Electric Vehicles

Last week I visited the Nissan dealer in Johnson City (east Tn) and a black SUV type vehicle with California plates was charging, time was 1:00. Had to leave for a doctor's appointment and returned back to the dealership and yup, still charging. I left around 4:30 and it was still hooked up to the charger. I figure due to a 250-300 mile range they likely left California sometime in March to get to East Tennessee in late August.

Since this is the political forum, let's start down a rabbit hole. It's obvious that it'll be impossible to actually meet the goals on no US manufactured ICE automobiles, and no ICE automobiles sold in CA and maintain the current travel habits of Americans. So what is the goal of this farce? Move Americans back into cities with public transportation, create a crisis that Chinese or Korean manufactured ICE vehicles provide the only solution, or "they" want to limit the mobility of Americans.

Since this is the political forum, let's start down a rabbit hole. It's obvious that it'll be impossible to actually meet the goals on no US manufactured ICE automobiles, and no ICE automobiles sold in CA and maintain the current travel habits of Americans. So what is the goal of this farce? Move Americans back into cities with public transportation, create a crisis that Chinese or Korean manufactured ICE vehicles provide the only solution, or "they" want to limit the mobility of Americans.
i winds up in court for years anyway imo

Can we sue the uS auto manufacturers for only making EV?

For what?

Generally speaking, unless there is a contract involve, one doesn't have to produce anything. More or less they are only given one thing to produce going forward, realistically... EVs.

This is heading to massive depopulation. Exactly what do you plan on filling that ICE vehicle with? You going to process your own oil?

You don't feed 7+ billion people without cheap energy, what are they doing... on purpose making the cost of energy go up.

Reactions: AM64 and Wireless1
This is heading to massive depopulation. Exactly what do you plan on filling that ICE vehicle with? You going to process your own oil?

You don't feed 7+ billion people without cheap energy, what are they doing... on purpose making the cost of energy go up.
So then why are we trying to reduce the population of a 330M country rather than the 1B+ countries?

Reactions: EasternVol and AM64
301508077_10222501353709385_8031047024118194779_n.jpg
4d777c6f-9484-44f4-9c42-2453d081ee68_text.gif

Ford Hikes Price of Electric Mustang Mach-E by as much as $8,475 due to ‘significant’ Battery Cost Increases

DETROIT – Ford Motor is hiking the starting prices of its electric Mustang Mach-E crossover by more than $8,000 for some models, as it reopens order banks for the 2023 model year.

The company on Thursday said the markups – ranging between $3,000 and $8,475, depending on the model and battery – are due to “significant material cost increases, continued strain on key supply chains, and rapidly evolving market conditions.”

The Mach-E is the latest electric vehicle to experience a price increase, as raw material costs for batteries for electric vehicles more than doubled during the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/26/for...-by-as-much-as-8475-due-to-battery-costs.html

Ford Hikes Price of Electric Mustang Mach-E by as much as $8,475 due to ‘significant’ Battery Cost Increases

DETROIT – Ford Motor is hiking the starting prices of its electric Mustang Mach-E crossover by more than $8,000 for some models, as it reopens order banks for the 2023 model year.

The company on Thursday said the markups – ranging between $3,000 and $8,475, depending on the model and battery – are due to “significant material cost increases, continued strain on key supply chains, and rapidly evolving market conditions.”

The Mach-E is the latest electric vehicle to experience a price increase, as raw material costs for batteries for electric vehicles more than doubled during the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/26/for...-by-as-much-as-8475-due-to-battery-costs.html
there goes that 4 grand from the government

So then why are we trying to reduce the population of a 330M country rather than the 1B+ countries?

What I propose is anyone that thinks the traditional energy infrastructure can be replaced in the next 5-50 years with some type of solar/wind/other solution on scale is one of the following or a combination:

1. ignorant
2. insane and/or delusional
3. have other intentions

I don't believe these people are that stupid, and I doubt all of them are insane. If you get down right to it, they say they need to carry out the plan or transition. However, once you actually look at the details there really isn't anything there and nothing to transition to, see Germany.

Without a functioning global credit system and cheap energy, its very hard to see how you feed 7+ billion people.

What is the most likely result of Mad Max.... depopulation.

(Of course, I am not even getting into the whole climate change nonsense, even if you believe the nutjobs on that... none of this is realistic and only ends up being a disaster)

Fact, everyone can have EVs (if they can find all the materials) and power them via the grid... of course, the downside... your house will 20 degrees in the winter and 90 in the summer. What they are talking about is pure delusional and I actually doubt most of them actually believe it.

Last edited:

Control and $. There is a ton of $ to be made (and wasted) by corporations and gubmint officials. With EVs they will have complete control of the power source and the vehicle itself. They already know it will have ZERO impact on the climate.

Reactions: AM64
As bad as the Arabs are..I would rather have them as a world commodity supplier for energy than the CCP. Even at that we can produce our own oil/gas and sat least have some commodity price fluctuation control.

With REM, we are screwed.

You do realize that oil drilling, extraction, and refining is a dangerous and dirty enterprise, whereas electricity comes out of clean, ivory colored holes.

I'm thinking that as California, Massachusetts and Washington adopt an all electric car strategy by 2035, the demand for gasoline should go way down and the red states will become the major players in the country. As starvation, poverty and roads disintegrate in the EV states, the red states will start flying planes into the EV states with emergency supplies of food and water, but will be banned until they convert them to electric. I can write a book about the future just on truth, and the democrats would think it was fiction.

Reactions: AM64
I'm thinking that as California, Massachusetts and Washington adopt an all electric car strategy by 2035, the demand for gasoline should go way down and the red states will become the major players in the country. As starvation, poverty and roads disintegrate in the EV states, the red states will start flying planes into the EV states with emergency supplies of food and water, but will be banned until they convert them to electric. I can write a book about the future just on truth, and the democrats would think it was fiction.

They’re already leaving those states in droves.

Prince Harry arrives in Electric Car to board private Jet for one-day polo match

Prince Harry was photographed arriving in an Electric Audi E-Tron before boarding a private jet to attend a one-day charity event in Aspen, Colorado.

The Duke of Sussex’s departure from Santa Barbara, California, was reportedly delayed for around 30 minutes on Wednesday. The 37-year-old allegedly sent a Range Rover, a separate vehicle, back to Montecito to collect his polo equipment for the event that featured his longtime polo pal Nacho Figueras.

SINGLEUSEONLY_BACKGRID_PRINCEHARRY_ELECTRICCAR.jpg

Prince Harry arrives in electric car to board private jet for one-day polo match

Not very eco-friendly! Prince Harry sits in idling $9 million private Jet for 30 minutes while he waits for staff to arrive in Gas-Guzzling Range Rover to deliver his forgotten polo kit

Prince Harry arrives for a private flight in electric car - but Range Rover drops off his polo kit | Daily Mail Online

VN Store

Back