Electric Vehicles

I can't see myself buying one either.

I saw some sea trials on an electric boat, outboard runabout powered by batteries. It was good for about an hour to hour 1/2 run-time. Sign me up for that!
There have been electric motors on boats for decades….but not for getting you across the lake

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Nolte: ABC News Admits Electric Vehicles Are a ‘Logistical Nightmare’

Even far-left ABC News admits that electric vehicle owners face a “logistical nightmare” when it comes to everyday use, not to mention long drives.

A piece written by Morgan Korn tries to make it sound as though His Fraudulency Joe Biden is some sort of savior with his goal of “installing 500,000 new chargers across the U.S. and dramatically boosting EV sales by 2030,” but that’s not going to solve a lot of the problems. In fact, while critical of the current situation for electric vehicles, this article fails to mention all the “logistical nightmares” electric vehicle owners face.

Nolte: ABC News Admits Electric Vehicles Are a ‘Logistical Nightmare’

Ford patents self-driving car that Repossesses Itself if the owner fails to keep up with payments – and drives itself back to the showroom or scrapyard

Ford is not taking any chances with owners missing car payments - the company is working on a system that prompts the vehicle to repossess itself.

A newly awarded patent describes a car self-driving back to the showroom or a scrapyard if the owner does not answer messages about their delinquent account.

The American carmaker would start the process by disabling 'comfort features,' playing noises inside the car and limiting where the vehicle can drive.

Ford patents self-driving car that repossesses itself if the owner fails to keep up with payments | Daily Mail Online

For a car you get just about the same range as you would if using gas and fill up time is almost the same as gas...I think.

The huge downside is hydrogen is like $15 a gallon.
Also another really big downside is its highly flammable and burns invisible.
I am all forit though. Was with a group who did some research on its viability about 20 years ago. Science was not supported then, hopefully soon.

I don't believe EVs are going anywhere. Infrastructure is key. As that grows so will demand. We took delivery of our R1T last month and absolutely love it. I hope Rivian makes it through as I see a lot of potential. Of course cost must come down, too. But for comparable ICE trucks the Rivian isn't much of an outlier.

I don't believe EVs are going anywhere. Infrastructure is key. As that grows so will demand. We took delivery of our R1T last month and absolutely love it. I hope Rivian makes it through as I see a lot of potential. Of course cost must come down, too. But for comparable ICE trucks the Rivian isn't much of an outlier.

What‘s the towing capacity of the Rivian and what’s the range at capacity?

So many obstacle's to get through: infrastructure(power grid[still fossil fuel] & charging stations); getting to a solid state battery; expense of a battery; mining of minerals(have you seen the carbon footprint 1 battery mining operation leaves behind?); disposal of batteries; battery life in cold weather; and cost. I believe EV's will work in highly congested suburban areas but not for long travel, towing, heavy equipment, farming, etc...

IMO, if not ICE engines then Hydrogen might be the best possible way for the future. Still "green" but many different ways to produce Hydrogen.

JMO

What’s the warranty on the EV battery and what’s the cost to replace it out of warranty?

But what is the range towing, we’ve seen with the Ford Lightning it doesn’t even get half of it’s range once under load.
Ah, gotcha. Based only on other owners it sounds like half the range at towing capacity.

What’s the warranty on the EV battery and what’s the cost to replace it out of warranty?
Most battery packs in EV's are warranted anywhere from 4-8 years & 100k-150k mileage. Almost all battery replacement's will be 10k or higher and that is usually for a refurbished. Also, expect the cost of an EV to be north of $50K for a majority, unless compact style.

Also another really big downside is its highly flammable and burns invisible.
I am all forit though. Was with a group who did some research on its viability about 20 years ago. Science was not supported then, hopefully soon.
Hydrogen is also extremely prone to leakages due to its tiny molecular size (ask NASA) and has a very very low density which means you need a very large tank to store enough to do meaningful work.

I don’t know if it will ever have practical applications for the average consumer but I think Porsche is producing synthetic fuel from water and CO2 off the coast of Chile. The current cost to produce is over 25 a gallon so it’s used only for racing. They claim they can increase production enough to bring it to 8 a gallon by the end of 2025. Maybe if they partnered with other manufacturers they could bring it lower. I would personally pay 5 a gallon for ZE fuel. Maybe it would decrease the pressure on diesel refining and lower the cost of food.

VN Store

Back