Electric Vehicles

That's a f'n pipe dream...poor people like me will bever be able to afford that 💩 even IF it does happen...but who gives a 💩 about us...amirite?

Plus...where is all that juice going to come from? Nobody is even working on that problem.

I think people like you don't care about my freedom to come and go affordable and freely.

Victim much?

EVs can be built with less complexity than gas motors. Ultimately they will cost less.

That's a f'n pipe dream...poor people like me will bever be able to afford that 💩 even IF it does happen...but who gives a 💩 about us...amirite?

Plus...where is all that juice going to come from? Nobody is even working on that problem.

I think people like that don't care about my freedom to come and go affordable and freely.

Gas powered vehicles aren’t exactly cheap nowadays.

Chevy Bolt EV starts at like $25k. Believe there are some others. But overall I agree that the price tag on EVs has been a major roadblock along with lack of range and charging options.

Reactions: SSVol
My vehicles cost $3,000 and $7,000 and are paid for...I will never be able to afford a long range EV...but who f'n cares...amirite?

And you'll be able to drive that vehicle for as long as you are around to do so. Your gas will get more and more expensive though.

I'm not talking about this year. I'm talking about how the tech will progress. Nobody will miss gas in the future.

I think people like that don't care about my freedom to come and go affordable and freely.

Lat I saw we could barely keep the heat on when cold, moving away from fossil fueled power plants at same time, REM mining is nasty and basically conceded to the CCP, environmental disposal issues, battery life significantly recedes with life, etc.

What could go wrong?

Gas powered vehicles aren’t exactly cheap nowadays.

Chevy Bolt EV starts at like $25k. Believe there are some others. But overall I agree that the price tag on EVs has been a major roadblock along with lack of range and charging options.

It's always a process to bring it from the fringe to mainstream to ubiquitous. It takes time, but ultimately it'll be fine.

Grid is another question, but that'll get fixed too. Eventually.

And eventually some pre-owned EVs will cost that much as well
The problem with a pre owned ev is battery replacement which runs about 15 thousand i work at a new car dealer as a service tech ive not been at all impressed with the longevity of the evs also it uses about the same electricity to do a rapid charge as it does to run a 2500 sq ft house for 24hrs so imagine your light bill doubled on top of the price of the ev

Lat I saw we could barely keep the heat on when cold, moving away from fossil fueled power plants at same time, REM mining is nasty and basically conceded to the CCP, environmental disposal issues, battery life significantly recedes with life, etc.

What could go wrong?

Solid state battery tech will solve both density and lifespan. It's already coming to small devices. Probably still a few years out on EVs.

Solid state battery tech will solve both density and lifespan. It's already coming to small devices. Probably still a few years out on EVs.

They are prematurely eliminating fossil fuels prematurely to tip the scales. EV are not nearly ready for prime time and would take decades to bring the power online even for fossil fuel plants, much less some Solar or wind BS.

And you'll be able to drive that vehicle for as long as you are around to do so. Your gas will get more and more expensive though.

I'm not talking about this year. I'm talking about how the tech will progress. Nobody will miss gas in the future.
If EVs come the predominant mode of transportation wouldn't demand for gas/deisel drop making it less expensive?

The problem with a pre owned ev is battery replacement which runs about 15 thousand i work at a new car dealer as a service tech ive not been at all impressed with the longevity of the evs also it uses about the same electricity to do a rapid charge as it does to run a 2500 sq ft house for 24hrs so imagine your light bill doubled on top of the price of the ev

Yeah I think there are absolutely issues. But they’ll eventually figure them out in the long run.

I love the idea of EVs. I also would not buy one today.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
They'll jack it up with taxes to force change.
And then burn it to produce the electricity to charge the batteries. 🤣

But seriously, why would they need to if EVs were so much better? If it's more economical and better, why the need to force people to them? Shouldn't the free market determine the switch?

The auto makers will adapt. People will adapt. It'll be fine

Reactions: SSVol

The whole premise for EV is CC, and we are told we only have a few years left before the precipice, of course they have been saying that for decades now.

VN Store

Back