Fans you are most ready to stfu

The only place in this country worse than Detroit is probably Flint, Michigan - which is technically Detroit

Agreed - my point is that while Memphis may not be ideal - it is hardly the worst place in this country.

Most of the crime here happens in very specific areas; just like any large urban area (Chicago). I just get tired of people bashing Memphis when they have no clue what daily life is really like.

Agreed - my point is that while Memphis may not be ideal - it is hardly the worst place in this country.

Most of the crime here happens in very specific areas; just like any large urban area (Chicago). I just get tired of people bashing Memphis when they have no clue what daily life is really like.

Interesting. I've spoken with many people from Memphis and one of my co-workers grew up & lived there for 20 years. The consensus seems to be that it differs from most cities in that there aren't "segregated" areas but rather a melting pot of everything from slums to million dollar mansions practically across the street from one another.

Anyways, this has seriously diverged lol. We can agree that most anywhere in Tennessee is better than somewhere outside of Tennessee because...well it's Tennessee :dance2:

Well this year I think we have a shot at shutting up UGA fans and all 5 of Vandy's fans. I think we have a shot at South Carolina as well, but their fan base seems to be fairly well behaved.

Gotta be Bama. Traveled to Tuscaloosa in 09 and had the worst fan experience of a life time. Cussed and bumped around when I walked outside. I felt as though I was the mayor of Detroit walking around in the ghetto. On top of that, this one toothless gas station attendant in Nashville has been yelling roll tide at me for the past years when yesterday I followed with "Get it out now because your days are numbered." Felt good to have a sense of pride again.

That followed by a dream of us smacking the crap out of Florida this year.

...too long, didn't read, cool story bro...

#risetothetop!

I know what you mean about Tuscaloosa. I have family that are Bama fans and a few months ago, they were talking about former auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville taking the Cincinnati job and how it was such an "urban campus". I then said to them "and Tuscaloosa isn't?". They replied, "oh no, T Town is pretty nice". I just shook my head.

Since i'm a fan of both GT and UT the fans i'd like to STFU are:

1)Georgia
2)Vanderbilt
3)Alabama
4)Clemson
5)North Carolina

This. I hate Florida about as equally as I do Bama, but they are in our division and thus have more impact on us reaching (and winning) the SEC. I wanna eat gator tail this year with a big, sloppy, drunken grin on my face. GBO!

^^^ What they said...

With a slight mix of Commodore

Bama. Bunch of self-important, condescending jackasses. Vandy sounds more obnoxious right now, but they're just kind of cute when they spout off. Kind of like Tanner on the Bad News Bears.

Reactions: 1 person
Gonna sound like the old fart in the room, but the older I get, the less and less I care about what other fans say about the vols. In fact, as of late I'm more inclined to agree with them that we blow rather than try to come back at them with some lame comeback.

This is exactly why no one here likes you. You always defend your team, always. :the_finger:

a florida fan in my office has their annoying fight song as the ring on his cell phone. It's driving me crazy since it goes off about 10 times during the day.

Followers of that one school in the state's capital.

It shouldn't take much to tie up all 4 of them. Of course one of those is Clay Travis. All we would have to do with him is pose as James Franklin and tell him we are coming over for Freaky Friday... He would bound and gag himself in anticipation.

a florida fan in my office has their annoying fight song as the ring on his cell phone. It's driving me crazy since it goes off about 10 times during the day.

Reminds me of a "cool story". Wife and I worked in S. FL for years. Her VP was a Miami fan. After Sugar Vols, she took a key chain to work that played Rocky Top. In the afternoon, he came out of his office, made her play it one time while he sat there with everyone watching him, then told her to take it home or he would fire her (joking with her). He was a pretty good sport about it.

kinda dont mind anybody. Lost to Florida and that sucked but we dont have to see them again for a while. LSU is the closest thing to a "rival" I guess but I've typically got along with folks from there.

We beat everyone else so........guess we'll have to wait a while till we have a true "rival".

Kinda hoping that becomes Alabama for obvious reasons.

For having the opinion that Nashville > Knoxville?

It's not even close.

I've traveled all over the Southeast. Tennessee was part of my sales territory for 11 years. I've been to every nook and cranny of the state. Stayed many, many nights in K'ville (listened to Dewey the Swamp Rat ad nauseum) and Nashville. Not even close. Nashville's an international city with lots of great bars and restaurants. K'ville has a river and a school, but hasn't seemed to cultivate much university culture, IHMO. I stay near Vandy and UT each time I visit. Give me Nashville every time. Although I'd prefer Athens and Atlanta.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
This is exactly why no one here likes you. You always defend your team, always. :the_finger:

I think Fade Route and I are nowhere near what you can call buddies. But I agree with his post. Too many Vols fans get all shook up, all too often over what other fans say. I think he's showing a level of maturity by no longer caring about what they say. When you got your Vols you pretty much got everything you need. Now, that's really defending your team. :peace2:

I've traveled all over the Southeast. Tennessee was part of my sales territory for 11 years. I've been to every nook and cranny of the state. Stayed many, many nights in K'ville (listened to Dewey the Swamp Rat ad nauseum) and Nashville. Not even close. Nashville's an international city with lots of great bars and restaurants. K'ville has a river and a school, but hasn't seemed to cultivate much university culture, IHMO. I stay near Vandy and UT each time I visit. Give me Nashville every time.

LOL at Nashville being an international city

LOL at Nashville being an international city

Nashville IS becoming an international city. That's why I'm not too high on it. I miss the old Nashville - the one that only had kick arse bars and the Municipal Arena was the biggest arena. That place is so crappy that concerts used to be held in Murfreesboro! But I kinda miss the "old country" times there. Now we get crap like Taylor Swift, etc. churning out pop she-it there.

Give me Knoxville any day. It's an overgrown redneck town. It might be ran by small-minded idiots, but there is something appealing about it. Some of its more notorious bars are now gone, but it's a better place to go out for dinner and it just has more of that country feel (sans Farragut).

Last edited:
LOL, where do you work? I am from there. There are about as many Vol Fans in Athens as there are AU and AL fans.

At Browns Ferry. There's not many UT fans there, mostly Bama and Auburn fans. As a Vol, you gotta be on your game when everybody starts talking sports.

I hate florida the most no doubt. But we gotta shut these bandwagon Bama fans down (especially all the hot girls, not women mind you, that are now running around wearing bama gear) it's really starting to get on my nerves!

VN Store

Back