Film study of da ducks

Sh crap, you got me. :lol:

in my defense I don't pay attention every single game in the country, especially games by either those two teams. kudos to you though.

respect on a message board, I don't care about that. I've only implied you have no chance I've never actually said it.

I don't think what I said is considered trash talk I'm just talking. Imo

Oregon doesn't have to sell out with 8 to stop the run. We can though. We have the best cornerback tandem in CFB. Likewise, the dline is stout.

That's a bold statement. The best CB tandem in the nation? Then why did Virginia get so many yards on you?

IF you can really run 8 in the box the whole time, then why did Virginia get 124 yds rushing and 174 passing? 298 yds of offense doesnt sound like the best CB tandem or even close to the best defense...

Against Virginia??? Who went 4-8 last season in the ACC and is a bottom feeder in that conference?

That's a bold statement. The best CB tandem in the nation? Then why did Virginia get so many yards on you?

IF you can really run 8 in the box the whole time, then why did Virginia get 124 yds rushing and 174 passing? 298 yds of offense doesnt sound like the best CB tandem or even close to the best defense...

Against Virginia??? Who went 4-8 last season in the ACC and is a bottom feeder in that conference?

Whoa! Who the hell do you think you are bringing facts into this!?

Reactions: 2 people
Whoa! Who the hell do you think you are bringing facts into this!?

Exactly. I have all the respect in world for Oregon, they are #2 in the nation for a reason. But don't be coming to our site and actin' like your shat don't stink.

Every team has weaknesses. "We can stack 8 in the box the whole game, stop the run, and never allow a pass!"

Really?!? I mean, are you really that blind that you think that we won't at least put up some yards on the ground or the air?

So what's your prediction? 100-0 or do you guys plan on allowing your super human players a break after you are up by 50?

Why are we even playing this game, if everybody already knows the outcome?

Did I say we did against UVA? I said we can, stay with me please. I think the new coordinators, especially the D, will do good things for them. Their D doesn't look bad, time will tell.

How many yards per play did they average? when you are dead last in time of possession your opponents will get some yards and you'll never be the best statistical defense. We look to take the ball away and give it to the offense. #1 in turnover margin last year.

Exactly. I have all the respect in world for Oregon, they are #2 in the nation for a reason. But don't be coming to our site and actin' like your shat don't stink.

Every team has weaknesses. "We can stack 8 in the box the whole game, stop the run, and never allow a pass!"

Really?!? I mean, are you really that blind that you think that we won't at least put up some yards on the ground or the air?

So what's your prediction? 100-0 or do you guys plan on allowing your super human players a break after you are up by 50?

Why are we even playing this game, if everybody already knows the outcome?

you haven't even read what I said. I've never said will shut you down completely. I haven't said a lot of things that you're upset about.

Firstly, go do some research. Phil Steele had our secondary as the best in the country. Ifo Ekpre Olomu is the first cb on most big boards for the draft next and coming out as a true junior. Terrance Mitchell has been a consensus all pac 12 corner next to him. If you listen to the announcers, they echo the same sentiment.

Secondly, UVA is a BCS team and they are on the rise. The three starting WR were 4 stars, Watford was offered by VaTech and WVU, and the left tackle is a preseason all American LT candidate. In the last 5 cycles, they've recruited in the top 35 all but one time. They aren't WKU.

Thirdly, with the HUNH offense you can't look at total yardage. You will figure this out when you actually start running a play every 15 secs. Our defense usually plays two full game in a season more than a team that plays a huddle offense. On a yards per play basis we are like #13 two games in. Some of the teams in front of had one game and only played an FCS team.

Lastly, they averaged 3.7 yards per passing attempt. Virginia got 3.18 yard per carry rushing even with a 45 yard td with our second string linebacking core.

Did I say we did against UVA? I said we can, stay with me please. I think the new coordinators, especially the D, will do good things for them. Their D doesn't look bad, time will tell.

How many yards per play did they average? when you are dead last in time of possession your opponents will get some yards and you'll never be the best statistical defense. We look to take the ball away and give it to the offense. #1 in turnover margin last year.

Oh, I am staying with you, a lot better than your CBs did with VA obviously...:)

So you can do it but you didn't? So you wanted them to move the ball??? Im confused.

Seems like if my defense can stack the box and cover WRs, then that's what we are gonna do everytime... Sounds like the perfect defense.

And you know who's first so far this year in take aways? That's right, your opponent this week.

you haven't even read what I said. I've never said will shut you down completely. I haven't said a lot of things that you're upset about.

I am talkin to you and bisonduck, it gets a little confusing. sorry if i mixed what you guys said up. And Im not upset. Just correcting dillusional Duck fans.

Last edited:
Firstly, go do some research. Phil Steele had our secondary as the best in the country. Ifo Ekpre Olomu is the first cb on most big boards for the draft next and coming out as a true junior. Terrance Mitchell has been a consensus all pac 12 corner next to him. If you listen to the announcers, they echo the same sentiment.

Secondly, UVA is a BCS team and they are on the rise. The three starting WR were 4 stars, Watford was offered by VaTech and WVU, and the left tackle is a preseason all American LT candidate. In the last 5 cycles, they've recruited in the top 35 all but one time. They aren't WKU.

Thirdly, with the HUNH offense you can't look at total yardage. You will figure this out when you actually start running a play every 15 secs. Our defense usually plays two full game in a season more than a team that plays a huddle offense. On a yards per play basis we are like #13 two games in. Some of the teams in front of had one game and only played an FCS team.

Lastly, they averaged 3.7 yards per passing attempt. Virginia got 3.18 yard per carry rushing even with a 45 yard td with our second string linebacking core.

You like the -ly but i dont think they're always necessary...

Don't come here quoting Phil Steele. The guy told us we were bowling last year. An analyst isnt any better at this than you or me.

And NCST CBs, Amerson and the other one had the same kinda talk about them last year and our WRs made them look like goons. So, preseason rankings and predictions are great and all, but they mean nothing once the ball is snapped.

Virginia, WKU? whatever. WKU has the only RB since Berry Sanders to have over 3000 All-purose yds in a season. Dude is a freak, and they have an experienced offensive line to run behind. And, WKU has a great offensive mastermind in Petrino.

And they went 7-5 last year with that talent compared to UVA's 4-8 and beat an SEC team in their first game this season. Dont undercut our opponent when you guys haven't played anybody either. Nich St, really? JOKE

You like the -ly but i dont think they're always necessary...

Don't come here quoting Phil Steele. The guy told us we were bowling last year. An analyst isnt any better at this than you or me.

And NCST CBs, Amerson and the other one had the same kinda talk about them last year and our WRs made them look like goons. So, preseason rankings and predictions are great and all, but they mean nothing once the ball is snapped.

Virginia, WKU? whatever. WKU has the only RB since Berry Sanders to have over 3000 All-purose yds in a season. Dude is a freak, and they have an experienced offensive line to run behind. And, WKU has a great offensive mastermind in Petrino.

And they went 7-5 last year with that talent compared to UVA's 4-8 and beat an SEC team in their first game this season. Dont undercut our opponent when you guys haven't played anybody either. Nich St, really? JOKE

I am not undercutting your opponent. UVA beat BYU. BYU > Kentucky and it's not even really close. UVA could get 7 wins this season but we did what we were suppose to do to a middle of the road ACC team. However, their best unit was their Dline, so it came as no surprise to me that the made some things difficult.

We are two games into the season. Take all of this with a grain of salt.

Sh crap, you got me. :lol:

in my defense I don't pay attention every single game in the country, especially games by either those two teams. Kudos to you though.

Kudos to me for knowing the actual teams I'm discussing? That doesn't take anything special, despite the fact that you don't seem too worried about actually knowing the teams you reference in a discussion.

Game 1, UT: We beat AP in a landslide, while sitting our 1st teamers and most of our 2nd teamers in the 2nd half. We scored on every drive that our starters played in, while allowing 3 points by our defensive mop-team.

Game 1, UO: You beat up on a Nich St team that lost all but one game last year.

Game 2, UT: We creamed a WKU team that was coming off of a SEC win, and is coached by one of the most prolific offensive minds in the country. We set a NCAA record for take-aways. We ran the ball down their throat at will after Q1, and passed on them at will in the 2nd half.

Game 2, OU: You beat up a Virginia team that had 8 losses last year in a weak ACC.

This game will probably not be as easy as you think it will be. But, considering your miopic knowledge of NCAA football, your expectations don't seem much to hang a hat on.

:hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Kudos to me for knowing the actual teams I'm discussing? That doesn't take anything special, despite the fact that you don't seem too worried about actually knowing the teams you reference in a discussion.

Game 1, UT: We beat AP in a landslide, while sitting our 1st teamers and most of our 2nd teamers in the 2nd half. We scored on every drive that our starters played in, while allowing 3 points by our defensive mop-team.

Game 1, UO: You beat up on a Nich St team that lost all but one game last year.

Game 2, UT: We creamed a WKU team that was coming off of a SEC win, and is coached by one of the most prolific offensive minds in the country. We set a NCAA record for take-aways. We ran the ball down their throat at will after Q1, and passed on them at will in the 2nd half.

Game 2, OU: You beat up a Virginia team that had 8 losses last year in a weak ACC.

This game will probably not be as easy as you think it will be. But, considering your miopic knowledge of NCAA football, your expectations don't seem much to hang a hat on.

:hi:

You should know that Nicholls just beat FBS Western Michigan and that UVA has already beaten BYU. You think they might be improved. Besides, I don't care how many games an FCS team won, we should take care of any of them.

Telling UT fans that so-and-so was a 4 or 5 star and expecting us to ooh and aah just isn't going to happen. We are Bust U with respect to star ratings, so forgive us for not giving 2 sh**s about the "quality" of UVA's receivers.

Reactions: 4 people
You should know that Nicholls just beat FBS Western Michigan and that UVA has already beaten BYU. You think they might be improved. Besides, I don't care how many games an FCS team won, we should take care of any of them.

Surely you're not making a transitive argument to trump up your win over UVA. (UVA > BYU > UTexas). We respect Oregon as a legit BCS contender, so it's a bit pathetic if you're resorting to a sad argument like this.

I'm aware of both of their schedules. I was in no way besmirching UO. I have shown a lot of respect. I was, however, showing that in limited scheduling so far this season, both teams have done what should be expected for good teams to do against such opponents.

Both teams have shown potent scoring offenses and stingy defenses. It should be a better game than some think it will be. PD is being an uninformed troll and showing he hasn't followed UT very well this season, considering his views of the team.

But considering his comment about UK/WK, it makes sense that he doesn't follow anything outside of Eugine.

Telling UT fans that so-and-so was a 4 or 5 star and expecting us to ooh and aah just isn't going to happen. We are Bust U with respect to star ratings, so forgive us for not giving 2 sh**s about the "quality" of UVA's receivers.

I understand. The stars don't always equate to success. My point is how can you realistically say that playing WKU at home is the same kind of test as going on the road and playing a BCS conference opponent. I watched your entire game against WKU. There is definitely not he same kind of athlete on the field. It sounds like some orange glasses are on.

I'm aware of both of their schedules. I was in no way besmirching UO. I have shown a lot of respect. I was, however, showing that in limited scheduling so far this season, both teams have done what should be expected for good teams to do against such opponents.

Both teams have shown potent scoring offenses and stingy defenses. It should be a better game than some think it will be. PD is being an uninformed troll and showing he hasn't followed UT very well this season, considering his views of the team.

But considering his comment about UK/WK, it makes sense that he doesn't follow anything outside of Eugine.

He's probably only been an Oregon "fan" for the last couple of years. Before that he was probably all about USC and the Pete Carroll dynasty.

I am not the one that made the comment about UK vs WKU.

I understand. The stars don't always equate to success. My point is how can you realistically say that playing WKU at home is the same kind of test as going on the road and playing a BCS conference opponent. I watched your entire game against WKU. There is definitely not he same kind of athlete on the field. It sounds like some orange glasses are on.

I don't discount going on the road (cross country mind you) to play a BCS team, but lets not pretend UVA is anything special.

VN Store

Back