'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

Honestly asking, then do we want him if it comes down to just money? Admittedly, I’m not saying it’s down to this, even though……. and I agree with helping them in the NIL era, but, but. Do they really want to be here? Yes, I’m old school and agree that athletes need to be paid for their name and likeness, but I hate when it just comes down to money if that is what this is. hell, I guess I am old. (Shut up @Weezer, @drvenner and @InVOLuntary). You have no room to talk smack to anyone. It was a serious question.

So what's the deal? Has this kid gone from "Vol lock" to "Outcome Uncertain"?

Reactions: VolNash17
Honestly asking, then do we want him if it comes down to just money? Admittedly, I’m not saying it’s down to this, even though……. and I agree with helping them in the NIL era, but, but. Do they really want to be here? Yes, I’m old school and agree that athletes need to be paid for their name and likeness, but I hate when it just comes down to money if that is what this is. hell, I guess I am old. (Shut up @Weezer, @drvenner and @InVOLuntary). You have no room to talk smack to anyone. It was a serious question.
Just my opinion. If their ONLY motivation is money, you have to take a hard look at the kid involved. I don't think you can make a blanket statement about not wanting them. Some of them come from extremely poor situations where a parent/grandparent is barely scraping by. Some are just egotistical and greedy and aren't worth a bidding war. Not as cut and dried as we sometimes make it.

This doesn’t hint he’s going to LSU to me but I don’t speak the riddles
I think the majority of the "oh no" is coming from previous action -- that this close to an announcement, when rumors from other boards/Twitter start flying...

If AP addresses the rumors with a gif or short response then there's nothing to worry about

If AP addresses the rumors with a serious reply then there's something to worry about

That's not always the case though and a lot of this is weirdo energy from people who don't know how to handle repetition of good news. Self-sabotage types, you know.

Recruiting

Ironic that even on a recruiting board, with gobs of people with YEARS of experience still forget… “this is RECRUITING.” It’s a freaking dramatic rollercoaster with late teens.

We do this to ourselves. It’s like a bunch of moms living in the 80’s watching “Days of Our Lives.”

This is our “drama drug.” If we didn’t have a problem with it we wouldn’t all be here pushing refresh and trying to convince our wives to listen to us ramble about it.

Ironic that even on a recruiting board, with gobs of people with YEARS of experience still forget… “this is RECRUITING.” It’s a freaking dramatic rollercoaster with late teens.

We do this to ourselves. It’s like a bunch of moms living in the 80’s watching “Days of Our Lives.”

This is our “drama drug.” If we didn’t have a problem with it we wouldn’t all be here pushing refresh and trying to convince our wives to listen to us ramble about it.
Real Housewives Posters of the Recruiting Forum

VN Store

Back