Film study of da ducks

Link to me bashing your team.

Duckit, name calling is against board rules. I don't rat, but I take it two wrongs equal a right in your mind. You don't have to like it, but you can ignore it.

You can ignore him or you can leave. Nobody is making you stay here. This isn't a hostage situation, bro.

Reactions: 1 person
Now, that's how a visitor is supposed to act. Thanks for talking real football without dissing the other team.

PD, take note. And also, I changed my avatar just for you :)

Whats funny about that is, before I joined your forums here, I wasn't at all worried. In fact, the Tennessee game was another "yawner" on our way to "The Farm"(Stanford). But spending a few days here reading and trying to learn about your team has made me nervous now haha. Love the enthusiasm from the fans here. You guys are the real deal!

Reactions: 2 people
The Ducks with their D and our OL, have ZERO chance to stop us on third and 1/2 ... zero chance. Our fate is in our hands, they'll not dictate to our offense with their D, just won't happen. The test will be can we execute well enough on offense to keep ourselves in third and short situations throughout the game? Time will tell. I believe they are very good on the offensive side of the ball and our D will have their hands full. But their D is nothing special at all, never has been against an SEC team ... even our horrible Dooley first year team had no problem with them for a half ... I believe CBJ has done a much better job and has much better talent on the field for this year's version of the Vols. I ain't skeered that's for doggone sure!!! Everybody on that OU team has 2 arms and 2 legs same as us. When they start trotting out guys with 4 arms and 4 legs, I may get discomfited, never skeered. If you can't get along get it on, that's why we play the game, we'll show up and we'll play, you can bet your sweet donkey on that.

:lol:

Ignore the idiots mate!

And this has all been fun talk and reading.

Again, as I stated in an earlier post, we don't stack 8 in the box, unless we're facing a team that very factually can't pass and only runs the ball.

Still, our defense heard a lot about Auburn shredding us with their ridiculous running game and all century QB and elite SEC and all that good stuff. How did it play out? With way less talent, that team held Auburn to its worst offensive output all season and held Cam Newton to his worst game in college. I know I know - it means nothing now. Still interesting to note. Our defensive system and philosophy bothers the **** out of teams. As I said, we've never lost a game because of our defense since the Chip Kelly era to now. I don't expect that tomorrow. I expect, if we lose, it'll be because you completely dismantled our offense.

Our defensive backfield (not just corners) is ridiculously deep, and our Dline looks like a Julius Peppers doppelgänger tryout.

But our weakness (shhhh, don't tell the Vols), is the inexperience of our linebackers. If I were Butch, I would run power plays, thereby forcing the linebackers to take angles, which get inexperienced players out of positions. And I'd throw a lot of RB and TE dump offs, stretching them out and making them think too much. That's where you're going to find the weakness. That's why I'm glad my Ducks are playing such a strong and balanced AQ conference offense early - the linebackers need to be thrown into the water. Thy have the talent and coaching to succeed; now all they need is a mean, big offense to punch them in the mouth to see how they react.

I'm actually more curious to see how our D matches up against your O than I am confident. Whatever happens, this is going to be a good measuring stick for the rest of the season, because you certainly have the players and coach to make me concerned. As I'm sure it will be a measuring stick for your squad as well!

Seriously, don't tell Butch what I told you. Or else...

I had to look this up bc it was a few years ago, but Dyer won the POG against you guys. He had 143 yds on 22 carries. That's pretty darn good. Overall, Auburn had over 250 yards on the ground.

I would say that's pretty good. Now, I'm not saying we are Auburn but our rushing game is pretty strong with two seasoned tailbacks and several 3 yr starters on the Oline.

Our running game has been impressive thus far, and I am excited to see how it does against a viable opponent. If we can work that run in and get those inexperienced LBs creepin, that's when you'll see the PA and some short slants and dump-offs to the TEs and RBs. We have done pretty well with working the HB screen play in as well, and getting our OL down the field, but Oregon is the expert on screens. So, I would expect your D to play it better than what we have seen.

You can ignore him or you can leave. Nobody is making you stay here. This isn't a hostage situation, bro.

Turn on your sarcasm meter. Talk on a message board, if it bothered me I'd have bigger problems.

So, stinks I'm not watching the game til Sunday. I'm ready.

So seriously.....who all here has faith in your qb?

The Ducks with their D and our OL, have ZERO chance to stop us on third and 1/2 ... zero chance. Our fate is in our hands, they'll not dictate to our offense with their D, just won't happen. The test will be can we execute well enough on offense to keep ourselves in third and short situations throughout the game? Time will tell. I believe they are very good on the offensive side of the ball and our D will have their hands full. But their D is nothing special at all, never has been against an SEC team ... even our horrible Dooley first year team had no problem with them for a half ... I believe CBJ has done a much better job and has much better talent on the field for this year's version of the Vols. I ain't skeered that's for doggone sure!!! Everybody on that OU team has 2 arms and 2 legs same as us. When they start trotting out guys with 4 arms and 4 legs, I may get discomfited, never skeered. If you can't get along get it on, that's why we play the game, we'll show up and we'll play, you can bet your sweet donkey on that.

Is this from the Lane Kiffen, Rick Newheusel, Ron Zook editorial on Football Logic?

Tennessee fans, I implore you to write a postcard to this fan that says, "Thanks for not being the coach of our team!"

But players with 4 arms and 4 legs might have some worth. I'll talk to the alchemists at Death Star Nike to see what they can work up. I'll provide you with the body-morphing serum for free. The only thing I'd like to see more than Florida with two Vol cleats up their ass is 4 Vol cleats.

Duckit, name calling is against board rules. I don't rat, but I take it two wrongs equal a right in your mind. You don't have to like it, but you can ignore it.

I Started to post them earlier bc trust me, you have a few gems, but then I decided, why fill up this thread with more of your nonsense.

Like the laughing head that u posted a few seconds ago. Way to really add something to the discussion.

We don't exclusively stack the box. We don't exclusively do anything. We play defense, usually in a base 3-4. And react to an offense accordingly, while still dictating to our strengths.

We're fine with tight ends getting yards. Why? Because tight ends don't usually create explosion plays. And we're fine with short dump offs to receivers, because our corners aren't just finesse cover corners - they also hit hard and tackle well.

Hm... Since the conversation was originally about Oregon being able to both stack the box and kill our passing game, it sounds like we are more or less in agreement. You try to stop the run, it opens up passing...

Oregon doesn't simply like stopping the offense. We'll give you the short yardage if we have to. Our D has 3 main goals: stop the big play, create turnovers, and sack the quarterback. Over these last 3 years, explosive plays against us compared to explosive plays for us have been decidedly in our favor. Last year, we led the nation in takeaways and I believe led the nation in sacks. Our defensive goals were met: hence only 1 loss, which had nothing to do with the D.

If we beat the crap out of your QB, intercept passes and recover fumbles, and keep your offense restricted to two plays of 20 yards or more, you can have all the 4 yard runs, 6 yard tight end completions, and 5 yard receiver hitches you want. That won't cut it when keeping pace with our offense.

When a team makes all their mojo on big plays, they forget how dangerous old fashioned offense is. Go ahead and give us all the 4, 5, 6 yard plays we want. Please! We have 4 plays to make 10. Three 4 yard plays is 12-- first down, four more downs to get the next one.

I would think that an avid Oregon fan would see the danger in this defensive philosophy against talented opponents. Let us walk down the field, chewing up clock, keeping your offense on the sidelines where they are a non-factor. Let us chew our way down the field and score.

Then, let us do that successfully, running an up-tempo of our own. Your defense stays on the field, can't substitute, and gets gassed.

I've never claimed to be Mike Leach or anything, but it seems to me that giving up 5 yards-per play could brutalize the ducks and make UT look like world-killers.

Whats funny about that is, before I joined your forums here, I wasn't at all worried. In fact, the Tennessee game was another "yawner" on our way to "The Farm"(Stanford). But spending a few days here reading and trying to learn about your team has made me nervous now haha. Love the enthusiasm from the fans here. You guys are the real deal!

I'm glad we have your attention and I am hoping beyond hope that this is the way the Ducks are looking at us.

Focus on the farm, go ahead, but dont miss the dog peeing on your foot on your way out the door... :)

Is this from the Lane Kiffen, Rick Newheusel, Ron Zook editorial on Football Logic?

Tennessee fans, I implore you to write a postcard to this fan that says, "Thanks for not being the coach of our team!"

But players with 4 arms and 4 legs might have some worth. I'll talk to the alchemists at Death Star Nike to see what they can work up. I'll provide you with the body-morphing serum for free. The only thing I'd like to see more than Florida with two Vol cleats up their ass is 4 Vol cleats.

IT's called Deer Antler Juice, bro, get with the times!

Turn on your sarcasm meter. Talk on a message board, if it bothered me I'd have bigger problems.

So, stinks I'm not watching the game til Sunday. I'm ready.

So seriously.....who all here has faith in your qb?

I wasn't too sure until he surprised me in the second half of the WKU game and completed 80% of his passes. The kid was a Gatorade POY in high school. He can be good, just needs time with the frosh receivers.

Two wrongs do equal a right. It's the American way ;)

And calm down mate. You come in here flaming these gentle Tennessee forest fawns and you get all indignant and sanctimonious because of one cheeky remark?

Don't drag the Duck name through the mud! Though Ducks do like rummaging around in mud...

I guess everything we heard before was an invention, or just denial. You outweighed us across the board for the most part. That was enough for a lot of the board to think a little ole pac team couldn't come into your house and essentially own it for a day. New coach, SEC rah rah.

So... Your logic? Some people were wrong a couple of years ago, so UT's line suck this year? Not sure I'm following your logic. I can recommend a fundamental logic class if you're open to it. :)

I do agree about your line.

I'm flattered. I'll bet your mind has changed about WKU vs UK too, since you've ventured out of Oregon for a few hours.

Hm... Since the conversation was originally about Oregon being able to both stack the box and kill our passing game, it sounds like we are more or less in agreement. You try to stop the run, it opens up passing...

When a team makes all their mojo on big plays, they forget how dangerous old fashioned offense is. Go ahead and give us all the 4, 5, 6 yard plays we want. Please! We have 4 plays to make 10. Three 4 yard plays is 12-- first down, four more downs to get the next one.

I would think that an avid Oregon fan would see the danger in this defensive philosophy against talented opponents. Let us walk down the field, chewing up clock, keeping your offense on the sidelines where they are a non-factor. Let us chew our way down the field and score.

Then, let us do that successfully, running an up-tempo of our own. Your defense stays on the field, can't substitute, and gets gassed.

I've never claimed to be Mike Leach or anything, but it seems to me that giving up 5 yards-per play could brutalize the ducks and make UT look like world-killers.

Derp. I could see how that wording was taken. I don't mean literally giving you five yards every play. Obviously, that would an unstoppable offense. Really, they would first down it every drive on their way to the end zone and would be the most efficient offense ever. Haha.

I meant 5 yards on positive plays. In every game, a decent offense will a large portion of their plays result in no gain or negative gain. The point is that we hold you to 3.5-3.7 ypp average, which is what we expect, and what should be expected of the better defenses in the country.

Derp. I could see how that wording was taken. I don't mean literally giving you five yards every play. Obviously, that would an unstoppable offense. Really, they would first down it every drive on their way to the end zone and would be the most efficient offense ever. Haha.

I meant 5 yards on positive plays. In every game, a decent offense will a large portion of their plays result in no gain or negative gain. The point is that we hold you to 3.5-3.7 ypp average, which is what we expect, and what should be expected of the better defenses in the country.

Got ya. I wager you can't do that in passing by stacking the box. I further wager you'll have problems doing that in the running game without having your inexpereinced linebackers in the box to help in the running play.

You will need to guess right all night. Again, I am not wagering a UT win. I am, however, predicting a better game than most think.

I had to look this up bc it was a few years ago, but Dyer won the POG against you guys. He had 143 yds on 22 carries. That's pretty darn good. Overall, Auburn had over 250 yards on the ground.

I would say that's pretty good. Now, I'm not saying we are Auburn but our rushing game is pretty strong with two seasoned tailbacks and several 3 yr starters on the Oline.

Our running game has been impressive thus far, and I am excited to see how it does against a viable opponent. If we can work that run in and get those inexperienced LBs creepin, that's when you'll see the PA and some short slants and dump-offs to the TEs and RBs. We have done pretty well with working the HB screen play in as well, and getting our OL down the field, but Oregon is the expert on screens. So, I would expect your D to play it better than what we have seen.

You make some good points. But remember: 37 of Dyers yards came on that fluke play when Oregon thought he was down and he got up to run downfield and set up the game win ing field goal. Otherwise, 116 yards on 22 carries from an elite athlete in a really offense? I can live with that. Every game between closely matched teams will have one offensive player shine even if very one else is contained...

As for the yards, they did alright. But what matters is points. We held them to 22. That was WELL below their season average.

And further regarding the yards, as far as I know, 250 yards on the ground was still below their average. And the game plan was to neutralize Cam Newton. Which we did, and it resulted in the team's worst scoring outpost of the season. It maybe second worst. I forget.

Point is, Oregon did what few other teams did that year, to a degree that probably no other team did: disrupt the hell out of their offense.

Wow. This got ugly fast.

Obviously Orange Crush isn't going to see it our way. It's an impasse.

I am excited about the game and think your oline will be a good measuring stick for our DL. I think they're elite. You probably don't. We'll find out.

Got ya. I wager you can't do that in passing by stacking the box. I further wager you'll have problems doing that in the running game without having your inexpereinced linebackers in the box to help in the running play.

You will need to guess right all night. Again, I am not wagering a UT win. I am, however, predicting a better game than most think.

We agree. I think Oregon wins. But I also think Tennessee gives us a good run for our money. As one would expect of a talented, well coached team, albeit a rebuilding one. You guys are looking good for the red of the season, and even better for the near future. I look forward to rooting for you the rest of the season! After we win, of course ;)

You make some good points. But remember: 37 of Dyers yards came on that fluke play when Oregon thought he was down and he got up to run downfield and set up the game win ing field goal. Otherwise, 116 yards on 22 carries from an elite athlete in a really offense? I can live with that. Every game between closely matched teams will have one offensive player shine even if very one else is contained...

As for the yards, they did alright. But what matters is points. We held them to 22. That was WELL below their season average.

And further regarding the yards, as far as I know, 250 yards on the ground was still below their average. And the game plan was to neutralize Cam Newton. Which we did, and it resulted in the team's worst scoring outpost of the season. It maybe second worst. I forget.

Point is, Oregon did what few other teams did that year, to a degree that probably no other team did: disrupt the hell out of their offense.

Fluke play or not, that's field awareness. We will need at least one or two of those this game to beat you. Please, make your gameplan to stop our QB, he's the next Manziel, I swear... :whistling:

Ignore our RBs, they are only like 10% of our rushing yards.

And I am hoping we are your Stanford this year, maybe simply bc you overlook us...

Dangerous indeed, if you don't make mistakes. They often do -- frequently enough.

I've got my fingers crossed that Worley isn't Hogan.

We agree. I think Oregon wins. But I also think Tennessee gives us a good run for our money. As one would expect of a talented, well coached team, albeit a rebuilding one. You guys are looking good for the red of the season, and even better for the near future. I look forward to rooting for you the rest of the season! After we win, of course ;)

Oregon is a massively talented team and a good showing would be a good indication for the rest of UTs season. I look forward to rooting for them after this week.

Dangerous indeed, if you don't make mistakes. They often do -- frequently enough.

I've got my fingers crossed that Worley isn't Hogan.

I think the most honest Tennessee fan would admit that Worley is not a "world" beater. There is a thread her calling for Dobbs, a true frosh, to start. Let's just say he is what he is. He doesn't make bad decisions but his arm isn't always the best.

I Started to post them earlier bc trust me, you have a few gems, but then I decided, why fill up this thread with more of your nonsense.

Like the laughing head that u posted a few seconds ago. Way to really add something to the discussion.

You have NOTHING!

Ah, but that nonsense drivel was all on point to you? All I could was laugh.

VN Store

Back