with a manual. VTEC making peak HP at redline just begs a man to wind it out at least in 2nd and 3rd lol...ive got a couple pics here. Shes nothing special but i truly enjoy driving my car from place to place because it is fun to drive...5th gear switches cams to VTEC at about 108-110mph right when it seems like drag and small displacement are starting to lose momentum and it pulls nicely from that 4500rpms on out to 7250 like the other gears. I really want to super/turbo charge it...but I have 1 kid in college and another in Christian school so theres no way i can spend a couple three thousand bucks on something selfish like that. Maybe someday.
Marcus, I have always envisioned you as a big dude and just don't see you being able to fit in one of those Honda's.

Marcus, I have always envisioned you as a big dude and just don't see you being able to fit in one of those Honda's.

Nah, i am more of the Mighty Mouse type. Bout 5'11 and 170lbs without a stitch of fat to my name lol. Used to be able to hold my own 3 or 4 weight classes above my division but I am getting old brother. Turned 45 this year . The connective tissues in my shoulders and knees dont tolerate the high weight/low rep workouts on bench and squats like they did when i was younger. I am a classic " hard gainer" same as i was playing football at 16yo...if i take in 4000 calories a day and lift heavy, i can bulk to about 175 solid muscle but thats a lot of forced over eating. My natural weight is about 160 to 162 and i work to carry the other 8lbs or so. My son actually won a powerlifting contest locally a couple weeks ago. He got 1st place competing at i think 152lbs (they do kilos) it was for combined bench, squat, deadlift. He is built exactly as i was at his age but with a better 6 pack lol. He is stronger than I am now, but not nearly as mean or dumb. Thankfully.

Man I love those old Hondas. I had a 99 Prelude manual that I stupidly sold a few years ago. Also had a 97 civic manual coupe that I bought new. Those cars weren't fast per se but they sure felt fast and were fun to drive.

VN Store

Back