Electric Vehicles

Bwaaaaaaaa!!!

Rapid charge points used by motorists topping up on long drives are now nearly £10 more expensive than filling up a car with petrol, the RAC revealed last week.

But research from the AA published on Monday finds that recharging an electric car even using a slow public charger at peak times can be more expensive, per mile driven afterwards, than for refuelling a comparable petrol car.

Nolte: Brits Pay More to Charge Electric Car than to Gas Up

Bwaaaaaaaa!!!

Rapid charge points used by motorists topping up on long drives are now nearly £10 more expensive than filling up a car with petrol, the RAC revealed last week.

But research from the AA published on Monday finds that recharging an electric car even using a slow public charger at peak times can be more expensive, per mile driven afterwards, than for refuelling a comparable petrol car.

maybe they can try this next....

that70s-show-car.gif

Reactions: AM64 and TNVOLNAVY

GettyImages-97050310-640x480.png

Per mile traveled, our British friends are now paying more to charge their electric cars than to gas them up.

Do stories come any more feel-good than this?

No, no, they do not:

But research from the AA published on Monday finds that recharging an electric car even using a slow public charger at peak times can be more expensive, per mile driven afterwards, than for refueling a comparable petrol car.

Bwaaaaaaaa!!!

Don't know what electric power costs in Britain, but I read today that gas is over $7/gal there. Either their electric rates are whoppers or EVs are really inefficient.

I would like to see some of the defenders of the Green New Deal in here counter what is being said in this video.

I would like to see some of the defenders of the Green New Deal in here counter what is being said in this video.

I'm surprised green idiots haven't actually proposed putting windmills on EVs so they can charge while driving. You could write books on what they don't understand ... and they wouldn't understand the books.

Carmakers face a crossroads as they work to fit auto dealers into their EV plans

• Automakers are trying different approaches to bring dealers along with them as they transition to electric vehicles.
DETROIT — As automakers chase Tesla-like profits on new electric vehicles, they face an existential question: how best to bring franchised auto dealers along with them as they transition to EVs.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/28/ev-sales-automakers-dealers.html

Carmakers face a crossroads as they work to fit auto dealers into their EV plans

• Automakers are trying different approaches to bring dealers along with them as they transition to electric vehicles.
DETROIT — As automakers chase Tesla-like profits on new electric vehicles, they face an existential question: how best to bring franchised auto dealers along with them as they transition to EVs.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/28/ev-sales-automakers-dealers.html
The traditional car dealership needs to go. Good riddance.
We bought my wife’s Model Y through the website and I’d love to buy all my vehicles going forward this way.

E-bike Battery Fire in NYC Leaves 3 Kids Injured, Including 2 Critically: FDNY

Three children were injured – two critically – when an e-bike battery in their Manhattan apartment caught fire, trapping them in the flames, the FDNY said Sunday.

An adult also was critically injured in the blaze, which tore through the fifth-floor home at 165 Sherman Ave. in Inwood in Upper Manhattan around 1:30 a.m., officials said.

E-bike battery fire in NYC leaves 3 kids injured, including 2 critically: FDNY

I kinda like the light bulb. . .

There was gonna be no life after they banned incandescent bulbs too...right? Except that worked out ok, and leds are superior...more light, less power, any color. Progress is good.

They'll warm to EVs when battery tech gives us 800 mile ranges, ubiquitous high speed charging, and 0-60 in 4 seconds...on a full-sized pickup.

There was gonna be no life after they banned incandescent bulbs too...right? Except that worked out ok, and leds are superior...more light, less power, any color. Progress is good.

They'll warm to EVs when battery tech gives us 800 mile ranges, ubiquitous high speed charging, and 0-60 in 4 seconds...on a full-sized pickup.
This is true….. just stop trying to force it on us until the tech gets to where it needs to be….

That's a f'n pipe dream...poor people like me will bever be able to afford that 💩 even IF it does happen...but who gives a 💩 about us...amirite?

Plus...where is all that juice going to come from? Nobody is even working on that problem.

I think people like that don't care about my freedom to come and go affordable and freely.

VN Store

Back