Electric Vehicles

I'm gonna miss cows when the government decides their farts are too harmful to the atmosphere. I hope it doesn't happen in my lifetime. I love hamburgers and steaks too much.
Have you ever been behind a cow when she lets one rip? I think that would change your tune real fast, Mister.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Solid state battery tech will solve both density and lifespan. It's already coming to small devices. Probably still a few years out on EVs.
Always with the fantasy...sounds like the promise of Fusion to me.... a freakin pipe dream.

It won't matter to people that are mid-upper middle class well off...but people like me are going to royally screwed in tbe "transistion" and all the green freaks pushing this 🦬💩 don't give a f"n 💩.

This particular discussion is a really sore spot for me and I've explained why on here a million times...I can tell you don't care.

And then burn it to produce the electricity to charge the batteries. 🤣

But seriously, why would they need to if EVs were so much better? If it's more economical and better, why the need to force people to them? Shouldn't the free market determine the switch?

I would argue it's already doing that.

Another thing regarding gas...when there is far less demand, there is less competition, less stations, etc. Pretty sure that won't drop the price, but rest assured, the gov will intervene if they don't like the outcome.

Not saying it's right, just predicting what's coming.

Have you ever been behind a cow when she lets one rip? I think that would change your tune real fast, Mister.
I've been around cows before. I still love hamburgers and steaks. Are you one of those vegan people. That would explain some things....

Always with the fantasy...sounds like the promise of Fusion to me.... a freakin pipe dream.

It won't matter to people that are mid-upper middle class well off...but people like me are going to royally screwed in tbe "transistion" and all the green freaks pushing this 🦬💩 don't give a f"n 💩.

This particular discussion is a really sore spot for me and I've explained why on here a million times...I can tell you don't care.

Not fantasy. Already exists.

Of course I care about people, but the tech is changing whether you want it, or are ready for it, or not.

They are prematurely eliminating fossil fuels prematurely to tip the scales. EV are not nearly ready for prime time and would take decades to bring the power online even for fossil fuel plants, much less some Solar or wind BS.
They just bounce right over this very important and unresolved..hell it is nowhere even remotely close to being started to be resolved FACT.

They are artificially constricting supply of fossil fuels and screwing people like me over in the process.

I mean, the only real way to combat climate change is to eliminate at least half the world's population, and I just don't think we're going to do that.

Not fantasy. Already exists.

Of course I care about people, but the tech is changing whether you want it, or are ready for it, or not.
It is being FORCED artificially and sooner or later a lot of people are gonna get pissed at their freedom being destroyed and then a lot of people will get hurt.

Let them eat cake...amirite.

I would argue it's already doing that.

Another thing regarding gas...when there is far less demand, there is less competition, less stations, etc. Pretty sure that won't drop the price, but rest assured, the gov will intervene if they don't like the outcome.

Not saying it's right, just predicting what's coming.

We're 50-100 years from having the grid necessary to power a majority of the public using EVs. That's if we still use fossil fuels to generate for the grid. I'm not against EVs actually I'm the opposite. I'm for EVs but I'm also a realist.

Last edited:
We're 50-100 years from having the grid necessary to power a majority of the public using EVs. That's uf we still use fossil fuels to generate for the grid. I'm not against EVs actually I'm the opposite. I'm for EVs but I'm also a realist.
REM is big as well. CCP will rule that world.

We're 50-100 years from having the grid necessary to power a majority of the public using EVs. That's uf we still use fossil fuels to generate for the grid. I'm not against EVs actually I'm the opposite. I'm for EVs but I'm also a realist.

I agree completely. It'll happen though.

REM is big as well. CCP will rule that world.
These guys?

ab6761610000e5eb6334ab6a83196f36475ada7f

Reactions: Orangeburst
Victim much?

EVs can be built with less complexity than gas motors. Ultimately they will cost less.
Yeah until you have to replace the battery on it. Filling up landfills with bad batteries. Digging huge lithium mines with diesel equipment or child labor in China. Not to mention powering all these charging electric vehicles with either coal or some other powered electric company. Now is not the time for electric. Would be better off with hydrogen.

They just bounce right over this very important and unresolved..hell it is nowhere even remotely close to being started to be resolved FACT.

They are artificially constricting supply of fossil fuels and screwing people like me over in the process.
This. The infrastructure for charging all these vehicles on the road is nowhere even close to ready. Plus be ready for some long wait times at a charging station.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
This. The infrastructure for charging all these vehicles on the road is nowhere even close to ready. Plus be ready for some long wait times at a charging station.
Yrp...and where is all the electricity for these 10s of millions of EVs going to come from? They can't keep the power on now...so how in the hell is that supposed to happen? And the f'n dumbasses are against nuclear power...none of their asinine 🦬💩 makes any common sense...

Yeah until you have to replace the battery on it. Filling up landfills with bad batteries. Digging huge lithium mines with diesel equipment or child labor in China. Not to mention powering all these charging electric vehicles with either coal or some other powered electric company. Now is not the time for electric. Would be better off with hydrogen.

Solid state battery lifespan is about 5x that of lithium ion, with significantly higher energy density. I'm sure there will evolve a robust spare parts business, and parts will ultimately be cost effective.

NASA is working on a selenium/sulphur solid state, which I think is about 2x the energy density of lithium, so lithium may end up going away. Either way, I'm sure the metals can be recycled.

Power generation and grid load is a bigger issue, but necessity is the mother of invention. The government will drive a crisis, which will ultimately get solved.

Solid state battery lifespan is about 5x that of lithium ion, with significantly higher energy density. I'm sure there will evolve a robust spare parts business, and parts will ultimately be cost effective.

NASA is working on a selenium/sulphur solid state, which I think is about 2x the energy density of lithium, so lithium may end up going away. Either way, I'm sure the metals can be recycled.

Power generation and grid load is a bigger issue, but necessity is the mother of invention. The government will drive a crisis, which will ultimately get solved.
Lithium used to that extent is not recyclable.

Lithium used to that extent is not recyclable.

That's not exactly true. It hasn't been done on a large scale for a handful of reasons, but eventually that will change. A number of companies are working toward that goal. The science can be solved, and eventually the economics will work too.

Shale oil wasn't cost effective, until it was.

Ford will build $3.5 billion Battery factory in Michigan that Virginia governor Rejected

Ford is investing $3.5 billion to build a factory in Michigan that will produce low-cost batteries for some of its electric vehicles, the automaker announced Monday.

The facility will be located at a greenfield site in the city of Marshall and initially create 2,500 jobs as it ramps toward the start of production in 2026.

It will manufacture lithium iron phosphate (LFP) cells nickel cobalt manganese (NCM) cells, which are cheaper to produce, but have a lower energy density than the nickel cobalt mangase (NCM) chemistry currently used in all of Ford's electric models.

The project will be fully-owned by a Ford subsidiary, but will use technology licensed from Chinese battery company Contemporary Amperex Technology Co., Limited (CATL).

Ford will build $3.5 billion battery factory in Michigan that Virginia governor rejected

That's a f'n pipe dream...poor people like me will bever be able to afford that 💩 even IF it does happen...but who gives a 💩 about us...amirite?

Plus...where is all that juice going to come from? Nobody is even working on that problem.

I think people like that don't care about my freedom to come and go affordable and freely.

Have you tried not being poor?

VN Store

Back