First black stripe is off!

Not gonna lie if I were an upperclassmen WR I would sneak into the equip room and add a black stripe to M Norths helmet, before I took one off

I think it's smart no matter what. The young guys are earning their spot on the team. The dog was just something to trip over and break a hip

I agree. I'm just ready to stop talking about bricks, stripes, fist up, Butch getting it and who is VFL and want to see some football.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree. I'm just ready to stop talking about bricks, stripes, fist up, Butch getting it and who is VFL and want to see some football.

Aren't we all.

Unfortunately there really isn't much else to talk about at the UT football forum.

I can't wait to go to the open practice. I hope we can see the Tennessee drill. Always some good hitting. According to Ainge, Sutton flat backed Blanc twice in one on one drills.

Reactions: 1 person
This is a Rite of Passage exercise.
its the little things like this that separate elite programs from the rest, they all add up.

Reactions: 2 people
Mark Stoops has just announced that his freshman players will wear black stripes on their helmets until they earn their blue stripes.

Reactions: 18 people
If he wins, this will look really smart. If he loses, it will look like a goofy orange ceramic dog

for some reason this post reminds me of some bone that basketball team found in the locker room back in the 80s (Tony White/Fred Jenkins NIT Final Four era). I remember Tony White going off about how it was their good luck charm.

I like the idea, however it could be tweak. Lets say they earn their power T instead of losing a black stripe?

it does and it appears CBJ is doing it in front of the team. Cam gets applause and congrats from everyone and it helps build him up. Will it win us games? Unlikely but it does help bring a team together

Ceremony is a powerful tool. The other guys see what he has accomplished through hard work and dedication. He has risen up to accomplish something and been rewarded. Great job Cam!

Reactions: 7 people
Nice, I think we all have heard that he has been doing good. But on the other end, they need to be careful to carry it too far. Players don't want to be the last to get their strips, so keep the pulse CBJ.

This really makes no sense. Someone has to be first, and undeniably someone has to be last.

I'd bet Mr. Sutton will be busting it in Friday's practice. He won't want to be caught slipping. Needs to prove to the other Freshman that he deserves it. That's what the coaches are hoping for with this incentive.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back