Euro 2012

2 straight Euro Cups and a World Cup in between
I would agree that this is the greatest 3 tournament run of all time. I can't really comment on teams from before 1998, but I don't think this Spain team is better than the 2002 Brazil team.

If Spain goes into Brazil and captures the WC then I'd have to think best tourney team ever with no doubt.

It wouldn't be up for debate, and then it's likely that our children, their children and their children will never see the same sort of run.

4 Italians walk into a Spanish bar, and they order 4 diet cokes. The SPanish bartender says, "Sorry, we don't have diet coke, but I can give you 4 Zero." :)

I know it's way too early, but looking ahead to 2014, I think Germany and Brazil are going to be the teams to beat.

I know it's way too early, but looking ahead to 2014, I think Germany and Brazil are going to be the teams to beat.

Brazil is dependent on their youth developing. Germnay will obviously be good again.

Spain really isn't losing anyone from this team. Only players that are getting up there in age are Xavi and Xabi Alonso, but both players are in positions that prolong longevity. Not that Xavi doesn't already have a replacement in Fabregas.

Brazil is dependent on their youth developing. Germnay will obviously be good again.

Spain really isn't losing anyone from this team. Only players that are getting up there in age are Xavi and Xabi Alonso, but both players are in positions that prolong longevity. Not that Xavi doesn't already have a replacement in Fabregas.

Brazil being the host makes them much more dangerous.

Spain is obviously going to be very good again, and they're not going to be old, but as they do continue to age, there will be some questions.

My big questions for Germany are how they cycle in new players and also how strong they are mentally.

Again, it's too early to be confident about anything, but if I had to pick a winner now, I'd probably take Germany.

I'm actually not sure what to expect from the USA in 2014. A lot may change between now and then.

I'd say Mexico looks like they'll be the best team in the region in Brazil.

This. Mexico is clearly better than we are right now, but two years is a long time

Brazil being the host makes them much more dangerous.

Spain is obviously going to be very good again, and they're not going to be old, but as they do continue to age, there will be some questions.

My big questions for Germany are how they cycle in new players and also how strong they are mentally.

Again, it's too early to be confident about anything, but if I had to pick a winner now, I'd probably take Germany.

Low is honestly a lot to blame for their disappointment in the semifinals. Why he wants to play Podolski and Kroos over players like Muller or Reus is mind blowing. Podolski absolutely blows and has no business starting over Reus except for the fact that he has played with the national team longer.

This. Mexico is clearly better than we are right now, but two years is a long time

I am scared to see what happens in our friendly in August. They are up and above better than us right now (I think a small part of me died after typing that).

Watching the tournament got me back to wishing concacaf and conmebol would merge. A concacaf cl/libertadores wouldn't be on par with champions league, but seeing a new york v boca juniors quarter final would be awesome.

But combining the gold cup and copa america? Sweet jesus. I honestly believe that would be in the same league as the european championship

Low is honestly a lot to blame for their disappointment in the semifinals. Why he wants to play Podolski and Kroos over players like Muller or Reus is mind blowing. Podolski absolutely blows and has no business starting over Reus except for the fact that he has played with the national team longer.

I agree with this completely. Add to that Klose, who works well with Ozil and Muller, versus Gomez who is just a one dimensional target. Italy probably beats us anyway, but Low didn't do us any favors with that lineup.

I agree with this completely. Add to that Klose, who works well with Ozil and Muller, versus Gomez who is just a one dimensional target. Italy probably beats us anyway, but Low didn't do us any favors with that lineup.

Just a weird selection from Low. And then he basically concedes his mistake at halftime with his substitutions.

The biggest question I have about Germany going forward is who will be up top. Klose seem ageless, but he's going to be 36 in 2014.

I would be happy and excited about that, assuming they give us enough world cup spots.
Probably ten spots or thereabouts. Plus it would be politically advantageous to conmebol. They have clearly superior talent but concacaf has more sway because we have more votes with all the caribbean nations.

VN Store

Back