Fans you are most ready to stfu

Can't wait to move to East TN. My son is beginning HS this year. The day he graduates, my wife and I are heading for "the sewer".

From my take as an outsider, based on what I've seen on these boards I'd rank them this way:

1. Bama - just a long time rival. This seems to be a "True" rivalry game to me. Our equivalent would be the beavs.
2. Vandy - Seems to fit the rival theme as well. This seems more like a hate than a rivalry. Our equivalent would be the puppies.
3. Florida - I don't understand this "rivalry", of course if they weren't in the SEC you'd never see them outside of the state of Florida except for a bowl game. Worst traveling team in the SEC.

4. Georgia - similar to Florida in my opinion. They remind me of UCLA, great "rankings for recruiting" that don't translate to championships very often. Basically, biggest under performers of the two leagues.

5. LSU - Not sure why they aren't higher on Tenn fan lists.

As far as I'm concerned, when I think of the SEC's "storied" programs I think of Bama, LSU and Tenn.

There are two reasons LSU is not ranked higher. As others have observed, they have never been a team that we played on an annual basis. For those of us who have been Tennessee fans for more decades than we care to count, we can give LSU their due and acknowledge that, like Oregon, LSU is currently experiencing their golden age in football. LSU, however, is a program that we have historically dominated. See Tennessee vs Louisiana State 1869-2012. The record now stands at 20-9-3 in our favor. Since 2000, roughly when we began our decline, LSU has clearly been the better team, winning six out of eight games. Prior to that year, however, we were 18-3-3 against the Bayou Bengal boys.

You are correct about our perspective on Vanderbilt. The future-General Neyland was hired with the directive to "even the score with Vanderbilt," which, believe it or not, was a Southern power during the first quarter of the nineteenth century. We despise the Commodores, in large measure, because of their condescending elitism, and expect to beat the unholy feces out of them on a regular basis. It is not so much that we take great pleasure in beating them. Because of how historically bad Vanderbilt has been, it is, instead, supremely embarrassing, indeed humiliating, to lose to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Mine has been a toss up between Vandy and FL., but some asshat on ESPN has pushed me over the top. It's gotta be the damn gators for me. PLEASE men get it done this year!!

All of them including Negavols!

GBO, CBJ & staff!

:dance2:

Tennesseeduke

Vandy it seems their fan base is full of Trolls all of the sudden. It wasn't like this before but man the way they post you think they had competed for something lately

Reactions: 3 people
I live in West Tennessee. Its 332 miles to Knoxville, and 285 miles to Tuscaloosa. The fans here like to be on the bandwagon and cheer for alabama. So to hell with them, and their wagons, i'd like to shut them up badly.

Mostly Vandy fans...... They think they're good after last season. And for anyone who has an espn account, y'all should know who NC Dores is. I want nothing more than to shut him up.

It's usually Florida fans for me, cuz they seem to be everywhere, and so loud and obnoxious, and other times on occasions Alabama. But these last two years Vanderbilt fans have forgotten what there true place is in the SEC, and think because they had one 9 win season against a cupcake schedule that they are gonna be the next USCW or Alabama. So hands down Vanderbilt now.

This. I live just outside of and work in Nashville. Knoxville isn't a "nice" city, in comparison. It's not a bad place though, but Nashville is a pretty decent city, so long as you stay away from certain areas - as is the case for any large city in America (except Memphis, it's pretty much bad everywhere)

have you ever been to Detroit? LA? Hell, Kansas City?

I get that Memphis has its problems - but it ain't all bad - go on,get out of that little box and experience LIFE....

Gonna sound weird but I would like to shut up our own fans. Cause if we ain't *****in - we winning!

Bammers. I work in Athens, AL & gotta hear their crap everyday at work.
:bammer:

have you ever been to Detroit? LA? Hell, Kansas City?

I get that Memphis has its problems - but it ain't all bad - go on,get out of that little box and experience LIFE....

The only place in this country worse than Detroit is probably Flint, Michigan - which is technically Detroit

Bammers. I work in Athens, AL & gotta hear their crap everyday at work.
:bammer:

They do suck and I feel for ya. But they've won 3 of the last 4 NCs... they can crow.

Vaginabilt freakin sucks and their arrogance towards us after losing 28 of 30 is unbearable... They're the fans that need to STFU the most IMHO.

They do suck and I feel for ya. But they've won 3 of the last 4 NCs... they can crow.

Vaginabilt freakin sucks and their arrogance towards us after losing 28 of 30 is unbearable... They're the fans that need to STFU the most IMHO.

True. I can handle Vandy's fans, it's their coaching staff that I have a problem with.

VN Store

Back