Fast paced SEC vs Slow 10

Now we get to watch Kirby try to run up the score on a depleted Florida State playing with hardly a team so that he can plead his case for being left out of the playoff.

The SEC was down this year - so was the B1G. I personally looking forward to UW joining the B1G where they pay us more money to play lesser competition. I'd be beside myself as a Wisconsin-tier fan who just got relegated.

Poll rankings are by mostly media and coaches that want to disrespect the SEC. They consistently overate the Big 10 and Notre Dame. I hate Georgia, but honestly tell me they aren't better than Michigan, Washington and Texas. AND their loss was to Alabama who is ranked the 4th seed. REALLY? This is BS and everyone knows it.

As an Iowa fan.

Tennessee should handle Iowa. Iowas Qb has trouble throwing against air. Stop the run and Iowa will struggle to score 10.

I’m very curious to see your up tempo offense against Iowa’s D and how they fare. We don’t see them very often. Typically the first two drives are best scoring chances. Then Phil Parker makes adjustments.

As for SEC speed vs Big 10 speed. I don’t think it’s as prevalent as people make it out to be.

I think offensive philosophy is the biggest factor. It’s very hard to throw the ball all over the park, go lightning fast, when it’s 0-30 degrees and 20mph winds. Big ten teams recruit and build rosters for November football in upper MW.

As a result during bowl season you see defenses get totally exposed like PSU.

Next year playoffs will be interesting with first round being at home sites. It keeps ALOT of players opting out allowing for marquee matchups to be what we want to see.
Our splits may give you guys issues. It’s just hard to know who shows up for us. We’ve had a lot of guys leave via the portal and who knows the mentality or the preparedness of their replacements.

Reactions: VollerNbham
Every year, the SEC goes around .500 in bowl games. The good teams usually win while the 6-6 through 8-4 teams lose. The middle/bottom of the SEC just seems to be worse than the middle/bottom of the other leagues while the top is better.

Reactions: cgrish
If TN beats Iowa and Bama beats Mich I think that would be a sweep of this yrs matchups between the 2 leagues, unless I missed a game.
You missed a couple. There are six SEC-B10 matches this bowl season. Plus two between SEC and ACC, and a single game vs the B12:

#4 (#1) Bama --vs-- #1 (#1 B10) Michigan
#6 (#2) Georgia --BEATING-- #5 (#1 ACC) Florida State
#9 (#3) Mizzou --BEAT-- #7 (#2 B10) Ohio State
#11 (#4) Ole Miss --BEAT-- #10 (#3 B10) Penn State
#13 (#5) LSU --vs-- #UR (#5 B10) Wisconsin
#21 (#6) Tennessee --vs-- #17 (#4 B10) Iowa
#UR (#7) Kentucky --LOST TO-- #UR (#4 ACC) Clemson
#UR (#8) A&M --LOST TO-- #20 (#2 B12) Oklahoma State
#UR (#9) Auburn --LOST TO-- #UR (#6 B10) Maryland

So far the SEC's record this bowl season is 3 wins, 3 losses, with 3 games yet to be played. Trend is, the good SEC teams are better than their opponents, even when their opponents are ranked higher (almost always) ... and the teams that barely made a bowl game are losing to their foes.

I'm pretty sure we belong on the better half of that equation. Heh.

Go Vols!

I hate Lane Kiffin. Would not wish anything good for that garbage human being. As usual, the one time I want Penn State to win, they start choking.

I hope Tennessee looks even better against Iowa, but inexperience at an and DB is likely to bite us against a very experienced Iowa team.
Yeah. Because our experienced DB’s were so good

Last edited:
I hate Lane Kiffin. Would not wish anything good for that garbage human being. As usual, the one time I want Penn State to win, they start choking.

I hope Tennessee looks even better against Iowa, but inexperience at an and DB is likely to bite us against a very experienced Iowa team.
I don't see Iowa having much success. People are over reacting to the DB transfers.

They should change their logo to one of these; Pretend 10 / Pre-10-d

Now we get to watch Kirby try to run up the score on a depleted Florida State playing with hardly a team so that he can plead his case for being left out of the playoff.
Waa-Waa. No sympathy from me. I'm glad that UGA got left out. Ga won the lottery by getting to play a team with only half a roster.

Reactions: TN1111
Ole Miss has almost 500 total yards in the third quarter against the top(?) defense in the country. Is this a look ahead to Tennessee vs Iowa game?
It was funny too, how they mentioned how good PSU's defense was on several occasions while Ole Miss was driving it down their throats

VN Store

Back