Euro 2012

Spain and Croatia just need to draw against each other to go through to together. Italy needs to win by a few goals and hope Spain or Croatia wins.

Ireland can't go through

Last edited:
Spain and Croatia just need to draw against each other to go through to together. Italy needs to win by a few goals and hope Spain or Italy wins.

Ireland can't go through

That sucks. I wouldn't mind seeing Spain win it

Spain and Croatia just need to draw against each other to go through to together. Italy needs to win by a few goals and hope Spain or Italy wins.

Ireland can't go through

I thought it had to be a 2-2 draw? Why would a 1-1 draw get them both through?

I thought it had to be a 2-2 draw? Why would a 1-1 draw get them both through?

You're right, if Spain/Croatia tie 2-2, they go through no questions asked. A lot would have to happen for Italy even if Spain/Croatia tied 1-1. They would have to win by at least 2 goals while scoring at least 3 goals. Will be interesting to see how fast they come out of the gates to start scoring.

Spain and Croatia in agreement to just tie at 2-2 to get both through? Or does Croatia try and help Italy knock Spain out?

Last edited:
One thing that's clear is that Italy is a lot better when they are actually trying to score. Today should be interesting.

Last edited:
Spain and Croatia in agreement to just tie at 2-2 to get both through? Or does Croatia try and help Italy knock Spain out?

Seems like there would be a lot of people screaming about collusion if this happens.

I like the head to head tiebreaker for two teams, but it should be goal differential for three teams.

German: Welche Tiere schiessen keine Tore?
English: What kind of animal doesn't shoot goals?

German: Robben
English: Seal

You're right, if Spain/Croatia tie 2-2, they go through no questions asked. A lot would have to happen for Italy even if Spain/Croatia tied 1-1. They would have to win by at least 2 goals while scoring at least 3 goals. Will be interesting to see how fast they come out of the gates to start scoring.

I doubt either team would try to tie to assure both of them going through. That could be a disaster for either team.

Di Natale replaces Balotelli for Italy. Should be two great games today. Won't be able to watch until tonight. Enjoy fellas.

Wow. Not that it really matters, because Spain were almost certainly going through anyway, but it's frustrating to see the refs allow both a handball and an offside on Spain's goal. Sucks for England. If they make it through to the quarters, Italy would have been a much better draw for them than Spain.

What the heck happened today in the Italy game? I look over at the TV at work and I see smoke all over the field with both teams still playing the game in the smoke.

Happens all the time.

If you think college football or basketball fans are crazy and loyal here in the US, go watch a soccer game in another country.

Spain-Germany final was preserved. That's all I can ask.

That's the final I want. Both teams are fun to watch, offensive-minded. Probably the two best midfields internationally going against each other.

Greece worries me, believe it or not. Their style gives us fits.

That's the final I want. Both teams are fun to watch, offensive-minded. Probably the two best midfields internationally going against each other.

Greece worries me, believe it or not. Their style gives us fits.

If England gets the second seed, they will beat Spain. Write it down boys.

VN Store

Back