Electric Vehicles

Don't know what electric power costs in Britain, but I read today that gas is over $7/gal there. Either their electric rates are whoppers or EVs are really inefficient.
They are a tax happy country...... Hell, they even tax taxes. Everything there is expensive.

What do we get for all our taxes? $31T in debt, crappy infrastructure, a military that throws hundreds of billions of dollars away, a failing SS.
So freaking wasteful..They ask for more as to make up for the ever ending incompetence. It just never ends.

Reactions: krichunaka
Ford Pauses Shipping, Building Electric F-150 Model Due to Potential Battery Issue

Ford Motor Company has announced an unspecified potential battery issue has led the company to stop producing and shipping its electric F-150 truck model, according to reports.

Motor Authority reported Thursday that the company had placed a “stop-build and an in-transit stop-ship order” on the truck.

Ford Pauses Shipping Electric F-150 Due to Potential Battery Issue

Gas powered vehicles aren’t exactly cheap nowadays.

Chevy Bolt EV starts at like $25k. Believe there are some others. But overall I agree that the price tag on EVs has been a major roadblock along with lack of range and charging options.
Durability is crap too. EVs will eventually be a failed experiment

Durability is crap too. EVs will eventually be a failed experiment
Prius' are some of the most well built cars. Period.

That is a fact.

In fact, Toyota at one time held the patent for specific type of Electric Battery. Many have tried to replicate, and, failed. So they pay Toyota for it's design.

One of the reasons I have Toyota stock.

Also, we are seeing a mad rush to build connectivity in TN for EV charging areas. Grants are for EV stations but as we all know there are multiple uses for the connectivity. Get ready, its coming.

That is a fact.

In fact, Toyota at one time held the patent for specific type of Electric Battery. Many have tried to replicate, and, failed. So they pay Toyota for it's design.

Also, we are seeing a mad rush to build connectivity in TN for EV charging areas. Grants are for EV stations but as we all know there are multiple uses for the connectivity. Get ready, its coming.
You're brainwashed.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman

That is a fact.

Also, we are seeing a mad rush to build connectivity in TN for EV charging areas. Grants are for EV stations but as we all know there are multiple uses for the connectivity. Get ready, it’s coming.

Lol
No it’s not.
We don’t have the infrastructure to support it. Everyone on the power supply side of this knows this already. Look you and the EV fan boys are picking a side and hoping it works. It’s just not realistic.

If we suddenly, over the next 10 years switched to plug in electric, our grid would crash. It's a mathematical equation, it not speculation. We're 50-100 years away from being able to provide the extra needed electricity to charge those vehicles and that's if we continue to use fossil fuels to generate that electricity. Do people even remember the rolling blackouts a few months ago? We can't provide for our current (that word works doubly well here) needs let alone the addition of millions of EVs. It's the equivalent of forcing people to purchase a mode of transportation that runs on a fuel that doesn't exist.

This is being done in the name of saving the planet and all it does is cause more damage to the environment. Reminds me of switching to plastic bags in the 80s all for the environment.

And I'll add, this is less about saving the planet, it's about government control. Government loves the idea of being able to "turn you off" for whatever reason they feel justifies it.

If we suddenly, over the next 10 years switched to plug in electric, our grid would crash. It's a mathematical equation, it not speculation. We're 50-100 years away from being able to provide the extra needed electricity to charge those vehicles and that's if we continue to use fossil fuels to generate that electricity. Do people even remember the rolling blackouts a few months ago? We can't provide for our current (that word works doubly well here) needs let alone the addition of millions of EVs. It's the equivalent of forcing people to purchase a mode of transportation that runs on a fuel that doesn't exist.

This is being done in the name of saving the planet and all it does is cause more damage to the environment. Reminds me of switching to plastic bags in the 80s all for the environment.

And I'll add, this is less about saving the planet, it's about government control. Government loves the idea of being able to "turn you off" for whatever reason they feel justifies it.
The l** idiots are intent on destroying our way of life...they are our greatest enemy.

The cost estimates of the upgrade to the gird required exceed what we have spent it total as a government for the last 8 years.
It ain’t happening
We are at a minimum 50 years away

They want to control where and when you go...or just force you to not have freedom to travel unless you are rich. The patricians will always have freedom to travel...it's us low middle class and below plebians that are getting screwed.

Think about it...the well off patricians will have Yosemite, Zion, Venice, Florence...etc etc etc to themselves and won't have to deal with hordes of hairy unwashed peasants that make just enough money for dream vacations getting in their way anymore.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
The cost estimates of the upgrade to the gird required exceed what we have spent it total as a government for the last 8 years.
It ain’t happening
Like InVol said...it is a simple mathematical equation, and the tyrants in charge know it...so what is their real intent?

It's a simple deduction really when you consider the facts of what is happening...to control where, when and how the vast majority of us can move around.

They want to control where and when you go...or just force you to not have freedom to travel unless you are rich. The patricians will always have freedom to travel...it's us low middle class and below plebians that are getting screwed.

Think about it...the well off will have Yosemite, Zion, Venice, Florence...etc etc etc to themselves and won't have to deal with hordes of hairy unwashed peasants that make just enough money for dream vacations getting in their way anymore.

These nutcases absolutely view it as a monarchy and peasants.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
It ain’t happening
And that's if we continue to generate a large portion of our power through fossil fuels, what we're attempting to get away from. It makes no logical sense whatsoever. Unless we have an event that wipes out half the population. 👀

These nutcases absolutely view it as a monarchy and peasants.
That has been clear to me for years. The only reason they are getting away with it is the vast hordes of libiots that their decades of media and educational system indoctrination have brainwashed into willfully accepting their chains.

That is a fact.

Just imagine if we would have used that money on true clean energy for vehicles, natural gas. We could almost be at zero tailpipe emissions without the hassle of battery recharging and the environmental destruction caused by battery production.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Just imagine if we would have used that money on true clean energy for vehicles, natural gas. We could almost be at zero tailpipe emissions without the hassle of battery recharging and the environmental destruction caused by battery production.
I dont think anyone, other than those making this a political thing... really buying into the power grid narrative.

Much like the 'no one wants to work,' 'Mexicans are taking our jobs', and 'rampant election fraud.' Human nature is to protect what we have, what is comfortable to us. Therefore we believe a narrative to support our cause. Truth is, Ive yet to see one single shred of data to support FOX News' predation and fear mongering. Just like every law suit has been laughed out of court by an overtaxed Judiciary.

No one wants to credit Biden with saying he was going to fix the infrastructure issues. Its a massive undertaking and the will take getting, well, 1950's minded States🥴 like this one - to see the forest for the trees.

Fortunately Tennessee is a whore for quick bucks and to laud job gains. Car manufacturers see a need; and are bringing jobs here.

Weve looked at Hydrogen and it didnt take.

If you're that concerned about the infrastructure and about the environment...create or com up with an alternative method. Or, put down the keys to the 1500 and bike to work.

Control? That's kinda funny. I don't know of anyone with a refinery in their backyard, but I know several with sufficient solar capacity to charge an EV.

I'm curious on the 50-100 year estimate. I did a bit of "back of the envelope" work. Numbers were sourced from ChatGPT, so it could be that Skynet is lying to me, but it really isn't as dire as it sounds. Estimate of total generation capacity is about 1100GW. At max production 24x365 (impractical, but I need a boundary), we have available a bit under 10M GWhr annually. Americans drive roughly 3.3 trillion miles annually. A reasonable estimate of EV power usage is 0.4kWhr per mile. If every car in America were an EV, that would require an additional 1.32M GWhr, or roughly 13% of the current max theoretical capacity.

Obviously that's a big deal, but it doesn't sound like a 50-100 year problem to me. If the current rate of solar and wind expansion continues, and MNR tech pays off like it could/should, we would expect to add about that much capacity over the next 10 years. Given that over 60% of the cars on the road are over 10 years old, it's reasonable to believe that gas cars will be less than 50% of what's on the road in 10 years.

VN Store

Back