ESPN article: Rick Barnes proving to be the right choice for Tennessee

Here’s the 2019 list I posted recently...

1. James Wiseman
10. Jalen Lecque
20. Josiah James
33. Marcus Watson
79. Kira Lewis
120. Trey McGowens
122. DJ Burns
188. Jason Jitoboh
202. Davonte Gaines (Tennessee commit)

Wiseman is a pipe dream, likely same for Lecque...so other than that you’ve got 3 Top 100 and 4 guys outside the Top 100.

So using rivals for this list of names......

2 wiseman
13 lecque
18 James
46 Watson
108 Lewis
88 mcgowens
80 Burns
? Jitobah (no profile yet)
NR Gaines

Looks to me like we are looking to sign some guys in the top 100. I like it.

247 ranking is the small number by the way. Big number is composite.

Everyone else has him as a 4*. 247 ranks him 142 3* and lowers his composite score. They suck balls.

Woof...so he’s even further from Top 100.

FYI he’s not Top 100 on espn, how many guys do they give 4 stars too? In the past you said it was a bunch.

1. Funny about ESPN, when it was Grant who was a 4* you bashed it saying they give everyone 4 stars but that he wasn’t ranked, funny how that works.

2. The 247 ranking is 129, not sure why you are still mentioning the composite?

1. I don’t use ESPN. I was using it as an example of what the composite does. It essentially just softens the ranking on a recruit. It’s worthless.

2. It’s funny you keep saying that yet you are wrong. You circled the composite which is 129. 247 ranks him as 142. So you circled the composite. That’s why it’s in the discussion. It’s irrelevant to me cause I don’t use it. It sucks.

Woof...so he’s even further from Top 100.

FYI he’s not Top 100 on espn, how many guys do they give 4 stars too? In the past you said it was a bunch.

Oh so now you’re woofing at one of our targets. Nice. I don’t care what he is on 247 cause they are not what I use.

I said that? I doubt it.

I don’t use espn.

So using rivals for this list of names......

2 wiseman
13 lecque
18 James
46 Watson
108 Lewis
88 mcgowens
80 Burns
? Jitobah (no profile yet)
NR Gaines

Looks to me like we are looking to sign some guys in the top 100. I like it.
Fwiw Burns was in the 60’s, he’s been dropping on all services, may not wanna count that one. Or like you question about Vegas is he good enough if he’s Top 100 when he announces his commitment and drops out of Top 100 afterwards, or is he not as good then, how does that work?

So 6 Top 100 targets for 2019...care to guess how many were on the board for the 2016/2017 classes?

Oh so now you’re woofing at one of our targets. Nice. I don’t care what he is on 247 cause they are not what I use.

I said that? I doubt it.

I don’t use espn.

I’m aware you don’t, it’s why when Grant Williams was signed and people said he was a 4* on ESPN you bashed that, but not you’re using it to support your stance on Harris.

Fwiw Burns was in the 60’s, he’s been dropping on all services, may not wanna count that one. Or like you question about Vegas is he good enough if he’s Top 100 when he announces his commitment and drops out of Top 100 afterwards, or is he not as good then, how does that work?

So 6 Top 100 targets for 2019...care to guess how many were on the board for the 2016/2017 classes?

Let’s see who we get involved with seriously. And again I’m hoping we dont continue to whiff.

Could be some more names emerge also. And again I’m not saying we should exclusively target top 100. But we should be able to land a top 100 guy. 1 guy in 5 classes is not enough so I’m hoping we get at least one in 2018/2019!

I’m aware you don’t, it’s why when Grant Williams was signed and people said he was a 4* on ESPN you bashed that, but not you’re using it to support your stance on Harris.

I was using espn to crap on the composite. Nothing more.

I don’t recall bashing Grant Williams ESPN ranking.

I don’t use ESPN.

Let’s see who we get involved with seriously. And again I’m hoping we dont continue to whiff.

Could be some more names emerge also. And again I’m not saying we should exclusively target top 100. But we should be able to land a top 100 guy. 1 guy in 5 classes is not enough so I’m hoping we get at least one in 2018/2019!

My point simply was that there isn’t some massive change in recruiting approach and I have proven that...every year we’ve targeted some Top 100 guys, this year is no different...in fact without pulling the lists from last year or year before I’m gonna say 6 Top 100 is lower than previous years.

My point simply was that there isn’t some massive change in recruiting approach and I have proven that...every year we’ve targeted some Top 100 guys, this year is no different...in fact without pulling the lists from last year or year before I’m gonna say 6 Top 100 is lower than previous years.

2018 we didn’t just immediately settle for some sub 200 guy.

It’s still early for 2019. You usually post our target lists in the summer.

Isn’t our first 2019 commit ranked sub 200?

Yeah. Like I said though I don’t think rivals has evaluated him. I think 247 gave him a ranking then got scared when others didn’t follow suit.

I’m hoping that his ranking improves with exposure but I think him being committed already will hinder that.

And again, I don’t expect ONLY top 100 guys.

We’ll see how it plays out, my guess is that the 2019 class won’t look much different than the 2016 class...that’s all my point really was, that I don’t expect some big change in the ranking of guys we are landing.

Yeah. Like I said though I don’t think rivals has evaluated him. I think 247 gave him a ranking then got scared when others didn’t follow suit.

I’m hoping that his ranking improves with exposure but I think him being committed already will hinder that.

And again, I don’t expect ONLY top 100 guys.

No but you expect a couple Top 100 and then too 150 guys, no?

I bet we sign a top 100 guy in 2018 or 2019. I bet we sign two or more that are top 125/150.

1 Top 100 guy in the next 2 classes...hold on while I go find your previous posts on this topic because I assure you that wasn’t flying before with Ziti.

No but you expect a couple Top 100 and then too 150 guys, no?

I want our roster to have multiple top 100 and multiple top 150 guys on the roster at all times. Obviously we can’t get to that overnight but that’s where I want it to head.

That doesn’t mean 6 of each.

Ziti...if we rewind a year I feel your stance was “we need a few top 50 guys, another 1 or 2 Top 100, and most of the others Top 150”...was that not your stance?

Ziti...if we rewind a year I feel your stance was “we need a few top 50 guys, another 1 or 2 Top 100, and most of the others Top 150”...was that not your stance?

Idk if I quantified with exact numbers of how many we need. And I seriously doubt I said a few top 50 guys. I usually say we need to find aome guys in the 40-100 range. And yeah I like top 150.

I’m trying to soften my stance but overall I still think the next 3 classes need to have higher ranked guys than the first 3 classes.

Idk if I quantified with exact numbers of how many we need. And I seriously doubt I said a few top 50 guys. I usually say we need to find aome guys in the 40-100 range. And yeah I like top 150.

I’m trying to soften my stance but overall I still think the next 3 classes need to have higher ranked guys than the first 3 classes.

And that’s what I’ve been saying, it’s definitely been reading like a much softer stance on recruiting than previously, all I was saying.

If you take the cumulative averaging ranking I agree you’ll probably see a slight increase, I just don’t see much of a very noticeable one coming. If I’m wrong I’ll be the first to admit it, but just as I’ve said all along, if the wins keep coming then I don’t care how they’re recruiting.

VN Store

Back