Electric Vehicles

The EV thing is never going to happen.
Right now there’s no current technology that would allow for it.
There’s not enough lithium on the planet so we have to come up with a new battery system. I’m sure they’ll pull something from their ass by 2030.
The charging issue is a huge deal. Look at the volume on the interstate. Imagine all of them having to stop every 200-300 miles to charge. You'd need stations the size of small cities, and the power grid could never handle it.

It will definitely take some revolutionary technology. Has anyone thought of putting a windmill on top of an EV to charge it while it goes? Just don't get stuck in traffic for long

The charging issue is a huge deal. Look at the volume on the interstate. Imagine all of them having to stop every 200-300 miles to charge. You'd need stations the size of small cities, and the power grid could never handle it.

It will definitely take some revolutionary technology. Has anyone thought of putting a windmill on top of an EV to charge it while it goes? Just don't get stuck in traffic for long
Wireless electric power embedded in roads. Electric cars powered wirelessly as we drive. Electronically pay for electricity used on any particular grid.

How many pounds of minerals does it take to make an electric car battery?

A typical electric car battery has: 25 pounds of lithium 60 pounds of nickel 44 pounds of manganese 30 pounds cobalt 200 pounds of copper 400 pounds of aluminum, steel, and plastic The first 4 ingredients are from limited sources and will continue to rise in cost.

Man I love those old Hondas. I had a 99 Prelude manual that I stupidly sold a few years ago. Also had a 97 civic manual coupe that I bought new. Those cars weren't fast per se but they sure felt fast and were fun to drive.

Would love to have either of those cars...especially that Qualude. My buddy had 1 same year with Mugen headers, intake , exhaust, a field controller etc. He could routinely bust my other buddies relatively stock 5.0 mustangs ass with it....thats 2.2L VTEC 4 banger beating a 5.0L v8...dude would get so pissed lmao!!! Beautiful cars inside and out...i would love to have one.

Theres a guy with a limited edition S2000 with 80,000 miles on it that lives in my neighborhood. Rarely drives it and says he has never had it over 90mph....i threw up in my mouth a little bit when he said that. I have offered him 25k for it (would have to get a loan lol) but he will not sell it.

Btw...i misspoke about my little civic. It redlines at 6750 not 7250. You would think i would have gotten that right with a huge tach right over the steering wheel (see photo)...but i have had her a while now and honestly shift on feel/sound.

I agree wholeheartedly that while these cars arent fast by todays "everything has 400hp" standards, they FEEL fast....especially lowered a touch, stiffened, and grabbing your own gears. I am Honda for life...from cars to bikes to lawn mowers and pressure washers.

Attachments

• 20220823_083850.jpg
    20220823_083850.jpg
    978.5 KB · Views: 2
How many pounds of minerals does it take to make an electric car battery?

A typical electric car battery has: 25 pounds of lithium 60 pounds of nickel 44 pounds of manganese 30 pounds cobalt 200 pounds of copper 400 pounds of aluminum, steel, and plastic The first 4 ingredients are from limited sources and will continue to rise in cost.
Printing money as Musk said.

Agreed. Even when new battery tech becomes the norm...who/where/when are we gonna build the 15 or 20 new nuclear power stations to charge them? Youve never seen NIMBY until a nuclear reactor discussion comes to town...

I truly cannot wrap my head around it. What the heck is gonna happen when all these car manufacturers do as they pledged and only make electric cars in 10 years but there is no way to charge even half of them without rolling blackouts on power grids nationwide???

Forgive me for being repetitive....but why have we not ever heard a single plan or piece of legislation proposed to build this infrastructure/charging stations/power plants??? If all of us recognize this insanity....why do the politicians not see it? The automakers? This is insane

There’s not enough lithium on the planet so we have to come up with a new battery system. I’m sure they’ll pull something from their ass by 2030.

It's going to happen and it will be a disaster. We will be like Cuba, people driving around in 20-30 year old cars while the last couple of manufactures left lobby to ban the production of gasoline/diesel and replacement parts.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Why not try to perfect the hybrid EV before you go completely electric? It doesn’t make sense.

Big cities is where most of the dirty air comes from. Traffic congestion and stop and go driving is where most of your co2 emissions are released.

They could also try hydrogen EV hybrids for city use also.

Last edited:
Why not try to perfect the hybrid EV before you go completely electric? It doesn’t make sense.

Big cities is where most of the dirty air comes from. Traffic congestion and stop and go driving is where most of your co2 emissions are released.

We should be going to natural gas vehicles but that makes too much sense and the Chinese would lose out.

The leftist commie filth will force EVs by hook or crook.

In Australia’s push to follow other developed nations’ transition to electric vehicles, one bank in the country said it will stop giving out loans for new gas or diesel vehicles beginning in 2025, including hybrids.

Australian Bank Makes Announcement About Future Car Loans. Is This What the Left Has in Mind for the US?

The leftist commie filth will force EVs by hook or crook.

In Australia’s push to follow other developed nations’ transition to electric vehicles, one bank in the country said it will stop giving out loans for new gas or diesel vehicles beginning in 2025, including hybrids.

Australian Bank Makes Announcement About Future Car Loans. Is This What the Left Has in Mind for the US?
Isn’t dictating what a company can or can’t do anti-capitalism? If a bank here decides to do it, I’m sure the market will dictate if that was a good idea or not.

Isn’t dictating what a company can or can’t do anti-capitalism? If a bank here decides to do it, I’m sure the market will dictate if that was a good idea or not.

Yes, let's hope that's how it plays out and the .gov doesn't force them to do their bidding. Similar things have been tried by our federal and some state govs before.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back