Emoluments

We rightfully reserve this level of scrutiny for only the most horrendously despicable humans. If you don't want to be under a microscope of this magnitude, don't run a historically divisive campaign and then continue to be a complete a-hole after winning.
I consider it all to be part of the greater system of checks and balances.

In other words .. play nice , play ball or we will get you . Sounds very political .

Who's crying?
Just helping some to see what is obvious to others.

You and others have done nothing but whine for 3 years. We saw it on election night and see it every day.
You have been living in a bubble as we have been divisive for a long time. It is not new to Trump.

You don't like it, then go win an election.

This is a question I’m sure we will never know the true answer to if we are honest with ourselves .
I'm guessing disclosure about how presidents dealt with political opponents depends greatly on how many presidents have used lightweights such as Rudy and Mulvaney as gatekeepers vs the real gatekeepers that squeaky clean presidents like FDR used.
"Why should we try this guy for murder? Other murderers get away with it!"

Reactions: zeppelin128
In other words .. play nice , play ball or we will get you . Sounds very political .
Sort of.
Also, sort of like don't piss off your waitress, don't flip off a cop, don't curse at your boss.
There are expected codes of conduct for a reason. Knowingly and willingly breaking those codes is one's right, but they should never act shocked when there are consequences.

LOL......spare me.
I know why both work and why both fail and why we currently must have a blend of both.
Maybe it's your understanding that is lacking.

Open any economics book (well, I assume they say the same stuff today) and the first thing you read is that if you can't make more money from a business venture than you can by investing, don't start the business. It's all about making money and risk. Most of us tend to play safe ... we just work for a living by trading what we can do for pay. People willing to take bigger risk may profit greatly if things go well, but without the opportunity for a big reward why risk all that you have? Would you denigrate a Henry Ford or Thomas Edison ... and can you name a Soviet equivalent to either?

I personally think the world of real estate and resort development is pretty shady business, but it's there for the taking and would go nowhere if not for people wanting to spend a few nights away from home ... as I recall you like your time in FL. Walt Disney would seem to embody all that you hate in Trump, but both made millions selling what people want; that's a lot more than you can say for the garden variety politician/criminal/slug.

I guess it's easier to go after a Trump about funky foreign or domestic income than a politician because politicians seem to make money in nefarious ways never to be disclosed.

Sort of.
Also, sort of like don't piss off your waitress, don't flip off a cop, don't curse at your boss.
There are expected codes of conduct for a reason. Knowingly and willingly breaking those codes is one's right, but they should never act shocked when there are consequences.

And Trump is fair game because you don't like him and organizationally he's in a political slot without having been a politician? So you can make his wealth and pomposity matter while you ignore politically connected wealth and pomposity. That's what most of us don't understand about your types ... how the hell you can rail against the business world while ignoring the corruptness in our political world.

Reactions: VolStrom
And Trump is fair game because you don't like him and organizationally he's in a political slot without having been a politician? So you can make his wealth and pomposity matter while you ignore politically connected wealth and pomposity. That's what most of us don't understand about your types ... how the hell you can rail against the business world while ignoring the corruptness in our political world.
What? Trump's behavior being unacceptable has nothing to do with whether or not he is a lifelong politician, a real estate developer, or a bus driver. It would be viewed as despicable regardless.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
What? Trump's behavior being unacceptable has nothing to do with whether or not he is a lifelong politician, a real estate developer, or a bus driver. It would be viewed as despicable regardless.
Am's post went right over your head Luther.

Reactions: AM64
Am's post went right over your head Luther.

I think Luther's a pretty smart guy, but I can't tell if some things are beyond his comprehension (perhaps willing comprehension) or if he simply uses the liberal way to defeat an argument. Liberals often pretend to misunderstand (you couldn't possibly have meant that), ignore fact, or (when all else fails) use the "that's different" approach if they have no way to meet an argument head on with fact.

I think Luther's a pretty smart guy, but I can't tell if some things are beyond his comprehension (perhaps willing comprehension) or if he simply uses the liberal way to defeat an argument. Liberals often pretend to misunderstand (you couldn't possibly have meant that), ignore fact, or (when all else fails) use the "that's different" approach if they have no way to meet an argument head on with fact.
luther is willfully ignorant. He doesn't know what he doesn't want to know.

Sort of.
Like elections?

You're a very perceptive man.

Yep. Highly disappointing.
That's why they have elections. Otherwise, make stuff up, throw it a the wall and see if it sticks, is a crappy way to govern. Removal from office is a real serious action and should be for real serious stuff. You may think it has happened because that is what you want. But it hasn't and that's what is making you crazy.

Yep. Highly disappointing.

So we are getting close to an election and you are disappointed? This sounds like your party's objective. Not about winning, only about vengeance.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why they have elections. Otherwise, make stuff up, throw it a the wall and see if it sticks, is a crappy way to govern. Removal from office is a real serious action and should be for real serious stuff. You may think it has happened because that is what you want. But it hasn't and that's what is making you crazy.
The investigation is about something very serious.

VN Store

Back