Euro 2012

Negredo blows. They should have started llorente. Much better fit considering Bilbao plays a similar style.

Portugal are playing risky by pressuring high up. It's been shown again and again, you beat Spain and Barcelona from playing deep, soaking up the pressure and hitting on the counter.

I like it though. It's making the game MUCH more interesting. That's the main reason I find Spain unbearable to watch. They normally have about 75% of the ball, and just pass it around with no real intent to attack most of the time. This strategy may not pay off for Portugal, but at least its adding a bit of excitement. Spain haven't looked this uncomfortable in a LONG time at a major tournament.

I like it though. It's making the game MUCH more interesting. That's the main reason I find Spain unbearable to watch. They normally have about 75% of the ball, and just pass it around with no real intent to attack most of the time. This strategy may not pay off for Portugal, but at least its adding a bit of excitement. Spain haven't looked this uncomfortable in a LONG time at a major tournament.

Not only that, but it's the right idea. Spain is on two fewer days rest, and Spain doesn't play all that well on the back foot, and their pace has been lethargic so far.

Looks like the best way to beat Spain is to cram it down their throats and score first.

Spain back to the 4-6-0

Not only that, but it's the right idea. Spain is on two fewer days rest, and Spain doesn't play all that well on the back foot, and their pace has been lethargic so far.

Looks like the best way to beat Spain is to cram it down their throats and score first.

Spain back to the 4-6-0

Because they rarely if ever are forced to. Most teams just commit to parking the bus from the opening kickoff, so Spain go in knowing that they can gobble up all the possession, knock it around on short passes the whole game and if they can just get one goal somewhere along the way, they're almost certainly good to go.

So much is being made of the extra days of rest, but I don't really buy it. Obviously UEFA could have, and should have done all they could to make things equal, but it's still been 4 days since Spain's last game. These guys are all world class athletes, and playing 2 games a week is commonplace for most clubs, especially ones who are competing in the Champions League.

So much is being made of the extra days of rest, but I don't really buy it. Obviously UEFA could have, and should have done all they could to make things equal, but it's still been 4 days since Spain's last game. These guys are all world class athletes, and playing 2 games a week is commonplace for most clubs, especially ones who are competing in the Champions League.
Yes but it's still two days extra rest for two sides (Germany and Portugal). That will make a difference no matter how conditioned these guys are, especially if either game goes to overtime.

Eh Ronaldo should have gone back post on that second free kick I think. Too close to not make Casillas work.

POR/ESP is like watching a fight where no one will throw a punch.

Portugal was really getting after it especially in the first sixty or so but the seventieth minute hit, both teams realized nothing was working and they've been bunkered since

VN Store

Back