'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

Just my opinion. If their ONLY motivation is money, you have to take a hard look at the kid involved. I don't think you can make a blanket statement about not wanting them. Some of them come from extremely poor situations where a parent/grandparent is barely scraping by. Some are just egotistical and greedy and aren't worth a bidding war. Not as cut and dried as we sometimes make it.
I get that. AND I really oversimplified it. Goodness knows each of their situations. I grew up in a really poor situation (Grandmother saving grace for me). I really wanted to know the situation for this young man. @KingNico, I just wanted to know. If the child/man is looking to increase his value (I still can’t find fault in a young man looking for a now bigger payday, they’re still kids for goodness sakes and they’ve been thrown into it, yes I’m a mama bear, enough said), or is he looking for a place to call HOME and hopefully further his dream to the NFL?

I get that. AND I really oversimplified it. Goodness knows each of their situations. I grew up in a really poor situation (Grandmother saving grace for me). I really wanted to know the situation for this young man. @KingNico, I just wanted to know. If the child/man is looking to increase his value (I still can’t find fault in a young man looking for a now bigger payday, they’re still kids for goodness sakes and they’ve been thrown into it, yes I’m a mama bear, enough said), or is he looking for a place to call HOME and hopefully further his dream to the NFL?
Yeah. Really hard to know from where we sit. I'm glad you and some of the others take an objective look at these situations instead of just painting them all with the same brush. You hope that once you get them signed and enrolled they can learn to call some place home.

not sure what changed in his recruitment. hope we can land him. although not the highest of needs, always good to have cb. lettuce get as many players as possible.

Reactions: drvenner
Honestly asking, then do we want him if it comes down to just money? Admittedly, I’m not saying it’s down to this, even though……. and I agree with helping them in the NIL era, but, but. Do they really want to be here? Yes, I’m old school and agree that athletes need to be paid for their name and likeness, but I hate when it just comes down to money if that is what this is. hell, I guess I am old. (Shut up @Weezer, @drvenner and @InVOLuntary). You have no room to talk smack to anyone. It was a serious question.
Yes we want players like this even when it comes down to money. Not everyone who is after a big payday is bad for culture or this or that. Just have to judge coaching staff on if they do pay him big money will he bring down what you’re trying to build. Auburn spent a lot of money for cam newton, won a national championship. He and only one player started on an nfl roster.

Yes we want players like this even when it comes down to money. Not everyone who is after a big payday is bad for culture or this or that. Just have to judge coaching staff on if they do pay him big money will he bring down what you’re trying to build. Auburn spent a lot of money for cam newton, won a national championship. He and only one player started on an nfl roster.
not every player cam newton. in fact, he's a generational player

Reactions: Volsdeep4
and there it is.

I liked giving the cheerleaders rage fuel. 😉

It is comical to me that Callahan on the Spillman pod was as positive that I’ve ever heard him be in suggesting this kid was a Vol. That was a few days ago. Now he’s a LSU lean? Imagine paying for such flakey info.

not sure what changed in his recruitment. hope we can land him. although not the highest of needs, always good to have cb. lettuce get as many players as possible.
True. Last year and this year combined in the secondary:
4* Jordan Matthews
4* Rickey Gibson
4* Christian Conyer
high 3* John Slaughter
3* Jack Luttrell
4* Kaleb Beasley
4* Boo Carter
4* Marcus Goree
4* Edrees Farooq

True. Last year and this year combined in the secondary:
4* Jordan Matthews