Euro 2012

I think they do. They also happen to have the best group of midfielders ever assembled, and I think del Bosque wanted to put the best starting xi he had out there.

That said, I think subbing in Torres instead of Negredo was his big mistake.

If your best starting 11 don't include a striker, then you don't have a striker. They have an overabundance of midfielders but you need someone who knows how to put it in the back of the net. With no Villa and Torres forgetting how to score, they are screwed.

I can agree with that to a limited extent, but I think Negredo has what it takes, considering all their mids can get him the ball wherever he likes.

But, it's also why I don't have Spain winning it all.

This match right now is very entertaining. Most exciting nil-nil I've ever seen

Del Bosque is trying to replicate what Guardiola did a couple of times this year with playing so many midfielders without a true striker. Problem with that is there is no one to truly breakdown the defense with a little magic. Having Messi is the only reason it kind of works for Barcelona. Teams will just bunker down and if you have no one to unlock the fortress, you aren't going to score.

So nobody else caught Ukraine and Sweden yesterday? One of the best matches I've seen in a long, long time in terms of entertainment.

So nobody else caught Ukraine and Sweden yesterday? One of the best matches I've seen in a long, long time in terms of entertainment.

I did. Shevchenko out of freaking nowhere, just when they were talking about pulling him because he's too old to play 90 minutes he goes off for two goals. Epic.

My girlfriend actually sat down to watch that one with me, I looked over and told her they're going to build a statue of him for that.

Yes I watched it, Was a great game, very entertaining... Have watched all the games except for the 2 matches on day 1... Looking forward to today's matches.

GO GERMANY!!!!!!!:popcorn:

Holland's gonna have to get two wins against Germany and Portugal. No easy task but at least it will encourage them to play aggressively and go after goals, with their midfield and forwards that should be fun to watch.

This isn't going well for the Dutch so far. Their best chance IMO is to hope they can beat Portugal on Saturday and finish in a 3-way tie with Portugal and Denmark, and then advance on a tie breakers. Portugal already having 2 goals and the Danes having one isn't great. A 1-0 Portugal win would have been best case scenario. Then all the Dutch would have needed is a 1-0 win over Portugal to force a deadlock tie that would have been broken by UEFA coefficient, which the Dutch would come out ahead on. The Dutch most likely won't win today, but they have to pray they can put a couple past Neuer in defeat.

VN Store

Back