Explosion in Lebanon

I have no expertise, like I said I am basing my belief just based on that building next door.

That is one bunker of a multiple story building to be standing next to that crater with several other warehouses leveled beyond it.
The silos appear to be made of solid concrete and I’d suspect they’ll have to be demolished. The other structures around there were probably cinderblock warehouses that disintegrated.

SIAP

im-217225

Hog or someone else want to hypothesize that maybe the blast started underground?

I am mostly thinking this because that building next door is still standing but the whole warehouse was excavated.

I can't tell for certain but it's not hard to punch a hole in the ground with a properly shaped charge. The building could have been constructed in a manner that could have acted as a shape charge directing alot of the blast downward and out towards the water.

You can do amazing things with explosives if you have the know how.

I can't tell for certain but it's not hard to punch a hole in the ground with a properly shaped charge. The building could have been constructed in a manner that could have acted as a shape charge directing alot of the blast downward and out towards the water.

I miss seeing the Dynamite Lady blow herself up at minor league baseball games. Her, the Famous Chicken, and Max someone-or-other the baseball clown, were the highlights of summer at Greer Stadium.

Reactions: tntar heel
For those saying it's not a fireworks factory.

If I remember correctly there was a huge explosion very similar 10-15 (or more) years ago in China that was a fireworks factory.
I don't think black powder is capable of going up like that. I sincerely doubt they'd have fireworks in such a quantity in that location. More fake news from our media

NINTCHDBPICT000181204130-1.jpg

Such was the ferocity of the blast, eerie shadows of incinerated humans were left imprinted on steps, pavements and wallsCredit: Getty - Contributor
Hiroshima

Last edited:
Reactions: Pacer92

The blowout to the water makes sense. That side is going to be weaker with less dirt holding it back.

In the video I have seen it just looks like typical warehouse construction. Steel frame, light gauge infill with metal panels. I doubt that did too much shaping. But that opinion only comes from a building background, not explosive.

I was kinda thinking the small fire may have cooked off some sealed storage area below causing the big crater.

But again I only do buildings, not bombs.

The blowout to the water makes sense. That side is going to be weaker with less dirt holding it back.

In the video I have seen it just looks like typical warehouse construction. Steel frame, light gauge infill with metal panels. I doubt that did too much shaping. But that opinion only comes from a building background, not explosive.

I was kinda thinking the small fire may have cooked off some sealed storage area below causing the big crater.

But again I only do buildings, not bombs.

I didn't realize those structures behind the building were concrete grain silos, they would have directed the blast towards the water. They probably saved a lot of lives.

I didn't realize those structures behind the building were concrete grain silos, they would have directed the blast towards the water. They probably saved a lot of lives.
Yeah, especially if they were full as it looks like. That's a lot of mass.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I have no expertise, like I said I am basing my belief just based on that building next door.

That is one bunker of a multiple story building to be standing next to that crater with several other warehouses leveled beyond it.
it’s the way the bags were stacked focused the blast. Nothing to see here people

VN Store

Back