Explosion in Lebanon

Idk. I think it was accidental.

What was gained if it was purposeful?
While everyone typically thinks political, there can be a lot of money rebuilding the port, or a change of management of the port.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to back off of the "military-grade explosives" assertion. It sure looked like one, but now the info seems to indicate that it was a large quantity of AN that had sat in that warehouse...in the heat...for something like 6 years?

Still a big boom. And that crater...wow.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to back off of the "military-grade explosives" assertion. It sure looked like one, but now the info seems to indicate that it was a large quantity of AN that had sat in that warehouse...in the heat...for something like 6 years?

Still a big boom. And that crater...wow.
Hey I’d call lighting off 2700 tons of AN “military grade” that’s a helluva boom. And the shock wave was incredible.

Fake? Thoughts?

Interesting use of filter.

I remember someone said there was a plane in the area the first day but then nothing got said.

A missile small enough to avoid most people seeing it wouldnt cause that big of a boom. There would still have to be the AN there, and there was already a massive fire at that location.

Much more straight forward answer is the existing fire lit off the existing AN without a missile.

Interesting use of filter.

I remember someone said there was a plane in the area the first day but then nothing got said.

A missile small enough to avoid most people seeing it wouldnt cause that big of a boom. There would still have to be the AN there, and there was already a massive fire at that location.

Much more straight forward answer is the existing fire lit off the existing AN without a missile.

I can't see the video being real. One would think with that many eyes on the already burning fire, a missile would have been seen.

I can't see the video being real. One would think with that many eyes on the already burning fire, a missile would have been seen.
I would want to see a couple more videos/views before I believed anything.

If this video was legit I get why they used the filter, easier to see missile that way, but to build a conspiracy I wouldnt want to start with a clearly filtered video.

Reactions: jp1

I tend to agree since there were a lot of videos from different angles...and I’m just not seeing anything like it.

Here’s another one floating around...found on a victim of the blast. It’s definitely different than anything else I’ve seen.

Reactions: jp1
I tend to agree since there were a lot of videos from different angles...and I’m just not seeing anything like it.

Here’s another one floating around...found on a victim of the blast. It’s definitely different than anything else I’ve seen.

I'm skeptical of this claim as well. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I can't imagine any warplane with guided missiles would need to be that close to deliver a missle on target, I mean why risk it when you don't have to?

Reactions: Pacer92
I'm skeptical of this claim as well. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I can't imagine any warplane with guided missiles would need to be that close to deliver a missle on target, I mean why risk it when you don't have to?

I was thinking the same earlier. Beirut being a coastal city, couldn’t warplanes easily stay out of Lebanon’s air space and still deliver such?

Reactions: davethevol
I was thinking the same earlier. Beirut being a coastal city, couldn’t warplanes easily stay out of Lebanon’s air space and still deliver such?
I would think so, if the intent was to set off AN it wouldn't take much and I would think it could be delivered from miles away by just about any semi modern air force on a stationary target.

'It's crystal clear Hezbollah are in charge of the port and warehouse': Leading Lebanese politician blames terrorist group and 'corrupt' government for catastrophic explosion – as aerial images reveal blast even sank a cruise ship

A leading Lebanese opposition figure has blamed Hezbollah, along with the country's 'corrupt' government, for the devastating explosion in Beirut which capsized a cruise ship and has so far claimed 137 lives.

Beirust explosion: Politician blames Hezbollah and government | Daily Mail Online

Macron promises help, Beirut residents vent fury at leaders

That stockpile of 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate set off the massive blast, apparently when touched off by a fire at the port. The chemical had been left sitting in a warehouse ever since it was confiscated from an impounded cargo ship in 2013.

A military judge leading the investigation into Tuesday's blast said 16 employees of Beirut's port, where the explosion took place, had been detained. He said 18 had been questioned, including port and customs officials, according to the state news agency.

VN Store

Back